Author Topic: 10 years of a least a Can per day  (Read 4025 times)

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2037
Re: 10 years of a least a Can per day
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2016, 08:29:00 AM »
Quote from: KingNothing
Quote from: Sooner87
Quote from: tjschu
Quote from: Brown71
Day 81 and I am as angry as I was on day 2!!

I just want to walk up to someone and jack them in the face. Not really sure why or for what reason, besides the fact that I am straight up pissed the %$#@ off!!

Nicotine is one nasty drug, the withdrawal and healing for it has been and continues to be absolutely insane!!!
Just stay the course this too will pass. Beware of the 120s some folks have a return of the fog
You've been victorious over nicotine for 81 days and have been a help in quit for other quitters. Hold on to that.
I quit with you today.
Every one of us is behind you Brown. The rage came and went for me for most of a year. Probably around day 270 I started to get back to even keel a little more. This rage is nothing like you'd feel if you caved and got yourself cancer. You can do this big fella.
Yep these guys are right. Comes on quick, stealthily, and without warning. You'll get a few funks and rages along this journey. You're doing the right thing, posting what your going through and reaching out.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2016, 11:48:00 AM »
Quote from: Sooner87

I just want to walk up to someone and jack them in the face. Not really sure why or for what reason, besides the fact that I am straight up pissed the %$#@ off!!

Nicotine is one nasty drug, the withdrawal and healing for it has been and continues to be absolutely insane!!!
Just stay the course this too will pass. Beware of the 120s some folks have a return of the fog
You've been victorious over nicotine for 81 days and have been a help in quit for other quitters. Hold on to that.
I quit with you today.
Every one of us is behind you Brown. The rage came and went for me for most of a year. Probably around day 270 I started to get back to even keel a little more. This rage is nothing like you'd feel if you caved and got yourself cancer. You can do this big fella.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Sooner87

• Quitter
  • Boomer!
  • Quit Date: 6.20.2016
  • Interests: Family, Hiking, Basketball, Track and Field, anything Sooner related.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2016, 11:21:00 AM »

I quit with you today.

Offline Tjschu

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 388
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2016, 09:10:00 AM »

Offline Brown71

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-07-05
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2016, 07:09:00 AM »

Quit: July 5, 2016 @ 1:00 p.m. Eastern Standard
[/center][/center][/center][/center]
Change is not easy, you have to work for it everyday, all day, no matter what. I promise you though, embrace the change and positives will happen.

Anything is possible, given you want it bad enough...anything!

KTC Brother/Sisterhood Facebook Group

Offline Brown71

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2016, 04:42:00 PM »
Time for another trip into my head...I know it can be scary, but this time I want to voice out my answer to commonly asked questions for people who are thinking quit is something they want.

#1 why did you guys quit?

The ladies and gentlemen quit for about as many diverse reasons as there are people on KTC. I think this question is something fresh quit looks for as affirmation as to why they should quit.

#2 How did you know ithat was the right time?

This question is just as difficult to answer. When do I know it is time for me to take a piss? My body just told me. I was literally ashamed of it, I am ashamed that I wasted all that money, but I can change the future and learn from the past.

#3 What is the best way to quit?

Here we say that the only way is Cold Turkey, but yes there are other methods. My question to you is simple:

If you accidentally place your hand in a fire, are you going to slowly remove it? Or are you gonna yank it out of thevery flames and start treatment immediately? Seriously, slowing down is rarely that, and it is like pulling your hand out nice and slow. A real nice long slow burn, yeah you might not bang your burn on something, but shit the damage gets worse with every second. Seriously, each dip is another gum cell dead, another chance at cancer...

#4 How do you stay quit?

That is the simplest dang question to answer. I stay quit because my quit is important to me. I don't give a damn if another person cares, though it is nice, but I do this for me and solely me. My quit is for my health and my jaw, no yours. And yeah, maybe that is selfish, but I was selfish when I chewed too.

Brown 72
Change is not easy, you have to work for it everyday, all day, no matter what. I promise you though, embrace the change and positives will happen.

Offline Brown71

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2016, 06:24:00 PM »
WildIrish encouraged me to put this little statement I made during a convo in October 16 into my intro..so here it is. Hopefully I can read this soon and see exactly what he saw:

people hide behind dip. I know I did, holy hell did I hide behind dip. The difference between success and failure comes down to if you are ready to look at yourself (for real) in the mirror. Can you accept that you are an addict? Are you prepared for what is behind that mask, I can tell you that sometimes its not all sunshine and rainbows. For me, I have found and started to conquer other issues in my life. I don't have a choice, because if I want to be the best possible version of me, quitting dip was only part of this journey. I know many of us have realized that. Wether it is the amount of alcohol we are drinking, how we have treated loved ones, or something else. KTC, in the grand scheme of things, is only the start of a some level of transformation. Maybe you are getting into better shape, or whatever, but the willingness to change is what makes quitting possible, and when we are willing to change and stop dipping, a lot of us start to automatically make other changes.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 245
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2016, 11:07:00 PM »
Time is flying...It has been awhile since I wrote an update. I have had today marked as a day for my next update. Why you might ask? Because today I hit 50 days quit. No Nicotine, no chew.

These 50 days have been full of ups and downs. I have grown closer to my girlfriend, as she is finally opening up to completely understanding why still have some habits she doesn't like...for example, my need to spit, a lot, apparently. She has been supportive of my quit from day one, but never took the time to better understand my frame of mind.

I have thought long and hard as to why I quit, what are the reasons? Are they good enough? Will they keep me quit? Am I mentally strong enough to stay quit?

In the beginning, I think I started this as way to get others to like me more as a person, the funny thing is that it became about me almost immediately. I have become more aware of myself. I have become a happier person, and I take pride in my quit. I love the fact that I am becoming healthier physically. my quit has given me time which I have utilized in the gym and cooking healthier foods. I want my jaw, and tongue, and face. My quit has made me face the doctor finally, and I got another health issue resolved and I have seen imporvement from that. I am planning to schedule the dentist soon and I will push myself to go and finally get my teeth cleaned.

Learning how to deal with life has been the most difficult thing to do. My Uncle pasted away last week. His visitation is today and the funeral is tomorrow. I have struggled with the emotions, becuase I would have filled my jaw with that shit in the past. I would always tell myself the chew was to cope or to celebrate, but in reality, it was constant. I chewed nearly every minute of everyday for 10 years. It wasn't a reward or a thing I did when I was sad. I based my life around that fucking can, and I didn't realize it until I killed the can.

Nic will continue to be on my shoulder always looking to command my life, but for now, for me, I am controllling my life. and it starts everyday by posting my Promise.

TODAY I WILL NOT USE ANY FORM OF NICOTINE! ALL DAMN DAY!!

Brown 71

Day 50
You can keep doing this - you just have to want to. I will hit one year in a little more than a week and I did it by showing up every day and keeping my promise. There is no magic, there is only quit!

I quit with you today! Stranger999 356.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2016, 10:45:00 PM »
Time is flying...It has been awhile since I wrote an update. I have had today marked as a day for my next update. Why you might ask? Because today I hit 50 days quit. No Nicotine, no chew.

These 50 days have been full of ups and downs. I have grown closer to my girlfriend, as she is finally opening up to completely understanding why still have some habits she doesn't like...for example, my need to spit, a lot, apparently. She has been supportive of my quit from day one, but never took the time to better understand my frame of mind.

I have thought long and hard as to why I quit, what are the reasons? Are they good enough? Will they keep me quit? Am I mentally strong enough to stay quit?

In the beginning, I think I started this as way to get others to like me more as a person, the funny thing is that it became about me almost immediately. I have become more aware of myself. I have become a happier person, and I take pride in my quit. I love the fact that I am becoming healthier physically. my quit has given me time which I have utilized in the gym and cooking healthier foods. I want my jaw, and tongue, and face. My quit has made me face the doctor finally, and I got another health issue resolved and I have seen imporvement from that. I am planning to schedule the dentist soon and I will push myself to go and finally get my teeth cleaned.

Learning how to deal with life has been the most difficult thing to do. My Uncle pasted away last week. His visitation is today and the funeral is tomorrow. I have struggled with the emotions, becuase I would have filled my jaw with that shit in the past. I would always tell myself the chew was to cope or to celebrate, but in reality, it was constant. I chewed nearly every minute of everyday for 10 years. It wasn't a reward or a thing I did when I was sad. I based my life around that fucking can, and I didn't realize it until I killed the can.

Nic will continue to be on my shoulder always looking to command my life, but for now, for me, I am controllling my life. and it starts everyday by posting my Promise.

Brown 71

Day 50
You, my live chat buddy, are the real deal.
Your quit is strong, because you surround yourself in other quitters and help others start their own.
You've got your head right.
You don't make excuses.
You do understand your weaknesses, and that makes you strong!
Im proud to quit with you today Brownie.
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.

Offline Brown71

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2016, 09:41:00 AM »

Brown 71

Day 50

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2016, 08:29:00 PM »
Quote from: Nomore1959
Holy Cow...

Just like that...It's Day 31...Time is flying these days..

Everyday seems to be getting a little easier now that I am a full month removed from my last taste of nicotine. I still struggle at times, and have to watch out for the cravings. Though the cravings seem to be easier to get through, they can come at strange times. Thankfully, due to support from the girlfiriend and others, I still get to enjoy things like alcohol (in moderation). I never thought that I would have the level of support off the site that I do, but friends and family alike have really helped me on this journey.

In the end though, it is the men and women on this site that are really saving my life. Friends and family who never used or haven't quit chew do not and can not understand what I feel. I am surrounded with support here that has done this before, during, or after I have gone through each day of my quit. It is the guys and gals like Dipbegone, Candoit, Cuse, Brocolli, Edward, Pky..to name a few, who help me and guide me through each struggle. I now find my quit becoming even stronger as I pass on the knowledge I have gained and will gain.

Becoming active in this site is and will remain the single most important thing that helped me quit chew...

I quit with you,

Brown

Day 31
You're rounding into a bad ass quitter and bad ass leader Brown. Keep it up. You wouldn't believe me if I tried to explain how much better it gets. You've got the plan locked in, now it's just execution ODAAT
Listen to the king! Yes one month is bad ass, and it keeps getting better!
1 month is sooo great brown! way to go, keep it up, stay connected!

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2016, 06:22:00 AM »
Holy Cow...

Everyday seems to be getting a little easier now that I am a full month removed from my last taste of nicotine. I still struggle at times, and have to watch out for the cravings. Though the cravings seem to be easier to get through, they can come at strange times. Thankfully, due to support from the girlfiriend and others, I still get to enjoy things like alcohol (in moderation). I never thought that I would have the level of support off the site that I do, but friends and family alike have really helped me on this journey.

In the end though, it is the men and women on this site that are really saving my life. Friends and family who never used or haven't quit chew do not and can not understand what I feel. I am surrounded with support here that has done this before, during, or after I have gone through each day of my quit. It is the guys and gals like Dipbegone, Candoit, Cuse, Brocolli, Edward, Pky..to name a few, who help me and guide me through each struggle. I now find my quit becoming even stronger as I pass on the knowledge I have gained and will gain.

Becoming active in this site is and will remain the single most important thing that helped me quit chew...

I quit with you,

Brown

Day 31
You're rounding into a bad ass quitter and bad ass leader Brown. Keep it up. You wouldn't believe me if I tried to explain how much better it gets. You've got the plan locked in, now it's just execution ODAAT
Listen to the king! Yes one month is bad ass, and it keeps getting better!

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2016, 11:51:00 PM »
Holy Cow...

I quit with you,

Brown

Day 31
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Brown71

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2016, 07:37:00 AM »
Holy Cow...

I quit with you,

Brown

Day 31

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2016, 07:16:00 PM »
Been 22 days without the dirt in my lip now...

My oh my has the world changed...

Now that most of my everyday symptoms have lifted, things are becoming easier everyday. The interesting part in how vivid certain things are now. I can smell and taste far greater than I have in a long time. it is weird at times. Unfortunately, i have gained 14 lbs in 22 days, but I will start to correct that tonight when I make up some fresh healthy options for food and start to limit my intake again. My personality has seen positive changes also, as I don't get so angry for no reason (really it was my brain demanding nic).

I am enjoying my freedom of not needing to organize things around a stupid fucking can. I can go places and do things without needing a spitter or worrying about being caught.

Stay true, stay quit...one day at a time I take my life back!
The world certainly has changed! You're seeing things through a new perspective and your brain will have to rewire itself to the new conditions.

Don't get discouraged if things all of a sudden stop getting easier. I hope that things just keep going up, but in reality, you'll probably have a setback or two. Just keep working on your quit tools and realize that you can get through it in good times and bad.

For the weight gain - if snacking relentlessly is keeping your cravings at bay, keep doing it, just try using healthy snacks like carrots instead of chips. Also try to incorporate exercise as one of your methods of fighting off cravings.

Keep at it!