Author Topic: Day 4 down. Hoping to keep it going.  (Read 1742 times)

Offline AWright2262

• Quitter
  • Afghan Vet 16-17
  • Quit Date: 1-22-2019
  • Likes Given: 86
Re: Day 4 down. Hoping to keep it going.
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 06:08:16 AM »
We've all been in your shoes brother each and every one of us has taken the same plunge and WUPP every day.

Congrats for making this decision.  Keep on fighting the good stay active and a stay alert.
QD 1-22-2019. HOF 5-1-2019.  1st floor

"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. “

-Lt. Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try."

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Zeus

• Quitman
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 03-08-2017
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 12:02:21 PM »

Quote from: NWPilot
I posted in the quit group. I’m not hoping. I’m taking it head on and kicking the addictions ass.

Congrats! That's the way to do it!

Quote from: NWPilot
But I’m happy to be going full strength into this

Full strength is the only way to beat this addiction. Those who give it less than 100% go back to the can sooner or later (usually sooner).

June 2017 Quit Mafia

Offline NWpilot

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 10:11:56 AM »
Thanks. I posted in the quit group. I’m not hoping. I’m taking it head on and kicking the addictions ass. Thanks for the support

Offline Zeus

• Quitman
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 03-08-2017
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 09:55:35 PM »
Welcome NWPilot.

I concur with wildirish. Take hope out of the picture. You have 100% control whether nicotine goes in your body again or not. There is no good reason to ingest nicotine, period. You are an addict, so you will have withdrawals if you don't have it. Not only that, nicotine addiction wires the brain so that you can't feel normal without the poisonous crap. Now your brain has to go through a long process of re-wiring itself before you start to feel normal again. Ingesting any amount of nicotine just resets the whole process. That's why we can't have just one. Embrace the suck--through it you are building a new normal. It's going to suck up until day 10 -14 and then the fog starts to clear and the cravings hit less and less often.

I encourage you to make it real, not hoping,  by holding yourself accountable. Start posting daily roll call with a quit group whereby you make a promise to yourself and us that you will not use nicotine for the rest of the day. We quit one day at time...or down to the hour (or minute) if need be.  By posting your daily promise with a quit group, you'll also have the support of your group mates who are going through similar challenges and symptoms, plus there are many thousands of years of quit experience from vets. It sure beats quitting alone, which most of us tried and tried, and failed and failed. Do it the KTC way and you will not fail.

The November '19 HOF Group (named for the month when you will reach 100 days in a row of being quit) is linked right here:
https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=15766.0

June 2017 Quit Mafia

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 08:59:25 PM »
Great job on getting through 4 days!!!! 

Hope is a strange thing when quitting this shite.  We don't depend on hope.  We take an active roll.  It's a system.

Post a promise every morning, first thing, that you will not use nicotine today.  I've been doing this for 1270 days now.  It works.

My hope has ebbed and waned, but I've kept with this system.  It works.
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Offline NWpilot

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 5
Day 4 down. Hoping to keep it going.
« on: August 17, 2019, 07:50:26 PM »
Finishing up day 4 of no more chew. Day one was hell. Don’t even remember most of that day. The next days have been tuff, but I have been able to power through them. Just trying to take it one thing at a time and can’t wait till one week gets here followed by week 2. Cause I don’t know if I can keep up the functioning adult part with all the cravings and that fog thing that happens. The continuous spacing out and not being able to concentrate is getting really old.

But I’m happy to be going full strength into this and hope it works out.