Community > Introductions

Quit day 6 for me

<< < (2/82) > >>

Keith0617:

--- Quote from: Stranger999 on July 02, 2021, 12:23:02 AM ---My family interred my dad on Saturday at our childhood church.  The pandemic messed things up so much that it was weird taking care of this almost a full year later.

One day at a time really works.  Regardless of what life throws your way you can always choose to quit for the next 24 hours.  I quit with you today!   8)

--- End quote ---
So sorry for your loss Stranger999. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Stranger999:
My family interred my dad on Saturday at our childhood church.  The pandemic messed things up so much that it was weird taking care of this almost a full year later.

One day at a time really works.  Regardless of what life throws your way you can always choose to quit for the next 24 hours.  I quit with you today!   8)

Stranger999:
Day 1,854... Quit... Period... but still always ODAAT.   8)

Thank you all!  Losing my dad was tough but having all of the support here really helped!

I re-read my entire introduction thread again tonight and the support I've received these last 5 years is truly amazing.  This site rocks!  It also reminded me that while there are many stages of quit the most important part of quitting is being sure to show up and actually quit every day.

Whether you are in or out of the fog we are all still addicts.  We need to show up and quit every day.  I can't wait to post roll tomorrow!   :)

worktowin:

--- Quote from: Mmardis on July 25, 2020, 09:01:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: Keith0617 on July 25, 2020, 10:53:53 AM ---
--- Quote from: Thefranks5 on July 25, 2020, 06:51:05 AM ---
--- Quote from: Stranger999 on July 25, 2020, 12:06:12 AM ---Thanks to all for the thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.  I really appreciate it!  This site is awesome and I'm blessed to have so many friends that I have never met.   :)

My dad passed away early in the morning yesterday.  I'm not sure how much his smoking cut his life short.  Heck, he lived to be 91.  But I do know his health was not good in the final years and he got pneumonia very quickly when he was in the ICU last week.  His lungs were obviously compromised.

I made my own choice to quit all forms of nicotine almost five years ago.  I'm going to mourn the loss of my dad today and I am going to put my name on roll tomorrow.

--- End quote ---
Right there mourning with you brother. Thank you for your story as it has helped not only my quit but many others. May God be with you and comfort your family in this time of need.

--- End quote ---
Thoughts and prayers with you and your family

--- End quote ---
Sorry to hear about your loss. Trust in the Lord and our your trust in Him. Prayers for you and your family.

--- End quote ---
Peace be with you and your family. Take solace with the knowledge that your dad is in a wonderful place now. My thoughts are with you.

Mmardis:

--- Quote from: Keith0617 on July 25, 2020, 10:53:53 AM ---
--- Quote from: Thefranks5 on July 25, 2020, 06:51:05 AM ---
--- Quote from: Stranger999 on July 25, 2020, 12:06:12 AM ---Thanks to all for the thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.  I really appreciate it!  This site is awesome and I'm blessed to have so many friends that I have never met.   :)

My dad passed away early in the morning yesterday.  I'm not sure how much his smoking cut his life short.  Heck, he lived to be 91.  But I do know his health was not good in the final years and he got pneumonia very quickly when he was in the ICU last week.  His lungs were obviously compromised.

I made my own choice to quit all forms of nicotine almost five years ago.  I'm going to mourn the loss of my dad today and I am going to put my name on roll tomorrow.

--- End quote ---
Right there mourning with you brother. Thank you for your story as it has helped not only my quit but many others. May God be with you and comfort your family in this time of need.

--- End quote ---
Thoughts and prayers with you and your family

--- End quote ---
Sorry to hear about your loss. Trust in the Lord and our your trust in Him. Prayers for you and your family.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version