Author Topic: Introduction - Idaho Spuds  (Read 17603 times)

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
Re: Introduction - Idaho Spuds
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 04:20:00 PM »
jlud007 and CaliforniaSlim,
Thanks for the messages and support.
I just posted my first roll call, so I am getting the hang of the community.
The wife it out of town so a lot of room for chewing temptation.
Strength
CW - Idaho Spuds

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 04:11:00 PM »
Quote from: jlud007
Quote from: Idaho
Hello everyone,
Thanks for starting a forum to support quitting chewing.

I am 32years old and I have been chewing off and on (more one than off) for 15 years.

I played college athletics, I have two degrees and a CPA license but those were all easy compared to quiting chewing.

I have a great wife and family, my wife knows I used to chew, I have told her I quit but I have been still chewing, at work, in the car etc.

I am ready to quit, I am scared that I am too late but I need to try for my boys.

I haven't chewed since Sunday 9/22/13, gum and mints help a lot.    But I usually can quit for a while before convincing myself just one more chew or can.  But no more.

Thanks for your positive thoughts, each day is the first day of the rest of your life.

Charles AKA Idaho Spuds
Welcome Spuds!

Congratulations by my count your on Day 6 then and your out of the physical withdrawal stage which is a great accomplishment.

Check out the welcome center link at the top of the page and then post roll with the December 2013 Pre-HOF group. Posting roll is our daily promise to each other not to use nicotine today. That's how we roll here, keep our word and hold one another accountable.

Welcome to freedom brother!
I see you posted roll. Nice job. Congrats on a great decision. This place has the tools to keep a man quit, so drink the kool-aid and dive in.
Read Read Read.. read intros, HOF speeches, words of wisdom. Everything on this site.
Get numbers of your fellow quitters. IF you need one, or want another, pm me and I am happy to give you mine.
Welcome to your new nic-free life.

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 02:58:00 PM »
Quote from: Idaho
Hello everyone,

I am 32years old and I have been chewing off and on (more one than off) for 15 years.

I played college athletics, I have two degrees and a CPA license but those were all easy compared to quiting chewing.

I have a great wife and family, my wife knows I used to chew, I have told her I quit but I have been still chewing, at work, in the car etc.

I am ready to quit, I am scared that I am too late but I need to try for my boys.

I haven't chewed since Sunday 9/22/13, gum and mints help a lot. But I usually can quit for a while before convincing myself just one more chew or can. But no more.

Thanks for your positive thoughts, each day is the first day of the rest of your life.

Charles AKA Idaho Spuds
Welcome Spuds!

Congratulations by my count your on Day 6 then and your out of the physical withdrawal stage which is a great accomplishment.

Check out the welcome center link at the top of the page and then post roll with the December 2013 Pre-HOF group. Posting roll is our daily promise to each other not to use nicotine today. That's how we roll here, keep our word and hold one another accountable.

Welcome to freedom brother!

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
Introduction - Idaho Spuds
« on: September 27, 2013, 02:52:00 PM »
Hello everyone,

I haven't chewed since Sunday 9/22/13, gum and mints help a lot. But I usually can quit for a while before convincing myself just one more chew or can. But no more.

Charles AKA Idaho Spuds