Author Topic: Day 1  (Read 1546 times)

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: Day 1
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 09:21:45 PM »
ForGood,

Keep in mind that all those people you used to dip with, would absolutely love to be fee to walk away from it.  You have done this.  This is the only way.  You have to quit every day.  I've quit every day for 1270 days.  I'm free!!!  It feels great.  I can walk into a room where people are dipping and spitting, and I feel sorry for them.  I have no desire to join them in their disgusting activity.  I am free!!

You are going to go through some shite.  Spend some time reading my introduction.  (That's a link.  Click it.)  It will give you some idea what you will face.  You are up to it.  I'm up to it, and I'm a weak pussy.
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Offline Zeus

• Quitman
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 03-08-2017
  • Likes Given: 430
Re: Day 1
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 09:12:24 PM »
Welcome, ForGood.

I noticed that you posted roll call this morning. Welcome. Posting roll call is the single most important thing you can do for your quit. It is the bedrock of the equation:  Brotherhood + Accountability = Success.

Make your promise, as early as possible. Every day. Be a man of your word. Take the nicotine option off the table for the rest of the day.  Keep your word. There are an infinite number of things we can do besides use nicotine in any situation. We build a network of support and reach out to them instead of reaching out for a can. Use PMs and get to know some people. Exchange phone numbers with other quitters and fellow group members for mutual support.

Quote from: ForGood
How do I keep my guard up in these weak moments?
If you have made your promise, and have shut the door on nicotine, and use your contacts if you need to, you won't have weak moments. Weak moments are only excuses to use. We are done with excuses.

Meanwhile, there's nothing wrong with going easy on the alcohol for a little while. Alcohol clouds our judgement and sometimes makes us do stupid stuff. Cutting down on alcohol diminishes or eliminates many artificial weak moments.

Keep posting and keep making that promise. Build a network of support. Quit like your life depends on it. Do these things and you will succeed.

-Zeus, 893 Days of Freedom.
June 2017 Quit Mafia

Offline ForGood

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 4
Day 1
« on: August 17, 2019, 04:20:18 PM »
Hey guys,

I started chewing when I was about 18. Couple buddies in the wrestling team told me it was a good way to keep your mind off of cutting weight. Getting into college I was dipping about a tin a day and one day I decided I was done. Sick of spending all of that money and getting even poorer than I already was. I didn’t chew for probably 3 years. Felt great, one of the best decision I’ve ever made.

After about 3 years, every know and then when I’d be boozing with my buddies I’d take a chew. Thinking I’ll never get addicted again. I thought I conquered that shit. But as you would guess, it progressively got worse.

I’ve got a question for all of you vets that have been in the trenches and beat your cravings when your at your most vulnerable to crack. Every Wednesday night my buddies and I meet up and shoot the shit around a fire. This is the place where I crave the most to have that goose turd in my lip. I’ve been buddies with these guys since I was a young kid, so I’m not just going to stop hanging out with them even though most of them dip. I’m sure there’s tons of guys and girls on here who have quit and they work some kind of job where everywhere they look there’s someone spittin brown. How do I keep my guard up in these weak moments?

It’s true what they say on here, that nicotine’s a ruthless bitch and now I know. I really am an addict for life and I never want to go back.

Thanks for the support my friends,

ForGood