Author Topic: I quit quiting  (Read 9440 times)

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4367
Re: I quit quiting
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2017, 11:49:00 AM »
Quote from: ChickDip
RichK hits 6th floor!
Well earned well done.
Congrats sir!!! Proud to be quit with you today! 'party'
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2035
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2017, 11:42:00 AM »
RichK hits 6th floor!
Well earned well done.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2017, 04:25:00 PM »
Quote from: sawyerw21
I truly hope my quit didn't start one day to late. I have put it off and put it off. Like many of you, I quit and my wife was so happy that I did. When I fell off the first time and my wife found out she was, to say the least, hurt (and PISSED) that I had lied to her. I made a promise then that I would NEVER dip again. When I fell off the second time I knew what would be at risk. I ran the risk of losing the two most important people in my life, my wife and 4 year old daughter. Not for dipping but for breaking my wife's trust and her heart. Yesterday she found out I was dipping again and as I write this I just hope it isn't too late. Before I believe I "quit" for my wife and her happiness but now regardless of what happens I quit for me because this addiction has caused me more pain and sorrow than any one thing in my whole life.
Hey Sawyer, not sure if you're aware, but you posted in another guy's intro. If you want to start your own thread, click "New Topic" at the bottom of the Introductions page. Don't worry about it, this site can take some time to figure out and it happens all the time.

Anyway, welcome to KTC. This site can be a great resource in your quit. The backbone of the system here is "Posting Roll." Roll is a daily promise not to use any nicotine product. You make that promise in your Quit Group first thing, every day. Your group is December 2017. Everyone in that group will have a quit date in the same range as you. It's a great place to not only make your promise, but to connect with others going through the same thing you are.

I'm sorry about the situation with your wife. As addicts, most of us have hurt the people we love in favor of fulfilling our addiction. You aren't the only one who has risked a marriage because of dipping. I don't know your situation, but I do know that this site can keep you quit and will provide a verifiable record of your quit. You will track your days and make that promise every day. You will have something that you can show to your wife that proves you are quit.

Addiction is a bitch man. It doesn't mean you're a bad person, but it also doesn't negate how your behavior affects those around you. Using this site won't cure addiction, but it can help make you Quit. You can free yourself and become a former user. It's worth it man, find your group and start posting roll. Freedom is achievable and it's worth it.

Let me know if I can help with anything.

Offline sawyerw21

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2017, 03:40:00 PM »
I truly hope my quit didn't start one day to late. I have put it off and put it off. Like many of you, I quit and my wife was so happy that I did. When I fell off the first time and my wife found out she was, to say the least, hurt (and PISSED) that I had lied to her. I made a promise then that I would NEVER dip again. When I fell off the second time I knew what would be at risk. I ran the risk of losing the two most important people in my life, my wife and 4 year old daughter. Not for dipping but for breaking my wife's trust and her heart. Yesterday she found out I was dipping again and as I write this I just hope it isn't too late. Before I believe I "quit" for my wife and her happiness but now regardless of what happens I quit for me because this addiction has caused me more pain and sorrow than any one thing in my whole life.

Offline Richard K

• Admin (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Bald headed, vertically challenged leaping gnome
  • Quit Date: 28-Mar-2016
  • Interests: All Pittsburgh sports!! and my family
  • Likes Given: 790
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2017, 03:29:00 AM »
Quote from: tjschu
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: Mike1966
RichK...mighty fine 1/2 dangle you got there!
Cheers to 501 and up.
Thanks for moderaring these halls brother.
Awesome job Rich. Congrats on 500!
500 is awesome, enjoy the day!
Congrats on 500!
Thanks everyone!! I appreciate all the support
FLOOR.. 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10..11..12...13..14..15..16..17..18..19

It is very simple! We quit for today! We wake up! Do it again tomorrow!! One day at a time!
We walk in each others quit shoes, it may be a little different but ultimately the same exact thing

"Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers."

Offline Tjschu

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 387
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2017, 07:07:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Cheers to 501 and up.
Congrats on 500!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2017, 02:39:00 PM »
Cheers to 501 and up.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 77
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2017, 02:33:00 PM »
Cheers to 501 and up.
Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2017, 02:12:00 PM »
Cheers to 501 and up.
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.

Offline Richard K

• Admin (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2017, 02:35:00 PM »
This article has hit home to me and has completely changed my views on how to handle cavers!!!

Quote from: josh2brown
Here is why cavers get the treatment they do – being quit is a choice. Things get bad? Sweat it out, sac up, get into chat, get on the phone, and stay quit. Whatever it takes.

There is NO good excuse for caving. People have stayed quit when their children have died, people have stayed quit through divorce, marriage, drunken binges, Super Bowl parties, and every other situation you can imagine.

If you fail, its not because someone else didn’t answer the phone or support you – it because YOU chose to fail. Tobacco cant drive your car to the c-store, it cant buy itself, and it cant pack you lip for you. By taking all the above steps, you have crapped all over the people who have stood side by side with you for however long and promised “nothing that happens to me today can make me go back to using nicotine.”

We know this is hard. We know with ever fiber of our beings what the rage, craves, sleepless nights, funks, and all the other shitty symptoms feel like. More importantly, we know they will pass. Cancer will NOT. We know this is life and death, and when someone chooses death it hurts us a little bit more. When someone with a lot of days behind them slips back to the can, it can cause all sorts of shit with a group. It burns out those who have supported and makes them feel stabbed in the back.

However, all of it serves a purpose – that purpose is to get the caver to realize what mistakes they made, identify why they made them, and develop a plan to prevent them from happening again. This is not a site for coddling failure or weak resolve – this is a site for saving lives.

Watch though what happens once someone does show they see what went wrong and executes a plan to fix it. There are some BADASS quitters on this site that HAVE caved, did the necessary self evaluation, and now are living proof that the methodology works. If you cant handle a little online ruff-housing, my gut tells me that quitting nicotine is gonna flat out whup your ass (again).

There is a place for those that do not want what KTC provides. That way may work for others, but when you sign up here all the bullshit and excuses go out the window. We are addicts, we speak the same language.

It is very simple! We quit for today! We wake up! Do it again tomorrow!! One day at a time!
We walk in each others quit shoes, it may be a little different but ultimately the same exact thing

"Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers."

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2017, 12:36:00 AM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Four. Hundred.

You're in the sweet spot, bro. Freedom really expands from this point. Enjoy it!
Very cool mister. Congrats.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2017, 12:54:00 PM »
Four. Hundred.

You're in the sweet spot, bro. Freedom really expands from this point. Enjoy it!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2017, 09:24:00 PM »
Quote from: CavMan83
Quote from: Richard
Quote from: Nolaq
400! Nice job Rich. Proud to Quit with you every day!
I appreciate it brother!!
400 is badass! Nice work, dude!
I appreciate it!!! Feels great, but will feel better to keep going and help everyone else!
I'm sorry I've missed all these milestones, but keep CRUSHING it Rich!
Your good bro, Thanks!!!
Awesome job, Chief!! Proud to be quit with you.
Wow! You're killing it, continue on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2017, 08:18:00 PM »
I appreciate it!!! Feels great, but will feel better to keep going and help everyone else!
Your good bro, Thanks!!!
Awesome job, Chief!! Proud to be quit with you.

Offline Richard K

• Admin (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2017, 09:37:00 AM »
Your good bro, Thanks!!!