Author Topic: Day 5  (Read 703 times)

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 5
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 10:33:00 PM »
Quote from: mmurdock
I read through all of the posts, describing things THAT I HAVE DONE..................and now in retrospect I realize what an ass I was. 
Yep and guess what you will continue being an ass if you don't start posting roll because just like me I quit for my 40th birthday and my 45th and my 50th until finally I was quit on my 55th and still am one day at a time.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 10:46:00 AM »
I read through all of the posts, describing things THAT I HAVE DONE..................and now in retrospect I realize what an ass I was. 
Yup, this is all of us. Welcome to the freak show.

This battle takes 100% dedication, and all the accountability you can find. Build your support network and have a plan in place for when the addiciton throws you a curve ball. There will be good days and bad days, but I can assure you..... the support will always be here, and one day at a time works.

I'll be here tomorrow posting roll.

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 07:55:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
Interesting how I started ... I was 27 and I had really bad allergies and at the time my solution to sneezing was to take Benadryl, which had the nice side effect of making me REALY tired.  One day, I was commuting with my buddy who chewed Copenhagen and I just couldn't stay awake, so I asked for a dip and low and behold, that miserable taste kept me awake for the rest of the ride.  Fast forward 13 years later and I still chew, despite the advent of non-drowsy allergy medicine which I now take. 

I decide to quit right before my 40th birthday ... I had started to suspect that it wasn't just a tool to keep me awake when playing video games, producing music or programming, that I was probably addicted.  I also noticed that it didn't really make me anymore productive, nor did it help me focus on the task at hand.

I am 5 days in and struggling a little bit, because my weekends usually revolve around a lot of computer and xbox time which was prime chewing time.  Not having it is causing me to pace and wander around as if I can't focus without it.  Luckily, I now realize that and these thoughts just further reinforce my desire to quit because of how insanely addicted I am now realizing I am.  I read through all of the posts, describing things THAT I HAVE DONE, like sneaking dips in the shower, staying up late to have a dip and now in retrospect I realize what an ass I was. 

I am positive I am going to stick with this, especially after finding the site which absolutely reinforced my resolve.
The bitch will get you if you don't commit to quitting by posting roll daily! Keep reading get active and "embrace the suck of quitting". When you understand that statement you will be on your way to quitting! Take it one day at a time. Yesterday and tomorrow are out of our reach!
murdock - best decision you've ever made. just focus on you daily post and promise. Keep your word for one day. Realize your body needs to heal from the disease you've been filling it with. It will take some time, but it sure is worth it.
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 10:47:00 PM »
Interesting how I started ... I was 27 and I had really bad allergies and at the time my solution to sneezing was to take Benadryl, which had the nice side effect of making me REALY tired. One day, I was commuting with my buddy who chewed Copenhagen and I just couldn't stay awake, so I asked for a dip and low and behold, that miserable taste kept me awake for the rest of the ride. Fast forward 13 years later and I still chew, despite the advent of non-drowsy allergy medicine which I now take.

I decide to quit right before my 40th birthday ... I had started to suspect that it wasn't just a tool to keep me awake when playing video games, producing music or programming, that I was probably addicted. I also noticed that it didn't really make me anymore productive, nor did it help me focus on the task at hand.

I am 5 days in and struggling a little bit, because my weekends usually revolve around a lot of computer and xbox time which was prime chewing time. Not having it is causing me to pace and wander around as if I can't focus without it. Luckily, I now realize that and these thoughts just further reinforce my desire to quit because of how insanely addicted I am now realizing I am. I read through all of the posts, describing things THAT I HAVE DONE, like sneaking dips in the shower, staying up late to have a dip and now in retrospect I realize what an ass I was.

I am positive I am going to stick with this, especially after finding the site which absolutely reinforced my resolve.
The bitch will get you if you don't commit to quitting by posting roll daily! Keep reading get active and "embrace the suck of quitting". When you understand that statement you will be on your way to quitting! Take it one day at a time. Yesterday and tomorrow are out of our reach!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline mmurdock

Day 5
« on: November 11, 2012, 10:31:00 PM »
Interesting how I started ... I was 27 and I had really bad allergies and at the time my solution to sneezing was to take Benadryl, which had the nice side effect of making me REALY tired. One day, I was commuting with my buddy who chewed Copenhagen and I just couldn't stay awake, so I asked for a dip and low and behold, that miserable taste kept me awake for the rest of the ride. Fast forward 13 years later and I still chew, despite the advent of non-drowsy allergy medicine which I now take.

I decide to quit right before my 40th birthday ... I had started to suspect that it wasn't just a tool to keep me awake when playing video games, producing music or programming, that I was probably addicted. I also noticed that it didn't really make me anymore productive, nor did it help me focus on the task at hand.

I am 5 days in and struggling a little bit, because my weekends usually revolve around a lot of computer and xbox time which was prime chewing time. Not having it is causing me to pace and wander around as if I can't focus without it. Luckily, I now realize that and these thoughts just further reinforce my desire to quit because of how insanely addicted I am now realizing I am. I read through all of the posts, describing things THAT I HAVE DONE, like sneaking dips in the shower, staying up late to have a dip and now in retrospect I realize what an ass I was.