Community > Introductions

Garbage feeling

<< < (16/20) > >>

Thefranks5:
Well time to talk again. Never in my life did I ever think that this addiction would bring me down so bad. I am 127 days in and totally exhausted, mentally and physically. I always look for the silver lining in situations and this one is there but so far out of reach yet. So my throat is better to a point as the level of discomfort comes and goes. Sometimes all I feel is like something is stuck and sometimes everything feels like its burning which bothers my speech. That usually includes my throat, my sinus, my tongue, my mouth all with a slight bitter taste. With these issues it really fires the anxiety and depression plus I drive a lot for my job so there is no way to keep your mind off it. Today I woke up with what feels like a dry mouth issue with weird feeling tongue and back of mouth. At least thats what it feels like and its all classic signs of silent reflux. The ent doctor did not provide anything other then a prescription which is disappointing. So after researching the cure is to lower the acid level in your stomach and maintain it with diet. So if you are diagnosed with this be prepared to stop eating 3/4 of what your used to. I have also read that even after you controlled it per say you will have issues for 2-6 weeks until you heal. So we need to be looking down the road before that can be somewhat better. In the mean time I understand what it can cause your brain to do but remember, did you have these issues before when you constantly was washing yourself with tobacco juice? I didn’t, so we need to stay the course going forward to get thru all the new issues without caving. Caving is not going to fix your issues its just going to make it worse by covering it up. I looked at the older posts to see if I could figure out when this started. I saw 6 weeks in one and 50 days in another so for the last 75 days or so (over 2 months) I have had this issue. When will it stop? I hope as soon as I can get my diet and what I can eat straightened out and stay on it then it can start the repair the damage but the reflux needs to stop first. So anybody out there that has these symptoms look it up and research it and get the proper diet going. This is not going to bring me down and lead me the wrong way. I have come to far to fail and throw it all away. As an exdipper we just want to feel like we did when we dipped. Well for me it will take a while as it has for others. Even though I have a quit date of 3/5 I actually started to wean myself on 2/6. So I have been fighting this battle for 156 days if my math is correct. I can feel the new normal and it is better than the old normal with nicotine. Boy the party it will be when I get all this reflux crap under control though.  This is your quit and YES its personal. You are permanently divorcing yourself from nicotine and I truly believe that its a tool of satan and if you know how he works he will never let go. It will always be there the nagging, the buy me you need me, you can’t live without me and its ok I am what you need. Its been a long uphill battle that will eventually get easier. So stay strong, stay safe and God bless.
P.S. sorry if it seemed I rambled. Its my state of mind, lol.

Promises kept
8/8/98
3/5/20

Thefranks5:
Update time. Today 7/2 is one week after going to ent doctor for an 8 week throat issue. I have improved dramatically and now I am able to try and find food and drink that trigger it so they can be eliminated. I put a lengthy post on the site under acid reflux so people have additional knowledge. I would say I am 1000% better between physical and mental symptoms that had affected me. My biggest issue today (120 days) is the crave and oral fixation. Packing your lip for 30 years does not go away any time soon I guess. So its the juggle deal as to what can cure the crave and oral but not trigger reflux. Most fakes have something in it to cause the burn chewers desired. As a long cut guy smokey mountain is my go to but every product has cayenne pepper which really fires my reflux. But I really like the baccoff apple pouches but for the life of me there is something in it that burns to but no clue per ingredients. But we are doing much much much better but man 4 months of feeling like absolute garbage takes it toll on a man. So I am proud to say that I have been nicotine free for 120 days and I will continue that count forever. PTQWYT, NAFAR and ODAAT is the way to be for me. Stay strong, stay safe and may God bless everybody.

EXBEARHAG:

--- Quote from: Thefranks5 on June 25, 2020, 01:29:22 PM ---As my mom would say after a good report- Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord. Had my ent doc visit this morning and he stated my mouth is healing really really well. Confirmed I have sleep apnea throat and mouth but I new that. Scoped my throat and stated I have LPR reflux. Got my prilosec started this morning and scheduled follow up for six weeks. Doc said everything really looked great for abusing myself for 30 years. So now I have a renewed strength to fight this nic demon on even more so now. I want personally everybody who commented, quoted, suggested or yelled at me as every bit helped and I appreciated every bit of it. I am totally terrible with names so it will be very difficult to remember all of you but I pray for all us for strength, guidance and blessings going forward. This is definitely a battle that we will win, ODAAT, IQWYT and NO NICOTINE FOREVER. God bless everybody!!

--- End quote ---

'dance' 

Great news brother.  Keep kicking ass and doing your thing.  Love seeing you guiding younger quitters...will strengthen your own quit more than you know.  Keep it up!

Thefranks5:
As my mom would say after a good report- Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord. Had my ent doc visit this morning and he stated my mouth is healing really really well. Confirmed I have sleep apnea throat and mouth but I new that. Scoped my throat and stated I have LPR reflux. Got my prilosec started this morning and scheduled follow up for six weeks. Doc said everything really looked great for abusing myself for 30 years. So now I have a renewed strength to fight this nic demon on even more so now. I want personally everybody who commented, quoted, suggested or yelled at me as every bit helped and I appreciated every bit of it. I am totally terrible with names so it will be very difficult to remember all of you but I pray for all us for strength, guidance and blessings going forward. This is definitely a battle that we will win, ODAAT, IQWYT and NO NICOTINE FOREVER. God bless everybody!!

mtrentin:
Thefrank5, I recently went to a ENT doc after having similar symptoms and he scoped me and found no problems.  He told me it was likely acid reflux.  Let me know how your visit goes, if you want.  Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version