Author Topic: On Day 11 Of Freedom  (Read 5518 times)

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4368
Re: On Day 11 Of Freedom
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2020, 04:12:59 PM »
@Firebird each quitter is allowed one introduction. I merged your new one with your original introduction.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 04:14:30 PM by MNxEngineer314 »
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Zeus

• Quitman
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 03-08-2017
  • Likes Given: 430
Re: Humbly Returning.......
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2020, 04:04:08 PM »
I am very humbly asking if I may rejoin this wonderfully supportive

I suggest you post roll call in whatever HOF group you would now be part of. Then tell that group what happened. Then go to your previous group that you belonged to and tell them why you caved.

I've had a crazy life since I quit, but I've shown up for it ever day no matter what. Do the same or you don't stand a chance.
June 2017 Quit Mafia

Offline klark

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/22/2009
  • Likes Given: 67
Re: Humbly Returning.......
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2020, 01:34:27 PM »
I am very humbly asking if I may rejoin this wonderfully supportive forum after I caved on my first try at quitting after 23 days back in March. 

Myself and my Husband contracted Covid - my symptoms were not as bad as his, he unfortunately had a dreadful time. I started back using just 2 days before we became symptomatic. I can't believe I caved - I went back to dip AND nicotine lozenges to supplement. I am so ashamed of myself!

But - I have made a fresh commitment and despite having a higher usage of nicotine than last time I quit, I am now on my 19th day of cold turkey and I really could use the roll call and camaraderie and support right now if you'll have me, please.

Hoping my old quit buddy Matt is still around on here and going strong if you're reading this, my friend.

That is a sorry ass excuse for caving, and if you are going to cave that easily with all of the resources you have here and you obviously did not use them, why should anyone on this forum trust you?
A promise not kept is the road to exile.

If quitting is cool, consider me Myles Davis.

Unless you bring value onto my 1/2 acre, I don't want to hear it.

Offline Firebird

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love the countryside, and now me and my Husband have moved to Scotland where he has found his dream job as a Conservation Forest Ranger. I breed chinchillas too - just getting started again now since the move.
  • Likes Given: 257
Humbly Returning.......
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2020, 03:22:25 PM »
I am very humbly asking if I may rejoin this wonderfully supportive forum after I caved on my first try at quitting after 23 days back in March. 

Myself and my Husband contracted Covid - my symptoms were not as bad as his, he unfortunately had a dreadful time. I started back using just 2 days before we became symptomatic. I can't believe I caved - I went back to dip AND nicotine lozenges to supplement. I am so ashamed of myself!

But - I have made a fresh commitment and despite having a higher usage of nicotine than last time I quit, I am now on my 19th day of cold turkey and I really could use the roll call and camaraderie and support right now if you'll have me, please.

Hoping my old quit buddy Matt is still around on here and going strong if you're reading this, my friend.

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2020, 07:17:26 AM »
Uuuuuuuggggghhhhhh.......... :-\

It's just after 10pm here on day 13, and I feel truly grim! Just had a couple of hours with rolling hot flashes, irritability, restless legs and the urge to scream......evenings seem to be kicking me hard, especially the last couple for some reason. Sitting here chewing my gum like a madwoman, and grateful for my supportive Husband who has been through this crap himself once before, so totally gets it.

Can anyone relate? I thought I was gonna lose it there for a bit...... :o

On a good note, as some of you may know I am in the UK right now and the price of cigarettes here has just hit $14.00 a pack!  Dip isn't widely available, so I dunno on that score but I do know that there has never been a better time to quit the nicodemon here!

The move here and having to quit dip due to availability (and my own choice too) and the miserable earlier NRT experience with lozenges has actually turned out for the good for me. Now if only things would start to calm down a little with this hell. Committed to quitting today, tomorrow and always though, but whooo - this is tough!! Respect to all the veterans here who have stayed the course and are showing us rookies the way! :)

I'm with you, Firebird. Had a hard challenge myself today. The ballfield has always been a dipping bonanza. Well, today was my son's first game since I quit (it's been raining like a bitch here in GA for the past two weeks), and dear God, I wanted a dip!!!

I didn't, though. I packed my cheek full of sunflower seeds, drank plenty of water, and switched out to a Teaza cinnamon pouch after a while. This was a test, though. It was just 2 five-inning scrimmages. Tournament days are going to be straight up hell! I'll deal with that day when it comes up, though.  For now, I beat the urge, so I'm going to bed.

In the immortal words of Don Cornelius, "I wish you love, peace, and soul!"
Matthew/GS9502

So proud of you that you held up, Matthew! Way to go!!! You've also successfully identified a major trigger for you, and used ways to cope in that situation. I am absolutely certain that you're going to make it, sir! :D

You two are in the thick of it.  Hold the line!!  It get's easier but you can't get there before you travel through here...where you are.  Sorry that was confusing but I think you get it.  Keep it up.  Stack those days and you will be grateful.

PTBQWYT my friends

Thank you, ExBearhag. This is what we need to hear from a veteran. :) I appreciate this so much.
Thanks for the support ExBearHag. My philosophy in this is, "If your path demands you to walk through hell, walk like you own the place."
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline Firebird

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love the countryside, and now me and my Husband have moved to Scotland where he has found his dream job as a Conservation Forest Ranger. I breed chinchillas too - just getting started again now since the move.
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2020, 05:58:30 AM »

It's just after 10pm here on day 13, and I feel truly grim! Just had a couple of hours with rolling hot flashes, irritability, restless legs and the urge to scream......evenings seem to be kicking me hard, especially the last couple for some reason. Sitting here chewing my gum like a madwoman, and grateful for my supportive Husband who has been through this crap himself once before, so totally gets it.

On a good note, as some of you may know I am in the UK right now and the price of cigarettes here has just hit $14.00 a pack!  Dip isn't widely available, so I dunno on that score but I do know that there has never been a better time to quit the nicodemon here!

The move here and having to quit dip due to availability (and my own choice too) and the miserable earlier NRT experience with lozenges has actually turned out for the good for me. Now if only things would start to calm down a little with this hell. Committed to quitting today, tomorrow and always though, but whooo - this is tough!! Respect to all the veterans here who have stayed the course and are showing us rookies the way! :)

I'm with you, Firebird. Had a hard challenge myself today. The ballfield has always been a dipping bonanza. Well, today was my son's first game since I quit (it's been raining like a bitch here in GA for the past two weeks), and dear God, I wanted a dip!!!

I didn't, though. I packed my cheek full of sunflower seeds, drank plenty of water, and switched out to a Teaza cinnamon pouch after a while. This was a test, though. It was just 2 five-inning scrimmages. Tournament days are going to be straight up hell! I'll deal with that day when it comes up, though.  For now, I beat the urge, so I'm going to bed.

Matthew/GS9502

So proud of you that you held up, Matthew! Way to go!!! You've also successfully identified a major trigger for you, and used ways to cope in that situation. I am absolutely certain that you're going to make it, sir! :D

You two are in the thick of it.  Hold the line!!  It get's easier but you can't get there before you travel through here...where you are.  Sorry that was confusing but I think you get it.  Keep it up.  Stack those days and you will be grateful.

PTBQWYT my friends

Thank you, ExBearhag. This is what we need to hear from a veteran. :) I appreciate this so much.

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2020, 08:00:18 PM »

Matthew/GS9502

PTBQWYT my friends

Offline Firebird

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2020, 09:09:42 AM »

Matthew/GS9502

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2020, 09:22:53 PM »

Matthew/GS9502
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline Firebird

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2020, 06:24:33 PM »

Offline Firebird

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2020, 06:35:01 AM »
Thank you so much Exbearhag and Ankape. I'm hanging in there!

I think time is going to be the big factor Exbearhag - and you can't hurry that one up! Sleep was a bit better last night. Nearly 5 hours uninterrupted! :) Frickin' sweats are still present today, though - wish I could get rid of those as well as the anxiety. I'm doing 4,7,8 breathing and my meditation app. to help.

I'm planning on having a low key day today at home - the last week or so has been a bit hectic. I'll need to keep my mind occupied though so that the nicodemon doesn't sneak in there.

Offline ankape

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 10.25.2019
  • Likes Given: 398
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2020, 11:29:18 PM »
Guys, today is panning out to be the roughest yet!!! Day 12.

The tension I have in my muscles is unreal, and feel like I want to crawl out of my skin. Everything is getting to me, but most especially these sweats when I am under even the slightest bit of pressure (I nearly flipped in the store earlier when the cashier was throwing my purchases down the chute and I was trying to keep up packing my bags).

I could sure do with some sleep, too - I have only had a max of 3 to 4 hours unbroken sleep since day 3 of my quit.

I feel like a whiny baby, and I ABSOLUTELY AM NOT GOING TO CAVE, but could do with some words of wisdom from any vets please that this too will pass.

Thank you guys!
Try to focus one day at a time (ODAAT) and maybe even 1 hour at a time. I think it really does make it easier. Worry about tomorrow or next week when thy come. Check your messages as I will shoot you my digits. Exchanging digits is normal but only through messages. Make a few relationships. Thet will come in handy when having difficult days or moments. @Firebird you can do this.

Thank you greatly, Keith! I really appreciate you reaching out to me. Still not caving, taking it OHAAT today. The kindness and camaraderie of KTC knows no bounds  :)

@Firebird. Welcome. I had similar symptoms.  I dipped continuously during the day and night and relied heavily on nicotine to deal with stress.  When I stopped, I had to change every routine in my life.  The truth is, the more time and space you put in between you and using, the "easier" it will get.  It just makes sense.  The key, as Keith mentioned, is to shorten time frames (ODAAT), make your promise EEDD (Early Every Damn Day), and make some relationships so that breaking that promise is less likely.  I've found exercise to be very helpful (even in the middle of the night).  Also, come in here (intros) and blog out how you are feeling, doing, your frustrations, rant and rage.  It's therapeutic and tracks your progress. 

You've got this girl.  Hold that line and things will improve.

PTBQWYT my friend
I nodded my head the whole time I read that. I hear you! I was once told, “good days follow bad days” and have found it to be very true. Quitting is a pendulum. You will feel great soon! Hang tough girl.
Also, like HAG said...keeping note of how you feel as you go might be very helpful later.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 11:41:38 PM by ankape »

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2020, 10:29:50 PM »

The tension I have in my muscles is unreal, and feel like I want to crawl out of my skin. Everything is getting to me, but most especially these sweats when I am under even the slightest bit of pressure (I nearly flipped in the store earlier when the cashier was throwing my purchases down the chute and I was trying to keep up packing my bags).

I could sure do with some sleep, too - I have only had a max of 3 to 4 hours unbroken sleep since day 3 of my quit.

I feel like a whiny baby, and I ABSOLUTELY AM NOT GOING TO CAVE, but could do with some words of wisdom from any vets please that this too will pass.

Thank you guys!
Try to focus one day at a time (ODAAT) and maybe even 1 hour at a time. I think it really does make it easier. Worry about tomorrow or next week when thy come. Check your messages as I will shoot you my digits. Exchanging digits is normal but only through messages. Make a few relationships. Thet will come in handy when having difficult days or moments. @Firebird you can do this.

Thank you greatly, Keith! I really appreciate you reaching out to me. Still not caving, taking it OHAAT today. The kindness and camaraderie of KTC knows no bounds  :)

@Firebird. Welcome. I had similar symptoms.  I dipped continuously during the day and night and relied heavily on nicotine to deal with stress.  When I stopped, I had to change every routine in my life.  The truth is, the more time and space you put in between you and using, the "easier" it will get.  It just makes sense.  The key, as Keith mentioned, is to shorten time frames (ODAAT), make your promise EEDD (Early Every Damn Day), and make some relationships so that breaking that promise is less likely.  I've found exercise to be very helpful (even in the middle of the night).  Also, come in here (intros) and blog out how you are feeling, doing, your frustrations, rant and rage.  It's therapeutic and tracks your progress. 

You've got this girl.  Hold that line and things will improve.

PTBQWYT my friend

Offline Firebird

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2020, 05:13:17 PM »

Thank you guys!

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2030
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2020, 03:10:08 PM »

Thank you guys!
Jan19