Author Topic: Day 1 after 31 years  (Read 1443 times)

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: Day 1 after 31 years
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2016, 04:08:00 PM »
Quote from: Frazzled
And another bump since you posted another Day 1.

Care to explain (again)?
Seriously?

This is the 3rd "try" at this point.

Fuck.
That.

KTC is NOT... and CAN'T be... a try and try again method. Once and done. Your weakness... your taint... infects every person who is fighting and winning each day. You don't get a pat on the ass, AGAIN, for coming back and "trying" another time. Far too often these days, I see an unsettling mindset of continual compromise for fools like you. I may be part of the hardcore set but I won't ask for forgiveness for it. I chewed for 25 years, man. 2 cans a day. 1,235 days ago I quit. For good. Cold turkey. No subs. No fake.

Because I owned it.

You don't belong here.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Frazzled

• Eternal Quitters
  • Master of Quit
  • 1/3/2011
  • Quit Date: 1/3/2011
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2016, 03:15:00 PM »
And another bump since you posted another Day 1.

Care to explain (again)?
Quit Date 1/3/11
Floor 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2013, 09:53:00 AM »
Bump because I see you like bacon.

And because you posted day 1 again.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline greg1292

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-09-02
  • Interests: Softball,boating,fishing
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2012, 01:51:00 PM »
My quit is going along but not without a hitch here or there! After the 1
month period I was 'Sno' along and the cravings started this past week
out of fucking nowhere and was a screwed up weekend. Every time I
got in my car I wanted to drive to the gas station and pick up a can. I kept
telling myself only one and I would be fine. Thank God I did not cave in
but oh so close was I thank goodness I put out that 'fireman' .
250 cans x 3.00 x 34 years =25500.00 I am an addict!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2012, 11:57:00 PM »
Glad you are here. :) 1 day at a time. If you need help, I am just a pm away.

Offline Big Swede

• Quitter
  • Interests: Volunteer firefighter / Advanced EMTHiking and fishing21 years married - 3 kids
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2012, 09:45:00 PM »
Greg, sent you a PM. It can be done - just do it.

Offline jrws

• Quitter
    • voodoobuddha.net
  • Interests: Snowboarding/snowshoeing, skydiving, fast cars, knives, A/V, smart engineering, squash, DIY electronics, and all kinds of mental/psychic/physical competitions: logic, strategy, endurance, and tactical games.
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2012, 05:05:00 PM »
Quote from: kdip
Quote from: greg1292
On my way day 4 QLF seems to be the theme of everyday life from here on
out. Being able to reach out on this board is providing 'Sno' so far smooth
sailing. Not a day goes by that I don't think about it but I am sure it to
will pass. Will be in lebanon,Pennsylvania by tomorrow morning picking
up  a 77 Ski Nautique that has been restored. Might be hard to post while
driving roll call. So might not make post till Monday.

Thanks Greg
Greg I have sent you my number. Text me your promise each day while you are gone.
Yeah if you are taking off - do like kdip says and text another quitter to post roll for you - that way you are keeping your word and renewing your quit. Today looks to be done but don't let your guard down tomorrow.

Enjoy the ride - and protect your quit like fuck.
I have to earn this signature line - one day of roll at a time

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 10:22:00 AM »
up a 77 Ski Nautique that has been restored. Might be hard to post while

Thanks Greg
Greg I have sent you my number. Text me your promise each day while you are gone.

Offline greg1292

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2012, 10:15:00 AM »
up a 77 Ski Nautique that has been restored. Might be hard to post while

Thanks Greg

Offline jrws

• Quitter
    • voodoobuddha.net
  • Interests: Snowboarding/snowshoeing, skydiving, fast cars, knives, A/V, smart engineering, squash, DIY electronics, and all kinds of mental/psychic/physical competitions: logic, strategy, endurance, and tactical games.
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 10:43:00 AM »
Welcome. I am glad to see you wrote an intro. I use mine to keep thoughts and ideas I don't want to lose or might need later.

"Embrace the suck" he is absolutely right. I think a lot of people get enthused for a bit and then fall off and cave. Pace yourself for a roller-coaster ride. 31 years of enslavement is not going to die easily, or even crawl under a rock and hide without a fight (personally, I think addictions never get off your back, you fight them for life). That said, fighting makes you tough.

Profanity? You came to a shitty fucking place to be cuntish about profanity. After 101 days here I no longer need to join the damn Navy to cuss like a sumbitch. :D

we got your back, just keep your word and reach out when you get hungry tired angry bored sick lonely or whatever, just don't dip!

jrws
I have to earn this signature line - one day of roll at a time

Offline greg1292

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 09:53:00 AM »
Thanks for all the support and I will lean on you plus rant rave and cuss every
once in awhile. I think the hardest thing is what to do with all my free time?
For real 8 hours a day everyday now that is fucked bombed up for sure. I have not reached the craving part yet but am preparing for the worst?

Offline Donk

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 07:15:00 PM »
Greg,
I'm on day 3. 25 years for me. Been using some of the alternatives chews and it really seems to help when a strong craving comes on.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 06:25:00 PM »
Greg welcome aboard to this wid and crazy ride we call quit! Check your inbox.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Topper Harley

• Quitter
  • Interests: Whitetail deer Hunting, Bass Fishing, Diesel trucks, Archery is my life. Love to spend time with my kids and wife. Enjoy keeping in contact with my fellow Marines Semper Fi
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 05:19:00 PM »
congrats man today is my first day also we can do this shit together ive done some hard things in my life but im sure this will be one of the hardest to complete so im right there with you for this journey

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 05:06:00 PM »
Quote from: Arfy
Quote from: kstampfly
Quote from: Bean
After 31 years I am going for it and quitting. Up until now I have had an
excuse but my jaw bone is fading away and I'm scared shitless. I have no idea
how I will make it past this first week. I stumbled on this website and to me
is a last chance to free myself of the dip shit mentallity! So if you can show me
the ropes and put up with the profanity that is soon to come. 'bang head'

Thanks Greg
Klark is right...post roll and keep your word. We all have your back now.

As for "how you are going to make it through the first week?" You are going to do it just like everyone here is doing it...one day at a time. (Early on, it was one minute/hour at a time.) Post roll then read all you can. Stay glued to this website. Water, excersize, seeds, fake stuff, cussing, ranting, raving...do anything you have to do to stay nic free. Fight like your life depends on it...because it does!

Look all of the quitters in the "Quit Groups"...not just your group, but click on a few more. That is proof that YOU CAN DO THIS!!! 31 years is a long time, but that number doesn't really matter. You're an addict. Addicts lie, cheat, hide and do just about anything to get their fix. But we're addicts too...and we're staying quit...YOU CAN TOO.

It is as simple as posting your promise. Don't think about "quitting forever." That is too hard, too overwhelming. So don't do it...don't even say you are quitting forever. You are just quitting for today. And anyone, even weak pussies, can go one day without dip. That's all any of us are doing...just quitting for today.

You can't change the past, can't know the future...so don't worry about them. All you need to focus on is right now, today, this five minutes. YOU CAN DO THIS. Also, embrace the suck. It is going to get way worse before it gets better. But train yourself to see that as your body healing. It is the suck, but it is also a wonderful feeling to know that you are getting better with each passing moment. And when it really gets bad, get on this site and just ask for help. Explaining what you are going through will help you see it for what it is...the nicotine mind fuck. You will start to laugh at yourself for all the different ways the Nic Bitch will try to make you rationalize "just one more." If you post roll, and your word is worth anything, you'll keep your promise and defeat the Nic Bitch one day at a time.
One day at a time sounds good.
Nothing wrong with a little profanity Greg. You have come to the right place for help so you can vent as much as you need too. Main thing is stay quit while doing so and don't ever pick up that can of worm shit again. Just take it one day at a time and you will be fine. We are here for ya and will quit with you everyday. 'Cheers'
Welcome Greg! You have made a wise choice my friend! I was exactly where you are at just 6 days ago. Drink lots of water was the most useful advice I got. Everytime I craved, I would just start chugging water! I look forward to quitting with you!
I love a good and aggressive quit myself. Kind of like a grudge fuck, you get all hot, mean, and nasty with it and you come (no pun intended) out feeling like a new man afterwards. Rage inside our cage here and don't take it out on those supporting you through this. PM me if you want some contact info, it won't hurt but it might keep you quit.

QLAFM