Author Topic: Introduction - Idaho Spuds  (Read 17133 times)

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 01-31-2017
  • Likes Given: 574
Re: Introduction - Idaho Spuds
« Reply #169 on: February 09, 2020, 07:15:20 PM »
2/7/2020 Idaho Spuds - 2,000 days quit

A good milestone!  Just the other day, riding the chairlift skiing, someone had dropped a flask on a tough black diamond, nope wouldn't think about going down to get it.  A little further up a couple of cans in the snow...  I am not sure if that is what caused it but at almost 2,000 days quit I had a dip dream.  Someone offered me a pouch, I took it and put it in the front pocket of my shirt.  WTF...

It is good to be quit, I will stay that way.
Thanks again for KTC and everyone here
That's awesome Mr. Spuds! Congrats.
Congrats on that doubled up comma brother!
I never knew I was so fond of potatoes! Thanks for sticking around and giving us all eye strain!
Congratulations on 2 commas bud!  Keep kicking ass!
To remain quit requires focus
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2020, 06:40:39 AM »

A good milestone!  Just the other day, riding the chairlift skiing, someone had dropped a flask on a tough black diamond, nope wouldn't think about going down to get it.  A little further up a couple of cans in the snow...  I am not sure if that is what caused it but at almost 2,000 days quit I had a dip dream.  Someone offered me a pouch, I took it and put it in the front pocket of my shirt.  WTF...

I never knew I was so fond of potatoes! Thanks for sticking around and giving us all eye strain!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #167 on: February 08, 2020, 06:03:16 PM »

ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2034
« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2020, 12:18:07 PM »

July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #165 on: February 07, 2020, 04:32:24 PM »

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #164 on: August 19, 2019, 07:34:32 AM »
Outstanding Idaho.  Lots of hard work and determination to stay quit.  'hand clap'  Life indeed is tough.  Love the fact you are
enjoying the good without Nic and enduring the bad knowing Nic will not make it better

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
« Reply #163 on: August 16, 2019, 12:41:08 PM »
8/16/19 - 1825 Idaho Spuds
In two days, I will be 5years years quit. Things that have happened during this time:

*Bought a new house, no chew cans stashed anywhere
*Bought a new truck - no chew grains in the floor or dashboard
*Got a promotion
*Moved office buildings
*Golfed, fished, hunted, all without chew
*Boys are 5 years older, almost 8 and 10, they have never seen me chew
*Took some amazing vacations to Yellowstone, Hawaii, California, Wisconson, New Orleans
*My only aunt died of cancer
*My dad passed away
*My sister got married
*Buried family pets
*I ruptured my Achilles tendon
*I got fat, I got in shape

If anyone reads this, you can quit and stay quit.  And life will throw all kinds of shit in your way but chew won't make it better. 
All the fun things (golf, hunting, fishing, etc) are better without chew.  Each visit I tell the dentist I am still quit. 
I am looking forward to filling out the next medical questionnaire and when it asks if I have smoked or chewed in the past 5 years, Absolutely Not!

Well enough patting myself on the back, thanks to everyone for your support I couldn't have done it without NOV 2014, my fellow quitters and KTC.
Tomorrow will just be another day free of chew and nicotine, see you around KTC
Idaho Spuds

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
« Reply #162 on: June 06, 2018, 11:59:00 AM »
Quote from: JB65
Quote from: Idaho
Quote from: JGlav
Idaho Spuds - 1387 6/4/18

So May is a terrible month, my aunt died a few years ago in May-June 2016, in 2017 my dad died in mid-May. The first anniversary of my Dad's death was tough and then a week later, I had to go help my mom put down her dog.
Then May 5/31 to top it all off, I tore my Achilles tendon (in a stupid golf cart accident due to my friend's terrible driving) let's just say that I feel like crawling into a deep dark hole of depression...

but what good would that do, still quit 'Finger' chew and 'Finger' the month of May
Hope things look up for you soon. Glad you know Nic won't make any of that better. Stay quit my man! We're here for you.
Thanks JGlav
Amen to that Jglav. This is the place for you Idaho.

I lost my dad in April, its been a tough go at it. Nic = another problem as you know, glad we both have this place, glad we ALL have this place and the support herein
Quitting with you brother. ❤
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2018, 09:11:00 AM »

So May is a terrible month, my aunt died a few years ago in May-June 2016, in 2017 my dad died in mid-May. The first anniversary of my Dad's death was tough and then a week later, I had to go help my mom put down her dog.
Then May 5/31 to top it all off, I tore my Achilles tendon (in a stupid golf cart accident due to my friend's terrible driving) let's just say that I feel like crawling into a deep dark hole of depression...

but what good would that do, still quit 'Finger' chew and 'Finger' the month of May
Hope things look up for you soon. Glad you know Nic won't make any of that better. Stay quit my man! We're here for you.
Thanks JGlav
Amen to that Jglav. This is the place for you Idaho.

I lost my dad in April, its been a tough go at it. Nic = another problem as you know, glad we both have this place, glad we ALL have this place and the support herein

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
« Reply #160 on: June 05, 2018, 11:34:00 AM »

Thanks JGlav

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #159 on: June 05, 2018, 08:40:00 AM »

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
« Reply #158 on: June 04, 2018, 02:40:00 PM »

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
« Reply #157 on: January 31, 2018, 03:04:00 PM »
Idaho Spuds - 1,263 (1/31/18)
Quit is good, traveling and thought about chew a couple times, but no way.

Holidays were rough without my dad but at least it is a new year.

Gearing up for tax season, need to lose some weight and get back into shape. Lost 20 lbs last tax season, but gained it all back since then.

Completing a health assessment for my new health insurance, got to the old chewing tobacco question, excited to say no... the options were, yes, quit or no. Opted for the quit option, next one; how long quit 5 or 5 years, less than 5, check.... humbling questionnaire, I will keep posting those 1+

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #156 on: December 07, 2017, 03:43:00 PM »
Mr Spuds
'Birthday' !!!!

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #155 on: November 02, 2017, 11:40:00 PM »
Whoa, where did October go? We had two staff quit at our company, have to find new folks, train and teach them... some people are bummed but what can you do, the only thing that is constant is change and KTC.

At over 3years quit, I thought about chew the other day, weird right... haha what a SOB. not today, and see you tomorrow.

ID Spuds 1173
Thanks for this - I am over 2 years quit and it reminds me again not to get complacent. One day at a time but get here to post roll every damn day. This is the formula for freedom. I like being free more than I like your avatars (but it is close). ;)