Author Topic: Today is two weeks  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Dipper Dan Man

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 34
Re: Today is two weeks
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2019, 03:20:54 PM »
Welcome Dipper Dan Man,

Keep trying to get on roll call. You'll get the hang of it in short order.  You can even hit the reply button at the top of the page. Doing so will give you a clear empty box to type in. Give your name, day count, and promise to stay quit today and someone will pick you up and put you on the roll call sheet.

Yes, everybody knows what you mean by wishing everybody luck, but it's all part of the process of changing our minds how we think about quitting. Many guests read these introductions feeling like they have no control over the situation. A couple subtle differences change the power perspective.
On their journey man....on their journey.

Thanks for the welcome!!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 03:27:26 PM by Dipper Dan Man »

Offline Zeus

• Quitman
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 03-08-2017
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 05:35:30 PM »
Welcome Dipper Dan Man,

Keep trying to get on roll call. You'll get the hang of it in short order.  You can even hit the reply button at the top of the page. Doing so will give you a clear empty box to type in. Give your name, day count, and promise to stay quit today and someone will pick you up and put you on the roll call sheet.

Yes, everybody knows what you mean by wishing everybody luck, but it's all part of the process of changing our minds how we think about quitting. Many guests read these introductions feeling like they have no control over the situation. A couple subtle differences change the power perspective.

June 2017 Quit Mafia

Offline Dipper Dan Man

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 04:55:26 PM »
Been dipping for roughly 30 years. Had no idea that there were so many people doing the same shameful crap I was doing until I read some of the posts in these forums ( hiding it from my family, avoiding or disappearing from social situations so I could dip ).

I'm in a band and I'm a cop in Florida. There was nothing I enjoyed more than throwing in  a big old dip ( Skoal Berry Blend was my poison ) and playing my guitar if at home or getting caught up on reports if at work. I would take a dip before every shower, driving into work, before starting yardwork, cleaning the pool etc....just always an excuse to use. 

This crap was costing me 7 bucks per day and I was alienating myself from my kids ( age 11, 10 and 5 ) so I could sneak off and bust a dip. That's just horrible that I was paying somebody to sell me poison to put in my mouth that not only took me away from my family short term but had the potential to do it long term.

Threw my can away 2 weeks ago and it has been a whole lot easier than I thought. Had a "man a dip would feel nice now" feeling here and there but I find if I eat something it goes away. I also occasionally use "Grinds" which I highly recommend.

Good too read you guys stories and best of luck to everybody here on our journey.

Hi Dan,

Like you I chewed for over 30 years and was up to 3 cans a day when I quit.  I appreciate the sentiment of you wishing everyone luck, however, there is no luck involved here.  You are either quit or you are not and the choice is all yours.  I'm glad it has been easier than you though it would be but I'm betting you are going to have some tough times ahead.

The price of admission for this site is you posting your promise every morning that will not use any nicotine products for the whole day.  This is called posting roll which I am sure you are familiar with being a police officer.  Your group for posting roll is the November 2019 Quit Group.  This is the month that everyone in your group will hit 100 days nicotine free.

Go there and post your promise to remain nicotine free for the next 24 hours, come back again tomorrow morning and repeat the process.  We quit One Day at a Time (ODAAT) and we Wake, Up, Piss and Post (WUPP) roll Every Damn Day (EDD).

Two weeks on your own is pretty bad ass.  Keep going in this direction, start posting roll and exchange phone numbers with other quitters from your group and some of the vets.  The phone numbers are your life line for when the shit really gets bad, they give you instant access to support when you need it most, so use those numbers.  They are also the cornerstone of building your wall of accountability and brotherhood.

Accountability + Brotherhood = Success

Proud to quit with you today,

Chris

Seems pretty complicated and not sure I did it right, can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Yeah, sorry about the "luck" thing, how about we have a little grace and forgiveness for the new guy in these situations? I think everybody knows what I meant by wishing everybody good luck.

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 11:04:04 AM »
Been dipping for roughly 30 years. Had no idea that there were so many people doing the same shameful crap I was doing until I read some of the posts in these forums ( hiding it from my family, avoiding or disappearing from social situations so I could dip ).

I'm in a band and I'm a cop in Florida. There was nothing I enjoyed more than throwing in  a big old dip ( Skoal Berry Blend was my poison ) and playing my guitar if at home or getting caught up on reports if at work. I would take a dip before every shower, driving into work, before starting yardwork, cleaning the pool etc....just always an excuse to use. 

This crap was costing me 7 bucks per day and I was alienating myself from my kids ( age 11, 10 and 5 ) so I could sneak off and bust a dip. That's just horrible that I was paying somebody to sell me poison to put in my mouth that not only took me away from my family short term but had the potential to do it long term.

Threw my can away 2 weeks ago and it has been a whole lot easier than I thought. Had a "man a dip would feel nice now" feeling here and there but I find if I eat something it goes away. I also occasionally use "Grinds" which I highly recommend.

Good too read you guys stories and best of luck to everybody here on our journey.

Hi Dan,

Like you I chewed for over 30 years and was up to 3 cans a day when I quit.  I appreciate the sentiment of you wishing everyone luck, however, there is no luck involved here.  You are either quit or you are not and the choice is all yours.  I'm glad it has been easier than you though it would be but I'm betting you are going to have some tough times ahead.

The price of admission for this site is you posting your promise every morning that will not use any nicotine products for the whole day.  This is called posting roll which I am sure you are familiar with being a police officer.  Your group for posting roll is the November 2019 Quit Group.  This is the month that everyone in your group will hit 100 days nicotine free.

Go there and post your promise to remain nicotine free for the next 24 hours, come back again tomorrow morning and repeat the process.  We quit One Day at a Time (ODAAT) and we Wake, Up, Piss and Post (WUPP) roll Every Damn Day (EDD).

Two weeks on your own is pretty bad ass.  Keep going in this direction, start posting roll and exchange phone numbers with other quitters from your group and some of the vets.  The phone numbers are your life line for when the shit really gets bad, they give you instant access to support when you need it most, so use those numbers.  They are also the cornerstone of building your wall of accountability and brotherhood.

Accountability + Brotherhood = Success

Proud to quit with you today,

Chris
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Dipper Dan Man

• Quitter
Today is two weeks
« on: August 21, 2019, 10:34:55 AM »