Author Topic: Day 1 New Member  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Bombero

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-25
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 1 New Member
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 12:27:00 AM »
Quote from: MUPig
Did we lose you Crazy? Just want to know if I should stop wasting my time trying to help you and focus on someone who really wants help plowing through the quit.
Sent him PM and I think email too, no response.
I was a ninja dipper, but I will have a berserker quit - Here's some encouragement

NEVER Ring the Bell! Watch this. It will change your life.

When a crave hits watch this.

"Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be Kind Always."

?Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good. ? ~ Vince Lombardi

"We all have our own demons that we face on a day to day basis. Some we can talk to others about. Some that we have to work through on our own. ...the nic bitch continues to knock on the doors my friends. Stay strong, stay vigilant." - Fireheeler; 6/11/14 in AUG14

Never cured, but quitting like this

What cost is too high?

Addict Life

Offline Mupig

• Master of Quit
    • MUPig HoF Speech
  • Quit Date: April 14, 2014
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 11:11:00 PM »
Did we lose you Crazy? Just want to know if I should stop wasting my time trying to help you and focus on someone who really wants help plowing through the quit.
Proud member of July 2014 DD’s

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 09:10:00 AM »
I quit with you today Crazy.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 08:43:00 AM »
Here is a brief timeline on how my quit is going, I'm not sure if it's helpful or not but I made it for another new quitter and he seemed to like it.

"3 days is something to be proud of. The nic is out of your system so it's all fun and games now...right? Well F...guess what? Your body is use to living with nic and now it's mad and is about to really fight you.

The good news is that you understand how to use your tools and you have some good fight in you. The better news is that it gets so much easier very quickly. Now, I realize that "quickly" is a very relative term- as when you are suffering minute to minute, 5 or 6 weeks seem like 100 years. In reality, 5 or 6 weeks is not a very long time.

Keep in mind, I am no expert and I am just going off of what I have experienced the past 285 days. My "suck scale" looked something like this:

Day 1-3: bad fog, my brain didn't work at all. Very little sleep and couldn't take a dump to save my life. I wanted a dip every second of each day.

Day 4-10: Pretty much out of the fog but bad, bad cravings and headache every second of the day

Day 11-14: My cruise control days, I didn't think about dipping much and craves were few and far between. Sleeping good but too much.

Day 15-21 Starting to get my energy level back up. Craves about 2-4 per day and short. The first thing every morning, I started to get an empty and sick feeling in my stomach when I thought about not being able to dip. Started losing my temper easily.

Day 22-25 No real changes, cruising along but feeling a little depressed. I started learning how to hate my addiction and was really mad about it.

Day 26- 30: Wow, I was starting to gain a lot of weight. Weird how I replaced Cope with Ice Cream and cake. I don't even eat sweets but here I am 10 lbs heavier. I don't care, I'm not dipping and the craves are mild.

Day 31-38: Freaking fog was back, some nasty craves and my temper way out of control. WTF!

Day 39-60: The roller coaster days. Mod craves followed by no craves, bad temper and mild depression. A difficult time but I was not giving up at this point.

Day 61-73: The best days by far. Seldom think about dip, temper is way better, sleeping like a normal person and just feeling pretty darn good. I am stacking up these good days to recharge my batteries and prepare for the next round of fights".

Day 74- 85: Really good days. Strong cravings when I have too many drinks so I have been careful with drinking. Normal days are now 0-1 crave. My temper has been completely under control for 2 weeks now.

Day 86-99: Zero craves, zero dip dreams and temper under control. The strong craves when I drink are also gone. I am disgusted when I see someone dip. Proudly watching my group hit HOF one at a time; which is just how we quit, one day at a time. My guard is still held high as I know the fight is far from over.

Day 100-135: I am on a high as I have reached my first goal. My guard is held the highest it has ever been in because I will not disappoint all those who have helped me.

Day 136: Zero, I mean nadda, zip, nothing as far as craves go. My cardio recovery time is amazing on the bike now and I just donÂ’t dip. I told my wife last night that this is the first time I have ever truly quit. Sure, I stopped for 262 days once but it didnÂ’t feel like this.

Day 137: Rough patch at work this week. Just found out that we are closing our Sleep Division (I'm in Medical Sales). I make about 50% of my commission in sleep so I have no idea what I am going to do.

I took my wife to a nice dinner and explained it to her. We are both freaking out. I also drank about 6 Martinis and for about a 5 minute period, I told myself I was going to get a can on the way home. Who cares at this point...right?

I got up, went to the bathroom, got my tools in order and said fuck off Nic Bitch....I may be willing to screw myself right now but not everyone who has helped me. I put my big boy pants on and went home.

Minny and his 1+1= 2 theory kept ringing in my head.

Day 138-145: Guard held high and in for the long run. Weird dip dream last night. I just remember feeling panicky because I needed some SM and couldn't find any at any store. I woke up and was fine. It is funny as I haven't used SM since my first week of quit.

Day 146-285: Everything has gotten so much easier. Zero cravings but guard is still held high.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline crazybastid

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 11:47:00 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement. It's just a bitch today, you've all been there. I'm glad for the site and support available to me. I'm not good at this accountability shit, but I'm willing to give it a try. I'm quit today that's all I got, I feel so unproductive but, I'm nic free.
It has to start somewhere, it has to start sometime
What better place than here, what better time than now?

All Hell Can't stop us Now....
Guerrilla Radio, Rage Against the Machine

Offline mb289

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/17/2014
  • Interests: Motorcycling, camping and welding
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 07:29:00 PM »
Welcome Brad and you have come to the right place if you want to be quit! It was already stated, but the first 3 days are hard, no way around that. There are a lot of former long term chewers that made it and so can you. Read the Welcome Center and post roll everyday. PM me if I can help.

mb289

Offline MCO

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-03-14
  • Interests: Shooting, hunting, fishing, videogames, women, etc.
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 04:03:00 PM »
Welcome Brad, I was in your shoes 49 days ago. The first couple of days suck, no one will argue that, but it does get better. Keep posting roll every day, don't focus on the future just worry about today, and read everything you can on this site.

My advice is this: Drink the Kool-Aid, there are a lot of quitters who join this site and post roll everyday but that is it, they don't get involved beyond the bare minimum. There are very few who quit like this and make it to HOF and even less that stay quit past HOF. Make an effort to get involved in this site (chat is a great way of doing that) and make some real connections with people.

Shoot me a PM if you want a number, congrats on quitting brother, you will do this!!

Mike aka MCO
Quit: 3/14/2014
HOF: 6/21/2014
Quitting with The Saloon and The Elite 8!!
If you are reading this; I quit with you today.

Offline Mupig

• Master of Quit
    • MUPig HoF Speech
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 03:49:00 PM »
You da' man Bastid! I see you posted roll - now keep it going every damn day!!!

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 11:29:00 AM »
Hey Brad! Congrats first and foremost! Guess what, the first few days is like that...pretty much hell. But i can tell you one thing...you're energy is about to triple from what it was while you were a user. Mix in some exercise...maybe go get some strange if your not married..anyhow..hold on! It gets so much better!
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 06:55:00 PM »
Welcome and congratulations! You're going to get some good advice here. Mine is: 1. Read all you can here to learn about the addiction and the quits of others here. 2. Make friends - build out your accountability and support network here. It will be tough at times but you have to earn your freedom. I chewed forever and was deeply addicted. If I can do it, you can too. Glad to see you here!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Mupig

• Master of Quit
    • MUPig HoF Speech
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 06:49:00 PM »
Quote from: crazybastid
Hello I'm Brad. Made it three days then caved and smoked some cigarettes. There was drinking involved. Just want to be free and happy. The slow burn of chew withdrawal has been pure hell. I wonder if I'll ever have the drive, energy and focus I once did, I feel really fucking slow and stupid. Hoping it gets better but even if it doesn't I'll stay quit mainly cause I never want to go through that physical withdrawal again, fucking hell. I chewed a can a day for seven years.
First of all - welcome to the rest of your life. This site is full quitters who have gone through what you are going through. The time to quit is now and that means no nicotine in any form - patches, cigs, chew, gum, e-cigs. We are here to help you get through the rough patches and celebrate your victories (which by the way - is everyday you remain quit).

It will be hell at first - but you need to plow through the rough patches. There is a ton of material on this site that will tell you how.

You also MUST post roll every day - stating your commitment to be nic free today! Not just once a week or when you feel like it - every day.

Your fellow quitters will be there for support, including me. PM me for info. Text me anytime, day or night - especially if you think you are having thoughts of caving!

Quit with your brothers (and perhaps sisters) and you will be able to do this.

Welcome to the club!

This is your quit group: Go on and post (read directions) topic/10225414/19/#new

Offline crazybastid

Day 1 New Member
« on: April 30, 2014, 06:26:00 PM »
Hello I'm Brad. Made it three days then caved and smoked some cigarettes. There was drinking involved. Just want to be free and happy. The slow burn of chew withdrawal has been pure hell. I wonder if I'll ever have the drive, energy and focus I once did, I feel really fucking slow and stupid. Hoping it gets better but even if it doesn't I'll stay quit mainly cause I never want to go through that physical withdrawal again, fucking hell. I chewed a can a day for seven years.
It has to start somewhere, it has to start sometime
What better place than here, what better time than now?

All Hell Can't stop us Now....
Guerrilla Radio, Rage Against the Machine