Author Topic: Day 6.  (Read 732 times)

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: Day 6.
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 10:46:00 AM »
Quote from: FarNorthQuitter
Hello all, just reposting this intro on this part of the forum as I may have posted it in the wrong place yesterday so those of you that have seen yesterday's post will know what I mean. 6 days ago I decided to make the long hard trudge to quit. Definitely glad I found a place where experienced quitters can help give some insight or shed some light on the rough journey. Copenhagen Longcut was my vice and boy do I miss it. Been dipping for about 4 years now and decided that it was time to kick it. Just wasn't feeling it anymore. It's definitely been hard trying to hang in there, seems like it comes in waves where I feel completely great and then crappy again. Any advice to help get through the early stages would be much appreciated. I work a high stress job and I just got off vacation so we'll see how going back to work goes.

Stay the course ladies and gents.

-FarNorthQuitter
Welcome and congratulations! It ain't easy to quit but its simple. The more you give it your all the better it sticks. Here are my basic tips:

1. learn all you can about the addiction you are fighting. Read, read, read. Knowledge center here on the site, the article in my signature line below, other quitters' intro threads (go way back- you'll see everything you face or have done before!)
2. Build a network of other quitters- of all experience levels, for support and accountability.
3. Log your experiences here- as a record of what you DON'T EVER want to have to go through again, and also to let other quitters know how you are doing.

Dig deep, give it all, you will NEVER regret a real quit!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Cantrap

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-02-03
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 6.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 10:31:00 PM »
Welcome here! Have a good look around and get started. Younwill post roll in june hof, go on over there and get your name on that roll sheet. Do that everyday first thing!

Offline FarNorthQuitter

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-03-14
  • Interests: Firefighter/Medic. Baseball, hockey, hunting, fishing and anything outdoors.
  • Likes Given: 0
Day 6.
« on: March 20, 2017, 08:08:00 PM »
Hello all, just reposting this intro on this part of the forum as I may have posted it in the wrong place yesterday so those of you that have seen yesterday's post will know what I mean. 6 days ago I decided to make the long hard trudge to quit. Definitely glad I found a place where experienced quitters can help give some insight or shed some light on the rough journey. Copenhagen Longcut was my vice and boy do I miss it. Been dipping for about 4 years now and decided that it was time to kick it. Just wasn't feeling it anymore. It's definitely been hard trying to hang in there, seems like it comes in waves where I feel completely great and then crappy again. Any advice to help get through the early stages would be much appreciated. I work a high stress job and I just got off vacation so we'll see how going back to work goes.

Stay the course ladies and gents.

-FarNorthQuitter
"Be a fucking wolf. Be a fucking lion. Take no shit. Set goals, smash them. Eat people's faces off. Be a better person. Show people who the fuck you are. Never apologize for being awesome.
Stay the motherfucking course."