Author Topic: I quit quiting  (Read 9496 times)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: I quit quiting
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2016, 10:19:00 PM »
Quote from: Rawls
Quote from: ChickDip
Quote from: Mike1966
Congrats on the 2nd floor Richard! You're one BAQ. Thanks for all you do for July. You've been a powerful influence on my Quit especially in the last 50 days. I can't imagine KTC or July without you brother! Remember there are exactly 21 days difference in our Quit let's keep it that way. Damn this is starting to sound a little ghey!!! What I meant to say was goooooo Pirates! yeah!!!
Congrats on 200 days RichK!!!
Well done SIR!
Congratulations my friend! It gets alot sweeter!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2016, 10:18:00 PM »
Quote from: ChickDip
Congrats on the 2nd floor Richard! You're one BAQ. Thanks for all you do for July. You've been a powerful influence on my Quit especially in the last 50 days. I can't imagine KTC or July without you brother! Remember there are exactly 21 days difference in our Quit let's keep it that way. Damn this is starting to sound a little ghey!!! What I meant to say was goooooo Pirates! yeah!!!
Well done SIR!
I believe.....

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2035
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2016, 07:25:00 PM »
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 77
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2016, 08:54:00 AM »
Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2016, 11:23:00 AM »
I smell a quitter! Keep doing what has gotten you this far; it's working. Lots of "thrills" left in your roller-coaster ride of QUIT, but if you have gotten this far, then there is NO reason you can't handle every trick the nic-bitch has left. Keep fighting until it doesn't suck anymore :) Trust me, you are so close to a way better place.

Offline Cope30

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-16
  • Interests: Hunting and Fishing!http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11504909/
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2016, 02:40:00 PM »
Congrats brother on the quit.
Hang tight its going to be a wild ride.
X-change some digits with your group and get commit daily.
I quit with you today.
2 Timothy 1:7 - For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

HOF 11/24/15 Zombroski Nymphos
1st Floor 11-24-15
2nd Floor 3-3-16
3rd Floor 6-11-16
4th Floor 9-19-16
5th Floor 12-27-16
6th Floor 4-7-17

http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11504909/

http://www.panicend.com/de.html

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2016, 12:17:00 AM »
Richard, I'm sorry to inform you that you have been "Steakbombed". This means that from here on out you can NEVER smell, taste, touch, inhale, absorb, or make obscene gestures with nicotine. 'Shoot' You must post roll EDD (Every Damn Day), ODAAT (One Day At A Time), FHTE (From Here to Eternity). 'drool' But, if can do it, so can you and besides; now that you have been notified by "Steakbomb", you don't have a freaking choice. Your mind will now automatically sync to your quit group and you will become enamored with "QUIT". 'nutkick'

BTW, Steakbomb plus many others will be here to help you along the way. Trust me the price for admission to this place is cheap compared to the freedom it gives. What's the price, you may ask. PRD (Post Roll Daily).

I quit with ya brother.

Mogul

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2016, 11:09:00 PM »
Heart is in the right place...no doubt about that, but a word of caution Richard. Make this quit about you. The only way you'll succeed is if you want this more than anything. You gotta be the one who wants to be free from the can, to get your life back, to be healthy. Your quit should be 100% selfish.

It sounds a bit backwards, but the thing is,...all of us have said we want to quit for our kids, our families, our loved ones. And all of us failed when we did that. However, when you quit for yourself, and you begin the reap the benefits of being free...everybody else around you reaps these benefits. Your kids, your wife, your loved ones will get to be around you - a dip free and healthy person who is capable of enjoying life. So, do this for you and they will benefit from your selfishness.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Quittolive

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2016, 06:37:00 PM »
Just today, Make a promise, keep it, and do it again tomorrow. The days will add up quicker than you know. Focus on staying quit today, worry about staying quit tomorrow, well tomorrow.

I quit with you Sir!

Quit to Live- 175

Offline Richard K

• Admin (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Bald headed, vertically challenged leaping gnome
  • Quit Date: 28-Mar-2016
  • Interests: All Pittsburgh sports!! and my family
  • Likes Given: 790
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2016, 06:05:00 PM »
Thank you all for the encouragement. I never had this type of support before so I know that this is it!! Thank you!
FLOOR.. 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10..11..12...13..14..15..16..17..18..19

It is very simple! We quit for today! We wake up! Do it again tomorrow!! One day at a time!
We walk in each others quit shoes, it may be a little different but ultimately the same exact thing

"Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers."

Offline texasyeti

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Staying quit. Also family, BBQing, sports, beer, and video games.
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2016, 05:35:00 PM »
Welcome to freedom, Richard! Post roll every morning making your promise to stay nicotine free for 24 hours and then keep your word. There's lots of support here on KTC from quitters that have been right where you are experiencing what you are, take advantage of that. Stay quit!

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2016, 07:07:00 AM »
You came in with a great intro and then posted roll. That's a great start. You are now quitting with us and not quitting alone, which made all the difference in the world to me.
Every time I read an intro like yours I think, "this guy has got what it takes". Everybody comes to this site looking to quit dip, but not everyone comes to this site looking to get back control of their life. Your addiction has controlled your life...it rings a bell and you put in a dip, it rings a bell and you light up, man I used to not need an alarm clock because my addiction would wake me up so it could get its fix. The last 10 years of the 28 I dipped I wanted nothing to do with dip. But wanting to quit dipping wasn't enough. It wasn't until I got pissed off about not being in control of what I put in my body that I made any traction in my quit.
Buckle up Richard because quitting is a hard process. your will power will be tested all the time. But posting roll is the bedrock of my quit...make it the same for yours. Every day I post, I am making a promise to thousands of quitters that I am quit today. That promise has gotten me through dozens of days that I would have definitely caved in the past. So post roll everyday without fail. Good luck

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2016, 12:57:00 AM »
Welcome to the asylum! There is no better place for quitters. This place is full of f%$ing Rockstar quitters! The plan is real simple, even a dumbass like me can figure it out, so for sure someone as smart as you can do this to. Make the promise each day to abstain from using the damn poisonous weed and keep that promise to YOURSELF  to your KTC brothers/sisters. Sleep, get up and do it again. Repeat daily and you will not fail! Posting Roll and honoring your promise is the path to freedom my friend and that is truth!

Menace
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 11:42:00 PM »
Richard.... Breathe pard!
Its your turn.
40 years is enough.
You have made the correct decision this time.
Welcome to a new life with out a rope tied around your neck.
We quite now.
We quit just for today.
Tomorrow might not show up.
Let's stop talking about yesterday,
Let's not worry about tomorrow.
Let's be clean and proud about today.
I quit with you today.
Great job posting roll.
Do it early.....
Rawls 502
I believe.....

Offline QuitConstruct

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: The Word, People, Myself, Construction, hopefully a wife soon
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 09:34:00 PM »
So glad to quit with you today and offer ANY support that you may need!
Reach out to the "Veterans" around here, they are some of the most amazing people I have ever come into contact with and their knowledge on defeating nicotine is priceless.