Author Topic: Copenhagen Crazy  (Read 765 times)

Offline Dundippin

• Quitter
  • Shift your focus so you do not think about it
    • Recovery Meeting Place
  • Quit Date: 9/15/2015
  • Interests: Web development, database design, management, weightlifting, bike riding, gardening and watching the Baltimore Ravens.
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Copenhagen Crazy
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 09:54:00 AM »
GoJo914,

Good decision to quit., Welcome to the group.

The main way to be successful is to just decide that you have quit. Once you stop the negotiating in your head as to whether you will do one more or not the rest becomes far more simple.

Next, you will learn to distract your attention from your desire for a dip to anything else that interests you. This ability to change your focus will guarantee your success and make your quit that much easier.

When you place a dip in your mouth, your brain releases sugars. Well, those sugars are now going to be gone.

However, you can replace them with OJ or other fruit juices with sugar. This will provide some comfort, especially in your initial quit days.

Make sure to exercise with weights and cardio when you feel that nagging tension in your muscles, you feel that rage, when you can not sleep and when you can not focus. Exercise really helps.

Here is one that most people overlook. Get at least 3 square meals a day. Hunger can really bring on those urges so squash those urges before they come. Eat full healthy meals and do not let yourself get excessively hungry. You will see this helps a great deal.

I waited until I was 59 quit after using tobacco for 40 years. You are wise to quit now.

I quit with you today.

Dundippin day 844

Offline Frazzled

• Eternal Quitters
  • Master of Quit
  • 1/3/2011
  • Quit Date: 1/3/2011
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 04:52:00 PM »
I think you'll be in April 2018since Day 1 is today, right? If so make your way there and post up. We count the day you have your last Dip as Day 1 so if that was yesterday, you are on Day 2 the way we count here.

Congrats on the best decision of your life. We are here to help. Reach out if you need anything.
Quit Date 1/3/11
Floor 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Offline Samrs

• GUD BOI!
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Just freaking post roll, OK?
  • Quit Date: 10 Jan 2017
  • Interests: Writing, gaming (computer, tabletop, board and card), SF/Fantasy, hapkido.
  • Likes Given: 1561
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 12:44:00 PM »
GoJo - welcome! I was in your shoes this time last year. 33+ years of Copenhagen. I'm coming up on a year free from the can now... so I know that you can do this.

Your next step is to post roll in the April quit group. There are instructions on how to post roll at the top of every page, and there's also a video that you might find useful: Posting Roll on KTC Kill the Can

We post roll every day here, first thing. It's our promise to not use nicotine for the day. Wake up, make that promise, then keep it for the next 24 hours. Then do it again the next day, one day at a time, and you'll be amazed at how quickly those days will pile up. It really is life-changing.

I'll be looking for you to post roll in January. Proud to quit with you today!
"We have so much experience here in lying to ourselves and others, that it takes a strong voice to snap ourselves out of it... Be thankful that all these people are willing to be invested in you saving your life." -- drstober
"You're playing a game of chicken with a dead plant in a plastic can. If you cave you lost to a dead plant." -- Candoit
"The answer isn't more numbers. The answer is build relationships." -- Broccoli-saurus
"ok. now groop hug." -- 'drome
"The rule is WUPP (Wake Up Piss Post) regardless of time or zone, unless you are in the Phantom Zone.  In that case, hit up Jor-El and he can get you on roll." -- S412
My Intro - The Weight of Days - Mall Walking - Workin' it off in the Excercise Group

Offline GoJo914

• Quit Date: 2018-01-01
  • Interests: Hunting, Guitars and Hunting
  • Likes Given: 0
Copenhagen Crazy
« on: January 01, 2018, 12:32:00 PM »
So, after 30+ years of Copenhagen, its time to stop. I was just a kid when I started this habit/addiction and although I have quit many times over the years, I never planned on quitting for good. I enjoyed it and it was just part of who I was.

Now, IÂ’m ready to quit for good, the price, the family/friends and the health issues all play a part in my decision to quit. DonÂ’t get me wrong, IÂ’m quitting for me, but there are many reasons that aid my main reason.

I have been planning my quit for two months, January 01, 2018, my day one quit. Glad I found this sight and look forward to watching my quit days grow.
***NEWS UPDATE***
Weekend Forecast:

Hunting with a chance of Drinking