Author Topic: 30+ Yrs Now What  (Read 521 times)

Offline FosterChild

• Quitter
  • Interests: Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals and all of college baseball
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 30+ Yrs Now What
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 02:54:00 AM »
I am 6 days in and feel better than i have in years. There have been times where i quite literally split seconds to get by, but i managed to pull through. You to can do this! We can do this together dakota! Pm me if you would like my number. We stand as one in the fight for our lives brother!
The snozberries taste like snozberries!

Offline DennyX

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: BD: 1978my family, fishing, outdoors
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 02:27:00 AM »
Simple. Now what? Now you quit. You wake up every morning anxious to post roll. You do it every single day. You keep your word, because you are a man of integrity. Your word may not mean shit to people at home but it does here. You fight every day to be nicotine free. You do it one day at a time. Can you stay nicotine free for 24 hours? Of course you can. What now? Now you discover the life you were meant to have, the life nicotine has been stealing from you. Freedom is won, one day at a time. Today, you kill it.

Denny

Offline dougsoffroadcycle

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 12:48:00 AM »
I too am new to this sight. I have dipped for over 30 years too. We are both lucky to still be here. One thought has helped me quit. You can quit after you get cancer or before. I choose before. Ive been quit this time for 80 + days.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 03:56:00 PM »
Quote from: Suck-It
Quote from: Dakotablue48
I found this forum by accident, or was it ment to be? I live in Montana where alot of guys use. I started like most of us when I was 13-14, Thought it was cool! As the years have passed, every dentist I have seen has given me the warnings, but my addiction kept a grip on me. I have even seen pictures that scared the hell out of me but kept chewing, I constently worrie about me face but keep it up, It is insane! Until now, I have come to the conclusion that I need to take control, I am a member of a fellowship of men and women that have overcome another addiction, I plan on using the principles from that fellowship as well as the accountability that the september group here expects. I am Dam serious about this quit. Not only for me but for my family. So far I have gotten numbers from several fellow quitters and have had long conversations with a few of them. It is a comfort that these guys are always availiable and a sincere in helping, With the support they offer and my conviction to quit I hope like hell I will be successful.
We don't hope around here and we don't wish for luck. Throw the shit away, post roll, quit for today only, and then repeat tomorrow. You can do this - if a sorry ass quitter like myself can do it anyone can. Give your word for today and today only. Don't worry about tomorrow and don't hope to be successful. Fight your ass off one day at a time.

Welcome to the shit show - it gets a little crazy around here but a lot of fun. Embrace the Suck!!!
Suck-it said it all! I'd probably try to 1 up him on being a dumb ass but there is no need we are all dumb asses for allowing nicotine even one day of control of our lives. (let alone decades)!! Pm me for help and support!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Suck-It

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 01:18:00 PM »
Quote from: Dakotablue48
I found this forum by accident, or was it ment to be? I live in Montana where alot of guys use. I started like most of us when I was 13-14, Thought it was cool! As the years have passed, every dentist I have seen has given me the warnings, but my addiction kept a grip on me. I have even seen pictures that scared the hell out of me but kept chewing, I constently worrie about me face but keep it up, It is insane! Until now, I have come to the conclusion that I need to take control, I am a member of a fellowship of men and women that have overcome another addiction, I plan on using the principles from that fellowship as well as the accountability that the september group here expects. I am Dam serious about this quit. Not only for me but for my family. So far I have gotten numbers from several fellow quitters and have had long conversations with a few of them. It is a comfort that these guys are always availiable and a sincere in helping, With the support they offer and my conviction to quit I hope like hell I will be successful.
We don't hope around here and we don't wish for luck. Throw the shit away, post roll, quit for today only, and then repeat tomorrow. You can do this - if a sorry ass quitter like myself can do it anyone can. Give your word for today and today only. Don't worry about tomorrow and don't hope to be successful. Fight your ass off one day at a time.

Welcome to the shit show - it gets a little crazy around here but a lot of fun. Embrace the Suck!!!

Offline Dakotablue48

• Quitter
30+ Yrs Now What
« on: June 03, 2012, 11:15:00 AM »
Still Quit!