Author Topic: Here we go  (Read 1495 times)

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Here we go
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2013, 10:14:00 AM »
Yes they are!! Welcome to the suck. One day at a time and you get your life back. I can tell you this for sure my friend,,, It's worth it!!

Remember the suck, embrace it, know that this means that you are taking back your life from a poison that has been stealing your freedom, money, integrity and days off your life.

Now you will decide what to spend your money on, when to go to bed and how long you get to spend with your family before your thinking of the poison and need a fix. I quit with you today brother. Need anything give me a pm.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Fordtruckman

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 09:36:00 AM »
Shiiiiitttttt. Nic withdrawal is a biiitttccchhh!

Offline Matt F

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2013, 05:37:00 PM »
You made a fine choice in truck and in website to quit nicotine. Welcome to KTC from a fellow September 13 pre hall of fame quit group, a proud group of quitters!

Offline Mjollnir

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2013, 02:41:00 PM »
Quote from: Nolaq
Quote from: Fordtruckman
Hi all. Today is day 1. I have tried to do this so many times with no help, I can't remember how many times I've actually quit. I have been hiding it from my wife since 08. I started in 00. I have tried smokey mountain, sunflower seeds, gum. I am so afraid of the irreparable damage I may have done. I find myself pulling down my lip 100 times a day to check. This needs to end. Please don't make me do this alone again. I don't want to fail.
I told you. Look at all that support!

I see you posted roll, too - Excellent!

Now you gotta get involved. Quitting is NOT a spectator sport. Participation IS required!

Get in here, get involved and get this shit done!
Chat gets busy between 6:30 and 7:00 pm MST. Great opportunity to meet other quitters.

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2013, 02:40:00 PM »
Quote from: Wt57
Please don't make me do this alone again. I don't want to fail.
You don't need to fail and you don't have to do it alone. The tools to quit are here at your finger tips. Start by posting roll every day and start getting numbers of other quitters to turn to when you need that extra kick in the ass to stay quit. There are plenty of us doing the same thing and willing to help. Pm me.
The only way you will fail is if you choose to. You are not alone if you connect with people here. The tools are everywhere here. Browse, read, breath deep and drink LOTS AND LOTS of water. (It'll help flush the system) after that, its just a mind game. So bring YOUR game. Everyday.

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2013, 02:27:00 PM »
Hi all. Today is day 1. I have tried to do this so many times with no help, I can't remember how many times I've actually quit. I have been hiding it from my wife since 08. I started in 00. I have tried smokey mountain, sunflower seeds, gum. I am so afraid of the irreparable damage I may have done. I find myself pulling down my lip 100 times a day to check. This needs to end. Please don't make me do this alone again. I don't want to fail.
I told you. Look at all that support!

I see you posted roll, too - Excellent!

Now you gotta get involved. Quitting is NOT a spectator sport. Participation IS required!

Get in here, get involved and get this shit done!
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2013, 02:21:00 PM »
Please don't make me do this alone again. I don't want to fail.

You don't need to fail and you don't have to do it alone. The tools to quit are here at your finger tips. Start by posting roll every day and start getting numbers of other quitters to turn to when you need that extra kick in the ass to stay quit. There are plenty of us doing the same thing and willing to help. Pm me.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Jayhawk

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2013, 02:11:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: Philly80
Welcome, You just made one of the best decisions in your life. I will quit with you today. One Day at a Time!
Glad you are here.
Hey Fordtruckman you can do this. Take the advice of all these folks who are here to support you. It will suck, but trust me - the suck evaporates after you have some time without nic. For me, I bet it lasted well into 20 days after I quit that I was just in a fog. Couldn't concentrate, even dizzy at times. No shit - dizzy! And sleep, Ha Ha... forget it for a while! But embrace it and own it - you only have to go through it this once.

We have all been right where you are at and understand what you are going to go through.

Join me in the SUCK - we own it!
The fog is just one long kick in the balls.

Quit 5/15/13
HOF 8/22/13

Offline FuFuTheSnu

• Quitter
  • Interests: Only aspartame. I love it and I wish they would put it in the drinking water because I can't get enough of it. It is better than Breaking Bad season 5, know what I'm sayin'?
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 12:17:00 PM »
Quote from: Syndrome
man we don't make any buddy whats willin to follow the eezy program here go it a lone.

so the eezy to follow program. post up roll. get involved with your groop. get support.

the 'dipshit what nos way more then thousinds of quiterers' program. make a cuppel a posts sayin 'hay man its day xxx and im doin grate. postin rolls for dummys and i dont cuz im smrt.' well man thats goin a lone and well i aint got time for them shit heads.
Poetry
So, you see, the puppy was like industry, in that they were both lost in the woods. And nobody, especially the little boy - "society" - knew where to find 'em. Except that the puppy... was a DOG. But the industry, my friends, THAT was a revolution.

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 670
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 12:08:00 PM »
man we don't make any buddy whats willin to follow the eezy program here go it a lone.

so the eezy to follow program. post up roll. get involved with your groop. get support.

the 'dipshit what nos way more then thousinds of quiterers' program. make a cuppel a posts sayin 'hay man its day xxx and im doin grate. postin rolls for dummys and i dont cuz im smrt.' well man thats goin a lone and well i aint got time for them shit heads.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 11:50:00 AM »
Quote from: Philly80
Welcome, You just made one of the best decisions in your life. I will quit with you today. One Day at a Time!
Glad you are here.

Offline Philly80

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 11:40:00 AM »

Offline JRizzle

• Quitter
  • Interests: Love cattle, economics, working out, meeting new people and experiencing new things
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 11:19:00 AM »
Congratulations Ford!! You got this. Just think about how much freedom you'll have by giving this crap up. Every day, every hour, every minute is an opportunity to be free, to break out of the chains that have held you down for so long. It's just a decision away. Feel free to keep posting, you won't annoy anyone and it'll help you talk your way through some tough spots.
We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.

Has tobacco been so kind to you that you should leave it with regret? There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.

Come join us. Come be quit with us. Rather than slowly commit suicide, slowly regain your health. It might hurt at first, but it won't kill you. And once the birthing process is done you'll find yourself a free man. With friends. And health. And wealth. Come drink at the fountain of quit.

Offline alogan1023

• Quitter
  • To grow, leave your comfort zone!
  • Quit Date: 10-29-2012
  • Interests: Hunting, camping, hiking, photography, my kids.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 11:18:00 AM »
Welcome to YOUR quit.

You are in a boat that EVERY quit-brother/sister has ridden in - so know there is NOTHING that you will experience that no one here does not already understand or have been through.

Rely on those that reach out to you. I will PM you my numbers - you need someone to talk to? Stressed the "eff" out and need someone to scream at? Need a distraction to keep from getting your next can? Text me. Call me. Email me.

We promise ourselves on this journey - but it is even tougher to cave when you know you have others holding you accountable to your quit.

If you have not done so - make the daily promise... take it minute by minute - and stay quit.

Aaron (alogan1023) - 229

[For me, the two words "absolute" and "resolute" was my daily mantra - the toughest part is the first few weeks... then you will breathe easier...]

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 11:14:00 AM »
Quote from: Radman
Gitterdun, Fordtruckman! Dude, I was in your shoes. I chewed and dipped for 20 years, and hid it some of that time. Or at least I tried. The women in our lives are smarter than we think, but they stick around even though we lie to them. For that, your wife deserves a reward. Quit, and stay that way.

Here's the problem you're gonna have that you need to be aware of: in the next couple months, your temper is going to be all over the place. You're rage will at times come from nowhere with no warning. You MUST be prepared for that, so you don't take it out on your family and friends. They did nothing to deserve it. I didn't let my wife in on my quit until I was 50 or 60 days in. It got a lot easier after that because she realized that I didn't hate her and that I wasn't just being a prick for no reason. That's a tough one in your situation. I can't tell you how to handle it exactly, but I know you've got to be aware of it.

I'm gonna drop you a PM. Reply with anything you may need.
Oh..... go post roll.