Author Topic: Gumby on day 4  (Read 1954 times)

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
Re: Gumby on day 4
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 03:59:36 PM »
Hey @cruxclimber20 .  Just wanted to reach out and give you props for what you are doing in April and across the boards.  A leadership role is taxing but will pay dividends for YOUR quit in the long run.  Keep it going man.  Proud and grateful to be quit with you today my friend.

~HAG

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Just a squirrel trying to get a nut
  • Quit Date: 1-4-19
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Hunting, Hiking, Hanging with the family
  • Likes Given: 2427
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 08:56:16 PM »
Welcome aboard crux! Or is it Gumby damnit! I will tell you yes, nicotine has had an effect on my health as well. Anxiety, blood pressure, cholesterol, 37 and I feel like I'm 70. But it does get better. Especially without the nic bitch in our lives. These guys below have already given you the basics on what needs to happen in order for us and you, to hold you accountable. Do this every day, and be humble. Glad to have you here and reach out any time.
-Steve
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

INTRO | HOF SPEECH | HOF WRITEUP
QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline quitter419

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 10:33:55 AM »
Welcome cruxclimber20. Congratulations on best decision of your life. Here we do ODAAT (one day at a time). come every day morning and post that you will not use nicotine for today and do this every day. i am quit for last 275 days. trust us this works. yes, I wake up very early in morning even after 275 days, no matter what time i sleep, so i try to sleep as early as possible just to avoid lack of sleep. you will have some depression as you are leaving addiction, its like loosing love ones. drink as much liquid as possible you are rock climber so it's not going to be problem but these things will help in initial quit. After 3 days once nicotine is out of your body its all mind game. gather as many digits as you can, it will help you in your crucial moments to fight the cravings, as below suggested find your quit group and start posting. PM me if you need digits

Offline Morgan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 01/04/2018
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 09:18:34 AM »
Congratulations on your decision to quit. I made the same decision 732 days ago and it has changed my life. Head over to April 2020 Quit Group and post roll. Do this now and do it every day as soon as you wake up. Remember, EVERY DAY. This isn’t a habit you are dealing with, it's an addiction.   I commend you on 4 days by yourself now keep your quit going with the support of KTC.
Roll Jack Expert

My Intro | My HOF

BTW I Use Arch

“We cannot, in a moment, get rid of habits of a lifetime.”- Mahatma Gandhi
“What lies in our power to do, lies in our power not to do.”-Aristotle
“Don’t exchange what you want most for what you want at that moment.”

Offline cruxclimber20

• Failure is not accepted here. Ye be warned!
  • Quitter
  • WEAKNESS IS UP TO YOU!
  • Interests: Jesus, my lovely wife,rock climbing, and the great outdoors
  • Likes Given: 338
Gumby on day 4
« on: January 05, 2020, 07:49:27 AM »
Been chewing and smoking for 18 years. Picked up chewing back in Iraq in 2008. I'm on day 4 of no nicotine and feeling strong. I got news from my Dr. that I have atherosclerosis of my aorta artery as well as a very high ldl in cholesterol. It's weird, I am 150lb rock climber who trains my butt off and I may have to go on cholesterol meds at 33 years old. All thanks to genetics and tobacco. Anyone else have these issues? I have also noticed since quitting I have soft stools and wake up super early every morning.

Here's to no longer being a slave to nicotine.
There is NO excuse to cave..and alcohol kills a ton of people a year as well. It is just more socially acceptable. It's a bear so beware.

Strike First, Strike Hard, NO MERCY!!