Author Topic: Day 23  (Read 577 times)

Offline Tcorn4

• Quit Date: 2016-06-02
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 23
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 03:51:00 PM »
I actually have heard his story! It is absolutely tragic and humbling.

I tell people who are my age now (22 years) that try dip now how serious it is and they do not understand the toll that weed can have on their lives.

This difference in this quit is I am done being in the atmosphere of dip! I am back home in FL, only very few of my friends here still dip, there are very very few triggers in my life that will cause me to break down again, I felt like I was writing too much in that post so I tried limiting it but left out key points about what made me cave the first time. I have learned GREAT amounts from my first failure and i plan to stay on KTC to stay motivated even though I see no possible way ill ever use the words "let me get a sleeve of Grizzly Straight" again.

You're correct about that too, I shouldn't have limited it but I noticed it and tried to edit the post but it won't let me. I wanted to write something that would have hit home if I were a looking to quit on KTC when I was 15.

Offline DjPorkchop

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Mother Fricker!!!
    • PaPa Ray's Photography
  • Quit Date: 9/17/2015
  • Interests: Brewing Beer and Building Cheap Smokers (UDS Drums)
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 03:41:00 PM »
TCorn, that is a pretty good read and all but sounds like my story minus the baseball. I was a football player. Our stories of dip/tobacco Almost always play out the same in the end. Started out loving it with great oral health and later on down the road it started and we started to hate it. Time to quit.

It truly amazes me at the things we do to our selves. White patch in the mouth, have surgery and celebrate no cancer with an immediate dip! Sean Marsee did that too. Never heard of his story? You should look him up. All high school athlete highly decorated. Started dipping at 12, dead by 19. He has surgery and got his lymph nodes cut out, pectoral muscles removed, jaw, and a few more key parts and what did he do? Gets in the car and pulls out his good old can of Cope!

It is so hard to believe a weed can have this much control over our lives. But we have to remember, it is not only the weed, it is all the chemicals in ti as well. We are technically chemical dependents. Ordinarily we would not under any circumstance, put any of these chemicals in our bodies. Add the weed called "Tobacco" and we are all in!

Glad to hear you have quit the weed and have some freedom. Now I have to ask you this. What are going to do different this time than what you did last time that ended up in a disastrous failure of a quit? Well, it was not a quit, it was a stop. Stories are great and all but the brass tacks is plain and simple. What is different this time around? What do they call that when we continuously do the same thing over and over again expecting different results? Ah yes, they call that insanity. I think we all have a little bit of that in us for doing what we all did to begin with. It is what we do to stop doing it that counts.

You got a great story to tell. If I might make one suggestion, please do not limit it to baseball players only. Hockey players dip, race car drivers, football players, golfers, bowlers, professional fisherman, etc etc. The nicotine addiction is not prejudiced at all and neither is cancer. It has the power to effect anyone that is willing to put it to use. It is a powerful addiction.

I encourage anyone reading this, if you need help whether it be from us or anyone else, get help today! We can over come this one day at a time. We will never be cured, but we can be quit!

Take care and thanks for the share!
If I could I would. If I don't, it's because I am lazy.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Offline soot

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-07-10
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 03:37:00 PM »
Welcome aboard T.

Congrats on 23 days!

Offline Tcorn4

• Quit Date: 2016-06-02
Day 23
« on: July 24, 2016, 03:19:00 PM »
When I was 13 years old my friend gave me my first pinch of Kodiak Wintergreen walking home from the bus stop, I received the solid buzz that all my other friends were talking about, and i enjoyed it but little did I know it was going to turn into my best friend.

I grew up playing baseball my whole life and what else goes hand in hand better with baseball than a fatass dip? By the time i was 14 I was hooked on dip, it was a shitty feeling couldn't even make it a day through a quit but oh well I wouldn't be affected by it. I loved to play baseball and dip some Grizzly Straight and I continued to do this for my entire high school baseball career. Hell, I don't think I made it a full inning my whole career without a dip in.

My 18th birthday was coming up eventually and i couldn't wait to buy my own cans from any store I wanted to, not just the ones who sold to me underage! I was dipping Grizzly straight for the past 3 years, I don't know what it was about that dip but damn I loved it! I was in the beginning of my senior year baseball season looking for a college to play at. On my way to school one day I threw a dip in (as usual) and felt a burning where my back right molar should be and looked back their in my rear view mirror as my heart dropped when I saw this white lesion. Of course I expected the worst but I didn't let it bother me too much because I had sores come and go. This one never left I was getting seriously worried after 2 months of this thing sitting in my mouth. I broke down went to the dentist as I sat in the chair as he poked at it and said "I'm going to have to send you to the oral surgeon because I am not sure what this is." The 2nd worst thing you imagine as a dipper. Long story short once it was biopsied it was just a non-cancerous mass.

But my love for dip didn't fade, even after the surgery the first thing I did was throw in a pinch of Grizzly Straight in and accepted the fact that this little can was going to kill me either soon or eventually in my life.

I quit, about 3 months after I found out the sore was non cancerous I was still dipping until another sore popped up and eventually I couldn't take the mental trials anymore and on July 2, 2012 I quit!!!!.... the sore went away and I was dip free for 1 year 2 months and 12 days. I went on to play college baseball in North Carolina with the good ole rednecks! and what goes better than dip and baseball? rednecks, dip, and baseball! So i got back on the shit and dipped my beloved Grizzly Straight for 3 more years in College and it was just like high school.. a can a day everyday while playing ball.

Today, I am 23 days quit. On July 2, 2016 I quit again (craziest part about the story, I didn't realize I quit 4 years later on the same exact date until day 10 of my quit lol). I never posted on here through my first quit I just quit and it wasn't scare that made me quit this time, I just had enough of the mental games, my teeth were yellowing as I am about to start my career fresh out of school, my gums are receded terribly, and I was TIRED OF BEING A SLAVE. its never too late to quit!! I will never look back at that stupid ass can that had me trapped through some of the most important parts of my life.

I cant describe how happy and free I feel without reaching over after I wake up in the morning and putting a dip in!! I could write a book about my testimony I feel like so I cut it short. I hope I can help someone that played/plays baseball realize its time to quit!