Community > Introductions

Quit day 6 for me

(1/82) > >>

Stranger999:
8 years quit is only a few days away.  I'm sure that I didn't expect to still be here when I showed up on my day 10.  There are lots of folks to thank for inspiration yet at the end of the day I had to be the one to quit.  One day at a time.  Every damn day.  Look forward to repeating tomorrow.   8)

Keith0617:

--- Quote from: Stranger999 on December 01, 2022, 10:30:27 PM ---Day 2,645.  I saw a quitter on Discord who was unsure about posting roll every day.  Somehow posting roll was going to create anxiety.  I disagree - I feel like the anxiety disappears as soon as I post roll.  Nicotine is off the table from that moment until bedtime.  Plus, others who see my roll post and may choose to make the same promise with me that day.  I can't wait to post roll tomorrow.   8)

--- End quote ---
Totally agree @Stranger999. It seems some quitters/stoppers don’t fully understand the importance or meaning of posting roll. Does everyone view it the same as if I can to your house, knocked on your door, and told you I will not use nicotine? I’m not sure. To your point, after posting, I just have to keep my word for the day. Not that hard as I just did it the prior day. I’ll be here with you tomorrow brother.

Stranger999:
Day 2,645.  I saw a quitter on Discord who was unsure about posting roll every day.  Somehow posting roll was going to create anxiety.  I disagree - I feel like the anxiety disappears as soon as I post roll.  Nicotine is off the table from that moment until bedtime.  Plus, others who see my roll post and may choose to make the same promise with me that day.  I can't wait to post roll tomorrow.   8)

Stranger999:
Day 2,517 and the system is warning me that there have been no posts on my introduction thread in 120 days - perhaps I should start a new topic?   'no'

Freedom is sweet and quitting one day at a time with other quitters now has me only a few weeks away from 7 years quit.  Making connections with others here will help you stay quit.   8)

ChickDip:

--- Quote from: Keith0617 on July 03, 2021, 02:55:20 AM ---
--- Quote from: Stranger999 on July 02, 2021, 12:23:02 AM ---My family interred my dad on Saturday at our childhood church.  The pandemic messed things up so much that it was weird taking care of this almost a full year later.

One day at a time really works.  Regardless of what life throws your way you can always choose to quit for the next 24 hours.  I quit with you today!   8)

--- End quote ---
So sorry for your loss Stranger999. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

--- End quote ---
Sorry for your looks on this earth strngrdngr. Waiting that long to say goodbye is hard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version