Author Topic: Uh... My name is John and I am an addict  (Read 11903 times)

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Uh... My name is John and I am an addict
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 11:29:00 PM »
Dude....Thanks for sharing.
And noticed you posted in July.
Never too late to hook up with KTC.

One thing we do require.
Posting roll EVERY morning.
It's good for you and for us.

CONGRATS on your quit.
I believe.....

Offline JohnSmallberries

• Wizard of Quit
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Every text is personal, if you just believe.
  • Quit Date: April 4, 2015
  • Interests: My beautiful daughter- smart and funny and happy and pretty and still loves me.My '97 HD Lowrider...cold-hearted bitch. I quit on April 5th, 2015. Chewed Copenhagen for 40 years.I'm a lucky and grateful SOB.
  • Likes Given: 110
Uh... My name is John and I am an addict
« on: July 11, 2015, 11:40:00 AM »
i just wanted to say what's up to all y'all quitters!
I quit on Easter, April 5th 2015. I've tried to quit numerous times over the last forty Copenhagen soaked years, and it's always been a brutal failure. Everyday was the fight, and I was weak. This time, I kinda went easy and didn't try to beat it. I'm kind of floating and calm. No numbers. No pressure. No over-thinking my quit. I did patches and gum for about two weeks and got fed up with that. It was kind of nonsense.
I was a huge doubter of AzAshline, but I gotta say having someone to talk to about the addiction is key. Say it out loud to someone else- it kinda breaks the spell. Celebrating my small achievement of 100 days on the 13th of July!
I am fortunate and grateful, for sure. That's all I got.
“There's an important phrase that we use here, and think it's time that you all learned it. Act as if. You understand what that means? Act as if you are the fucking President of this firm. Act as if you got a 9" cock. Okay? Act as if.”

“That’s what I love about these fresh new quitters, man. I get older, they stay the same age.”

“I hold a beast, an angel and a madman in me, and my enquiry is as to their working, and my problem is their subjugation and victory, downthrow and upheaval, and my effort is their self-expression.”