Author Topic: Been cutting back, finally quit  (Read 1753 times)

Offline Good_ol_boy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-08-27
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Been cutting back, finally quit
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2013, 03:40:00 PM »
Quote from: Miles
Your Quit Group

Click on the link above and add your name to the list of quitters.

You CAN do this. Keep fighting!
I found the group, just can't do all the ctrl+(whatever letter) stuff

I travel for work, not always around a computer like now, this is all from my phone
?Sit tall in the saddle; hold your head up high. Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky, and live like you ain't afraid to die. And don't be scared, just enjoy your ride.?

~ Chris LeDoux

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 10:06:00 AM »
Quote from: Miles
Your Quit Group

Welcome GOB to the Best of you life.
It's good to see another nicotine addict wanting to take his life back.

You really can do this...many have gone before us to pave the way.
Get in here everyday and read, read, get digits from the queers...I mean quitters in your group...LOL ;-) Get to know your brothers, plug 'em into your phone, you will need them to help you grow a big pair to beat the nic bitch with!!!

rules:
No nicotine....flush it all...flush your hidden/forgotten stash.
Post Roll early in your a.m.....the earlier the better for YOUR quit! (your promise for today).
Keep your word all damn day! Your word is good...right?
Get to bed, wake and REPEAT!!!

I do this every fucking day and every day it gets better and better. Not to sugar coat it...there are battles, wars ahead..but with KTC and your new found Balls and tools, You can beat the nic bitch ONE DAY at a TIME =ODAAT
remember quitter...one problem + nicotine = 2 problems.

cheers and welcome to the site of your life!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 09:48:00 AM »
Your Quit Group

I quit with with you all!

Offline Good_ol_boy

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 09:36:00 AM »
Not sure how to post that roll thing from my phone, but I'm at 25.5 hrs now
?Sit tall in the saddle; hold your head up high. Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky, and live like you ain't afraid to die. And don't be scared, just enjoy your ride.?

~ Chris LeDoux

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 09:21:00 AM »
You CAN do this!

We are all addicts here and we know where you are coming from.

One day at a time we are winning the battle.

Welcome to the forum, now go post roll!

Together, we can do this!
I quit with with you all!

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 08:05:00 AM »
Quote from: Phil16
Decide why you want to quit. Your WHY needs to be stronger than the LIE. Prepare your self for resistance. Look it in the eye, and kick its ass.

The good news is you're found the HOW. KTC will give u all the tools you need to build your quit rock solid one day at a time.
He already knows WHY. Deep down, he knows, or else he wouldn't be here.

Otherwise, I agree with Phil.

Offline Phil16

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 07:20:00 AM »
Decide why you want to quit. Your WHY needs to be stronger than the LIE. Prepare your self for resistance. Look it in the eye, and kick its ass.

The good news is you're found the HOW. KTC will give u all the tools you need to build your quit rock solid one day at a time.
"That's really tough man, but it doesn't sound like a very compelling reason to stick cancer in your face." j2b

Copenhagen, you have chosen the wrong home. Your death will be slow and painful.

Quit: 12/26/2012
HOF: 4/4/2013

Offline Felcie

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting fishing trapping,,,anything outdoors, Old Jeeps
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 06:55:00 AM »
Way to go GOB, it will suck for the next few days but will be sooo worth it to be free from the nic bitch!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 11:25:00 PM »
Quote from: Good_ol_boy
I sucked on one for roughly 5 mins before realizing I was just rationalizing, if I want to quit, I have to sack up and do it, not just keep crutchin along. So here I am!

You just hit it on the head right there bro! You maintain that attitude and you've got victory on your hands! Get on up to the "Welcome Center" link at he top of the page. Read, read, read! Learn how and why we post a roll call with a quit group. You will belong to the December group... that will be the month you hit your 100 day milestone. Glad your're here man... welcome to freedom.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 11:10:00 PM »
Welcome GOB! All the best to you as you start down this road. As you can already see from Ross  E here, the guys on this site are awesome  wil help any way they can. PM away if you need numbers for sure.

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 10:34:00 PM »
Quote from: Good_ol_boy
Hi, I've been dipping Cope wintergreen LC for 8 years, at least a tin a day, some times 2. As of 8 am today (8/27/13) I have officially quit!

I just turned 25, I have been wanting to quit for a good while now. My decision to quit for good happened a little over a week ago, the cashier gave me a tin of pouches instead of LC, I decided to see how long I could make them last. I was almost at 36 hours free Friday until I started drinking, and sure enough dippin away. I still had half a tin of pouches left this morning when I got to work, I sucked on one for roughly 5 mins before realizing I was just rationalizing, if I want to quit, I have to sack up and do it, not just keep crutchin along. So here I am!
GOB. Man what a wonderful day it is for you! I am sure today sucked and tomorrow is gonna be worse, but it is an exciting time in your life. YOU ARE TAKING YOUR FREEDOM BACK! There is a ton of support here and this site makes quitting more than possible, KTC makes caving hardly possible, if you drink the cool-aid and use the site the way it is intended. iiiiGo post roll!!!! It is the way we hold one another accountable. Roll is our promise not to dip, exchange numbers and build relationships so others will be looking for your ass if you go MIA or have issues you don't realize. Pay it backward and forward. Read read read read and then read more, start with the welcome center. Pm me if you need anything. Prod you decided to take you life back today and I will go through this with you, I will quit with you as hard as I can quit. Post Roll!
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline ross8yrs

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 10:33:00 PM »
Hello and welcome,

This is (as I'm sure you know) a nicotine free site. This is a great decision you've made. Welcome to the start of getting your life back.

Look on up to the "welcome center" and pay attention to the "post roll" it will be the foundation of your quit. It certainly has been a life saver for me during the tough times.

You CAN do this and we can help.

Wake up post roll (promise to not use nicotine for that day, today would be your day 1) and do it the next day. One day at a time (ODAAT, you will see that on this site a bunch).

I'm quit with you, don't hesitate to PM me or anyone on this site.

Ross
One day, sometimes one hour at a time.

NEVER give in

Quit Date: 6-21-2013

Offline Good_ol_boy

• Quitter
Been cutting back, finally quit
« on: August 27, 2013, 10:01:00 PM »
Hi, I've been dipping Cope wintergreen LC for 8 years, at least a tin a day, some times 2. As of 8 am today (8/27/13) I have officially quit!

I just turned 25, I have been wanting to quit for a good while now. My decision to quit for good happened a little over a week ago, the cashier gave me a tin of pouches instead of LC, I decided to see how long I could make them last. I was almost at 36 hours free Friday until I started drinking, and sure enough dippin away. I still had half a tin of pouches left this morning when I got to work, I sucked on one for roughly 5 mins before realizing I was just rationalizing, if I want to quit, I have to sack up and do it, not just keep crutchin along. So here I am!

~ Chris LeDoux