Author Topic: Intro - Macklin00  (Read 2097 times)

Offline Chisler2120

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: February 1, 2020
  • Interests: Playing banjo, Bowhunting, Flyfishing, Grandkids
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Intro - Macklin00
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 02:30:05 PM »
Hello All,

I have dipped Copenhagen snuff for 24 years and I need to quit. I have tried to quit before, but I need to be successful in my quit for my wife, my daughter, and most of all myself.

I need to quit for my wife as she has recently lost both of her parents to cancer and is afraid of the same fate for me.

I need to quit for my daughter, 10 years old, to represent for her what a man should be and not have any distraction as a Christian father.

I need to quit for myself for my health, that I can be there for my wife and daughter. I need to quit for myself that I am not constantly consumed by planning when I will have my next dip and trying to constantly work it into my schedule and planning my life around this addiction. I need to quit for myself that I can conquer my greatest demon.

I am on day 2 of my quit and it is not easy. The cravings are real. I have appreciated those who have already reached out and voiced their support. With your support, and my families’, I will successfully quit nicotine.

Matt

Congratulations Matt.  Your wife and daughter are lucky that you care enough about them and yourself to quit chewing.  Congrats on almost being through day 2 of your life long quit.  You can do this!!  Make sure you brag about your little victories, every day.   I'm just a week ahead of you and I know you can do it.
Chisler

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2015
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 02:23:41 PM »
Hello All,

I have dipped Copenhagen snuff for 24 years and I need to quit. I have tried to quit before, but I need to be successful in my quit for my wife, my daughter, and most of all myself.

I need to quit for my wife as she has recently lost both of her parents to cancer and is afraid of the same fate for me.

I need to quit for my daughter, 10 years old, to represent for her what a man should be and not have any distraction as a Christian father.

I need to quit for myself for my health, that I can be there for my wife and daughter. I need to quit for myself that I am not constantly consumed by planning when I will have my next dip and trying to constantly work it into my schedule and planning my life around this addiction. I need to quit for myself that I can conquer my greatest demon.

I am on day 2 of my quit and it is not easy. The cravings are real. I have appreciated those who have already reached out and voiced their support. With your support, and my families’, I will successfully quit nicotine.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Congratulations on your decision to get control of your addiction.  I saw that you posted roll yesterday and today.  The process is simple but hard to execute:

1. Wake Up
2. Piss (or pee for the sensitive people)
3. Post your promise to abstain from nicotine for the next 24 hours
4. Keep Your Word!!!
5. Repeat Daily

Simple, right?  Well, unfortunately our addict brains will do everything in it's power to make us cave to crave.  We have to be stronger than our addiction, which everyone of us can be.  It will suck, I won't lie.  But it won't suck forever.  Soon the suck will be less and you will start to feel better.  Eventually, you will have more better days than bad days.  I can tell you, that after 754 days in a row of quitting, I rarely have any kind of cravings and if I do, they are like a fart in the wind.

Find what works for you as a substitute for the oral fixation, I used seeds.  A lot of guys like the fake the dip (no tobacco and no nicotine).  Start making new, better habits in place of when you would usually dip to break the cycle your triggers.  Abstain from alcohol for a while if you do drink at all. 

Stay vigilante and do not get complacent. Drink lots of water and do some exercise.

PM me for digits if want extra accountability.

Proud to quit with you,

Chris
@Macklin00 Chris is spot on. Check your messages as fellow quitters will be reaching out to you. Exchanging numbers is normal but only through private messages, never on the forum or in the Intro section. Those relationships are huge. Quality or quantity. Connect with some fellow quitters in May as well as some vets. Shoot me a message if you want to exchange digits.
Jan19

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 12:01:14 PM »
Hello All,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Congratulations on your decision to get control of your addiction.  I saw that you posted roll yesterday and today.  The process is simple but hard to execute:

1. Wake Up
2. Piss (or pee for the sensitive people)
3. Post your promise to abstain from nicotine for the next 24 hours
4. Keep Your Word!!!
5. Repeat Daily

Simple, right?  Well, unfortunately our addict brains will do everything in it's power to make us cave to crave.  We have to be stronger than our addiction, which everyone of us can be.  It will suck, I won't lie.  But it won't suck forever.  Soon the suck will be less and you will start to feel better.  Eventually, you will have more better days than bad days.  I can tell you, that after 754 days in a row of quitting, I rarely have any kind of cravings and if I do, they are like a fart in the wind.

Find what works for you as a substitute for the oral fixation, I used seeds.  A lot of guys like the fake the dip (no tobacco and no nicotine).  Start making new, better habits in place of when you would usually dip to break the cycle your triggers.  Abstain from alcohol for a while if you do drink at all. 

Stay vigilante and do not get complacent. Drink lots of water and do some exercise.

PM me for digits if want extra accountability.

Proud to quit with you,

Chris
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Macklin00

• Quitter
  • Quit Date - 2/9/20
  • Likes Given: 0
Intro - Macklin00
« on: February 10, 2020, 11:46:56 AM »
Hello All,

Matt
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 11:48:33 AM by Macklin00 »