Author Topic: Ready to be done  (Read 2047 times)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
Re: Ready to be done
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2019, 04:19:46 PM »
And just like that here comes 600.... damn proud of you Travis, thanks for showing us the way!!!!
reverent excrement! 600 days with nary a comment along the way - this simply will not do.
Going to have to start log jamming your intro my brother! If April '18 had a battle flag you would no doubt be bearing the colors.
Well done Sir, well done!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 975
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2019, 12:15:52 PM »
And just like that here comes 600.... damn proud of you Travis, thanks for showing us the way!!!!
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 12:35:12 PM »
500 brother man.... so awesome to roll with you, cheers to the next milestone!!!!

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2018, 07:17:00 PM »
Poof

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 10:22:00 AM »
Getting close to un chartered quit waters.....never been past 7 months in 30 years....222 qlf

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 07:04:00 PM »
Double WUPP time for 200, proud to be quit wit u

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 09:04:00 PM »
LUQITSOILYB!

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 03:06:00 PM »
Sorry I'm late, congrats my brother on the 2nd floor.

Proud as hell to quit with you today and EDD!!!!!

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 06:40:00 AM »
Saw your text and call yesterday. Sorry I missed you, the darn phone was still on silent from church. Really great to have a dedicated quitter like you in the group.
Looks like each month has some folks that are the mortar for the bricks in our wall of quit. You are certainly in that group. Sure am glad we're in the same group.
see you in the hall
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline mike2017a

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11-5-2017
  • Interests: Chicago sports, college football and basketball, quitting
  • Likes Given: 139
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 03:17:00 PM »
You have made a wise choice joining up and quitting. I recommend reading up all over the site as much as you can, that was a great help in getting me through the very early days. There is a wealth of quit knowledge, relatable problems and solutions, and inspiring stories in these pages.

Offline CritRocket

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12/26/17
  • Likes Given: 51
Ready to be done
« on: December 28, 2017, 02:11:00 PM »
I've been chewing Copenhagen for almost 20 years now and I'm ready to be done. I'm tired of being scared every time I feel a little sore in my mouth. I'm tried of arguing with myself about when/if I'll get cancer (a nicotine addled brain can sure come up with some fuzzy logic). I'm tried of chew dictating a large portion of my lifestyle. I'm ready to quit.

This isn't the first time I've felt this way. I've had a lot of practice "quitting", but this is the first time I've reached out for support. The outreach here is nice and I feel like it's going to make the difference this time.

I quit Christmas day at 8:00 AM and have physically been in the shit since (today is better). Mentally, my state of mind has been great. I have confidence that this is the solution for me and I've started getting excited about what it means to live a chew-free life.

However, I know it's not going to be easy (The first week of stopping has always been easier than the second for me). I haven't made it much further than a few weeks in the past. I'm sure I'll be leaning on the community more and more as I get in to uncharted territory, but for now, this feels awesome!