Author Topic: Guess it's my turn  (Read 804 times)

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Guess it's my turn
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 09:36:00 PM »
Stitch...let's do this bro. Get up. Roll post. Odaat. That easy.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 09:09:00 PM »
Quote from: Stitches
I went through a Tough Mudder event a few months back. Completed it, along with needing surgery on my knee. But the point is, that reminding myself that I'm a mudder has gotten me through a few tough times. Don't count me out so easily.
No one is counting you out. Folks are pointing out that you need to take this seriously. If you can't post roll in the morning or whenever you start your day then you are not serious.

This is the foundation of this site. We post roll daily and honor our word for the day. Then we wake up and do it again.

You up to that mudder?
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Stitches

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 05:42:00 PM »
I went through a Tough Mudder event a few months back. Completed it, along with needing surgery on my knee. But the point is, that reminding myself that I'm a mudder has gotten me through a few tough times. Don't count me out so easily.

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 04:05:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: razd611
Posting roll in the morning might be a little rough for me. I hit the ground running as soon as I wake up. And my phone has spotty service at work.
You "ALWAYS" made sure you had some in a can at all times of the day. I bet you even went to some very extreme lenghts to make sure you never ran out.

Make sure you are going to the same extent and putting that much effort to make sure your name is on roll. Get up just 5 minutes early. What ever it takes.
I just read addict talk. I should know, I am an addict. Unique and special butterflies often fail. Raz called it. If you go to the same lengths to quit as you did to feed your addition, you shall succeed.

Make this work. Your are the benneficiary.
Agreed, addict babble.
Do you find the time to pee and crap every morning? How about shave? Do you drink coffee or tea every morning or have breakfast? What would you have done if you were out of tobacco? The point these fine quitters are making is this, you just added some qualifiers to your quit that are just doors cracked open to return to the poison. I'm busy, I have spotty cell service says to us that you are less than 100% in. Now I did like that you added you would find a way to get it done. That is exactly the attitude you need to suceed.
PM me if you truely have difficulty getting onto roll. I will work with you to help get your name on roll. As will many other quitters here. Now get after that quit...
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 03:45:00 PM »
Quote from: razd611
Posting roll in the morning might be a little rough for me. I hit the ground running as soon as I wake up. And my phone has spotty service at work.
You "ALWAYS" made sure you had some in a can at all times of the day. I bet you even went to some very extreme lenghts to make sure you never ran out.

Make sure you are going to the same extent and putting that much effort to make sure your name is on roll. Get up just 5 minutes early. What ever it takes.
I just read addict talk. I should know, I am an addict. Unique and special butterflies often fail. Raz called it. If you go to the same lengths to quit as you did to feed your addition, you shall succeed.

Make this work. Your are the benneficiary.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 03:35:00 PM »

Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Stitches

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 03:32:00 PM »
Posting roll in the morning might be a little rough for me. I hit the ground running as soon as I wake up. And my phone has spotty service at work. I'll find a way to get it done though.

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 01:54:00 PM »
From what I've been reading, I haven't been chewing nearly as long as other people on this site. Ballpark at around 4 years, but I guess any length of time spent chewing is too long. I've quit atleast 3 times, the longest lasting 5 months. I want to say that it was helping me deal with my divorce, but really I was just relying on it so I had something else to focus on instead if the divorce.
Great decision Stitch, one you will always be happy you made.
Quitting is simple, but it isn't easy.
Just quit for today, don't worry about tomorrow, next week or next year. We will deal with those when they get here.
Post roll every morning first thing. Make your promise to yourself and your quit buddies that you won't use today. Get to know other quitters, exchange numbers and support each other.
Read, read, read everything you can on this site, starting with the welcome center folder at the top of the page/banner.
You can do this! You can be quit!Not just stopping for a while, but actually quit.
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 10:36:00 AM »
I've quit atleast 3 times, the longest lasting 5 months.

You have never quit. I've quit 620 consecutive times and every one of those quits have been successful. If I were to fail it wipes all those previous days off. I will tell you as long as my name and day are posted I will not fail. If I fail to post, I'm in danger of caving.

I strongly encourage you to post roll, drink deep of the quit koolaid, read all you can and remember the suck!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 09:26:00 AM »
Stitch,
First off welcome aboard go to the salmon colored words above that is the welcome center. Learn how to post roll and do it daily it is the cornerstone of what we do here. First we promise ourselves that we will not use for today only and it signals the rest of the family that you promise not to use today.

Post roll early as soon as your eyes pop open!

Now we need to work on your vocabulary you never quit before you had stoppage multiple stoppages. To quote I believe sM quitting is not cumulative you just do it and do it once.

4 seconds 4 mins 4 months 4 years is too long to spin the cylinder the next dip you put in your mouth could mutate some cells and well you know the rest of the story.

Need anything PM me need more info PM me.
Trauma
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 07:45:00 AM »
Jump in Stitch. 4 years is too long. Don't be me or so many others that let 25 years roll by with poison in your mouth. Don't wait until you are scared for your life. Quit today.

Post your roll call and quit every morning. One day at a time. Everyone here supports you.

PB

Offline Stitches

Guess it's my turn
« on: December 11, 2013, 01:23:00 AM »
From what I've been reading, I haven't been chewing nearly as long as other people on this site. Ballpark at around 4 years, but I guess any length of time spent chewing is too long. I've quit atleast 3 times, the longest lasting 5 months. I want to say that it was helping me deal with my divorce, but really I was just relying on it so I had something else to focus on instead if the divorce.