Author Topic: And on the Sixth Day...  (Read 708 times)

Offline Cancrusher

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quit.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: And on the Sixth Day...
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 09:22:00 AM »
The bond has been made my friend. The avatar has been shared. Now you must hold up your end of the deal and keep that shit out of your mouth. Check your Inbox (Upper right-hand corner). There you will find my digits. I prefer texting. If you EVER get the slightest inkling that you think you might want to cave, you must first get permission from me.

One day at a time.

CC
My Day 1 | 5/19/2010

PLAY STUPID GAMES, WIN STUPID PRIZES.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 03:10:00 PM »
Make a plan.

Get some phone #'s.

Quit everyday, including sat and sun.

There is no "just one" ever. EVER.

Welcome!!!

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »
Welcome Greg, you're already through the toughest part of the journey! Your intro read great to me. Stick with it and post roll
Quit January 19, 2011

Everything is permissible for me but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Cor 6:12

Offline Blue Dun

• Quitter
And on the Sixth Day...
« on: March 21, 2011, 01:04:00 PM »
I'm a little late starting here but this is my first time (and LAST and ONLY FIRST TIME) getting acquainted with this site. By late starting I mean I quit on March 16th, which is to say that March 16th was my first day of being clean and rid of Copenhagen. I bought two fresh cans of Red Seal fine cut natural on March 15th, thinking I'd discovered a way to out-smart those bastards at U.S. Tobacco Corp... "I'll show them," i thought... "crazy like a FOX!" 25% MORE tobacco than Copenhagen for nearly HALF the price!!! Suckers!!! Yeah, pathetic.

My name's Greg. I'm 33 and started smoking a tobacco pipe at 15 (only one at my high school, COOL. Real distinguished). That led to Camels freshman year of college, and I was chewing by junior year. Guess that puts me at about 13 years of dipping. At the end I was hammering out about 1 can every 1.5 days, chewing whenever I wasn't eating (and occasionally during) or sleeping.

I took one chew from one of those two cans of Red Seal on Tuesday, March 15th. Not sure what happened or why, but I spit it out and then emptied the rest of the can into the trash. Then I found this site. But I saved the second, unopened can. That same Tuesday night I drank, caved, and opened the second can. I chewed like a banshee til I passed out. And then early Wednesday morning I dumped the rest of the last can of chew I will ever hold (and the last nicotine I'll ever sully my body with) into the toilet and flushed it. Been reading a LOT here since then.

Sorry to ramble, not sure how these intros are supposed to work. Just wanted all of you to know that this site is helping people more than you may realize. Anyway today is day 6 for me and it's been shit, which is why I've signed up here. But it hasn't been shit enough to give up and I will not. Noticed at least one other who happened to quit the same date as me, I know that will help. Meantime, I'ma figure out how to post roll.

Thanks all.