Trust - build it
Others - not alone here - we are a brotherhood
Determined - be single-minded about your quit
Assist - help a brother, it will strengthen both quits
Yoke - tandem efforts moving toward a target

--- End quote ---
still applies

Keith0617:

--- Quote from: cbird65 on August 25, 2022, 12:44:43 PM ---Haven’t added anything here is a long-ass time..

I am now ten plus years quit and my brain still doesn’t believe it’s been that long.  I’ve carried my KTC coin wherever I go….
 During my last business trip to Austin my coin fell out of my pocket sometime on the last night of a business trip to Austin a couple of weeks ago.  Me a couple of co-workers search the on-site bar at the LoneStar Court hotel where we were staying…. to no avail.  When I checked out of the hotel, I asked them to keep an eye out for it and showed them a pic of coin and it’s ‘meaning and importance’.
I asked my coworker to try to contact the Lyft driver to see if they found my coin and gave him my phone number if they did.  Two days later I received a call from the driver and explained what it meant to me. He immediately congratulated me on my quit and said he would drop it off at the hotel since had already checked out and back in Plano. (3 hours north)
The following Tuesday, the driver called me saying he dropped the coin off.  I immediately called the hotel and asked them if they would take the coin to a FedEx location and ship it back if I sent them a shipping label.  The desk agent agreed but 1 hour later the manager called me back and gave me his email address and cell, saying he would personally insure this was done.  Two hours later, I received a FedEx text saying the ‘package was dropped off’.  The following day, I sent him a thank you email for all of his efforts

He quickly emailed me back

"I am glad you received your package. I was so glad to see the coin when it was dropped off.  Your coin is more than a piece of metal it is a ray of hope. It is hard work and struggle paying off and gives you the strength when you need it.  Our very best wishes from the lone star court. And hope to see you again in the future."

--- End quote ---
Great read. Thank you for sharing.

cbird65:
Haven’t added anything here is a long-ass time..

I am now ten plus years quit and my brain still doesn’t believe it’s been that long.  I’ve carried my KTC coin wherever I go….
 During my last business trip to Austin my coin fell out of my pocket sometime on the last night of a business trip to Austin a couple of weeks ago.  Me a couple of co-workers search the on-site bar at the LoneStar Court hotel where we were staying…. to no avail.  When I checked out of the hotel, I asked them to keep an eye out for it and showed them a pic of coin and it’s ‘meaning and importance’.
I asked my coworker to try to contact the Lyft driver to see if they found my coin and gave him my phone number if they did.  Two days later I received a call from the driver and explained what it meant to me. He immediately congratulated me on my quit and said he would drop it off at the hotel since had already checked out and back in Plano. (3 hours north)
The following Tuesday, the driver called me saying he dropped the coin off.  I immediately called the hotel and asked them if they would take the coin to a FedEx location and ship it back if I sent them a shipping label.  The desk agent agreed but 1 hour later the manager called me back and gave me his email address and cell, saying he would personally insure this was done.  Two hours later, I received a FedEx text saying the ‘package was dropped off’.  The following day, I sent him a thank you email for all of his efforts

He quickly emailed me back

"I am glad you received your package. I was so glad to see the coin when it was dropped off.  Your coin is more than a piece of metal it is a ray of hope. It is hard work and struggle paying off and gives you the strength when you need it.  Our very best wishes from the lone star court. And hope to see you again in the future."

FLLipOut:

--- Quote from: ChickDip on April 05, 2020, 05:24:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: Keith0617 on April 03, 2020, 08:55:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: cbird65 on April 03, 2020, 04:57:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: cbird65 on September 22, 2018, 03:32:57 PM ---
 11 Jul 2013, 10:29

--- Quote from: Evil_Won ---
--- Quote from: CBird65 ---
--- Quote from: Grizzly25 ---
--- Quote from: CBird65 --- 559
Quitting tobacco is the hardest thing any of us will ever do.  What does it really take?

Well for me, it was the ‘I have had enough of being controlled by a 2 ¼” can”.  Ok, you say.  Bully for you – you made a mental decision not based on fear or for anyone else…. What now?

What now is where KTC came into play.  Finding this site three days after my decision was the life preserver being tossed to a man treading water in a turbulent ocean.  I had been here before and failed countless times.   I needed to learn how to quit, not just stop.  It was a matter disregarding all the ‘knowledge’ I thought I knew and become a student of quit.

I had never visited an open forum before and this isn’t the easiest elephant to eat so it’s little by little each day learning the ins and outs of KTC.  Was it difficult, yes but it also distracted my nicotine ridden body and mind.  I am part of April 12, the battered bumping bastards of April 12 to be exact and am one of the spreadsheet trackers too. Our name is justly deserved.  Come by and read some of our history to see why. 

The saying around here is to drink the Kool-Aid.    I’ll take it a step further and liken it to jumping out of the plane for the first time.  I am not an accomplished sky diver but have made 5 successful jumps.  Yes I know we have some badass military guys on the site and I am not trying to compare myself to your or your sacrifice/service – just hang with me a little bit.  Hanging on the edge of the plane at 14,000 feet you have a decision to make.  Tandem jumping is now the law and it’s up to the jumper to make the initial exit.  Full commitment is now reality if you want to experience. The jump school (first 100 days) teaches us how to identify the dangers and pitfalls of our addiction.  Not just avoiding the fight but how to defend and then attack the enemy.  Tandem jumping means you are wearing a harness which is attached to an experienced and licensed sky diver (KTC vet).  My life was literally in my jumper partner and had to completely trust he could land me safely. After the Hall, we get to put our ‘quit degree’ into practice.  The first milestone is only a mile marker affirming you are going in the right direction.  Top off the tank and get back on the road; this is not your final destination!  For me, after my first safe landing, I was ready to go again!! 

Would I be quit without KTC?  Yes, is say with slight question mark floating in the back of my mind.  Would I be as confident in my defensive and offensive skill in battling nicotine, HELL NO!

Let go and let it rip boys!!
--- End quote ---
Well put brother!!

Its vets like you that have given newbies and not-so-newbies like myself the advise on how to get thru some of the tough spots.

Proud to be quit with you today.
--- End quote ---
keep paying it forward and backward G25 - lovin that quit
--- End quote ---
Whenever I'm pissed I know I can come to Cbird's intro for a dose to positivity. Thanks Cbird. Proud to know you.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
taking a walk down memory land and ran across this ....

--- End quote ---
Preach it

--- End quote ---
Tweet tweet. That's wisdom thrown there.

--- End quote ---
Serious gold from the birdman!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version