Author Topic: Going to make it happen  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Going to make it happen
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 10:30:00 PM »
Quote from: hudsonp
i know that i can't do it without some kind of aide - i had quit for about 6 weeks last fall when my daughter had to have an emergency appendectomy so i leaned on my old crutch, but when i did quit i used hooch.  i just placed my order.
Grab some seeds. Grab some gum. Grab some jerky. Grab some smokey mountain. Then grab your nuts and quit now.

Remember that there is never a good reasone to chew. It solves nothing. You might think you need it to handle stress, but that is just an addict's lie. Nicotine withdrawal causes stress and you remember a dip making you feel better when you get your fix. The memory is a lie.
38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 09:23:00 PM »
Hudson, I am going to say this and then others will get in here and probably kick your butt, cause you're dilly dallying....

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cannot, you are correct...

'bang head'

do you want to be on your deathbed someday wishing you had 10 more years?

have you read much on this site??

Have you READ this?
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline hudsonp

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 09:15:00 PM »
i know that i can't do it without some kind of aide - i had quit for about 6 weeks last fall when my daughter had to have an emergency appendectomy so i leaned on my old crutch, but when i did quit i used hooch. i just placed my order.
Gather in his name

"1 problem + nicotine = 2 problems" - Scowick65

QD: 9-6-12
HOF 12-14-12

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 09:14:00 PM »
Hudson,
you're not alone brother.
YOU can do this "one day at a time"...Look the addict in the mirror, flush the poison, get rid of all dip related stuff, get in here and read everything, post roll every morning, get to bed, wake up REPEAT and you'll be quit faster than you think!!!!!
If this hillbilly CAN then I know that YOU CAN kick the CAN.
Follow these men's advice...they care about your quit.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Wedge

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 05:25:00 PM »
Quote from: Notdeadyet
Quote from: Bean
Click on KillTheCan.org link above.  Read the "Tom and Jenny Kern" story.  Then you tell me...do you want to quit now, or keep bullshitting us about all the awesome stuff you are going to do when something happens in the future?

There is no better time to quit than right now.
Hudson just dump all of your shit down the toilet and quit right now. You know how many times we've seen the "I'm gonna quit" story?! Do or don't do, just don't BS.
These guys are right hudson. I hope when you get back on here, IF you get back on here, that you don't procrastinate anymore and flush your stash.

Quitting is a mindset. Delaying the start of it is not a good signal. That said, go all out balls to the wall with this. Read and learn. Empower yourself against your addiction.

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 04:19:00 PM »
Quote from: Bean
Click on KillTheCan.org link above.  Read the "Tom and Jenny Kern" story.  Then you tell me...do you want to quit now, or keep bullshitting us about all the awesome stuff you are going to do when something happens in the future?

Hudson just dump all of your shit down the toilet and quit right now. You know how many times we've seen the "I'm gonna quit" story?! Do or don't do, just don't BS.
38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 03:08:00 PM »
Click on KillTheCan.org link above. Read the "Tom and Jenny Kern" story. Then you tell me...do you want to quit now, or keep bullshitting us about all the awesome stuff you are going to do when something happens in the future?

Offline hudsonp

• Quitter
Going to make it happen
« on: September 05, 2012, 02:43:00 PM »
i've decided that tonight when I get home from work, i'm going to order some fake chew (haven't figured out which one yet) - and as soon as i get it, i'm done. No more sneaking out to the garage after the kids go to bed to get a dip in. No more stopping at the corner store and having the cashier hand me the can before I even speak.
Gather in his name

"1 problem + nicotine = 2 problems" - Scowick65

QD: 9-6-12
HOF 12-14-12