Author Topic: I refuse to be defined by the chains that bound me...I am a quitter!  (Read 39430 times)

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
Re: 2nd time retread
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2017, 08:39:00 PM »
I always thought dipping was reserved for only country boys and girls, rednecks, cowboys, etc. I'm kinda redneck country. Since getting to know a lot of these fine folks though, I see that stupid nicotine bullshit in a little can has garnered the attention of all walks of life. Oh well...past is past. I'm glad to be quit with all you guys.

Broc.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2017, 08:51:00 AM »
I always liked helping the new quitters when the drama died down. Don't worry, there will always be new drama. Until then stay strong!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2017, 04:54:00 PM »
I just read these words now, and I'm glad to see them. I'm working hard at being less of an asshole and more of a support on here. Thanks worktowin for taking the time to respond when I need it. I'm not going to let dip win this fight, so whatever it takes.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2017, 07:18:00 AM »
Quote from: PhuctUp
Quote from: worktowin
Great update!

Well, sir, we are all much more similar than it would seem. It was smart to reach out here. I reached the same point where you are, but it took me a little longer. I seriously, and I mean seriously, considered leaving. Instead, I came to the intros and I read and read. And when I found a dude that I could relate to, I posted on their intro. I picked a couple of guys a month for the next couple of years and I dumped everything I had into keeping them quit. I texted them. I met several in person across the country. I posted in their intros. I know their kids names, their joys and their sadness, and in the process made some very very good friends. I had disappointments along the way, but they were few in number and i learned from each one.

These men i would trust with my life. And in the process of helping them, they helped me even more. The heart of this lesson... I failed myself for 25 years. But the thought of having to tell... Andy, Scott, Jerry, Brett, Ryan,Nick, Ron, Tiffany, Eric, Ross, Dave, Dwayne, Bryan, Todd, Shane, Alvin, Mike, Christopher... (you get the idea) that I just dont care about the battle we fought together, so I caved... Is not a conversation that I can imagine ever having. These men (Tiffany is bad ass so im sure she has balls) and i fought together, win together, and i will not fail them.

You have a gift with words. You can help some guys, and help yourself too. At this point in your quit there is more to gain from giving than there is from taking.... This is my advice to you.
I needed to read this and, as he called it on text today, Brocc's "rambling sob shit." We've kinda hit a wall it seems at the same time. The site isn't that much fun right now, there's no in-fighting that kept it fun for several weeks, we're at that point where we're on deck for HOF but it's just a lull. There is such a rush with this place the first month or so, where you're learning how to live without dip, all the highs and lows of life, the comings and goings of the guys who will be your quit brothers and sisters, and just the whole fog and hourly battle of it. Now we're just in a place where we are basically trying to reinvent, rebrand, and reinvigorate ourselves in life without dip (and Brocc and I now have alcohol in common, at least for his little hiatus.) It's just a dead period, and I have felt it, too. WTW, I appreciate your insight into what you did at the same juncture in your quit.

And Brocc, when you find what you're searching for, let me know. I ain't found it either. But I'll quit with you again tomorrow and the next day until we find it.
Guys I have one more suggestion. This will be a mental one...

Right now you are fighting a battle. I referenced this in my earlier reply also, but each day is a fight where you win the battle - but the fight is wearing you out. If you adjust your mindset to focusing on the winning, celebrating your X days of win after X days of loss... The mental aspect of this gets easier. Sounds nutty, but focusing on how great you are doing instead of how hard this is will give you that extra push.

This gets so much better guys. Keep the faith. One foot in front of the other. There is greatness ahead.

Offline PhuctUp

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-05-28
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2017, 12:23:00 AM »
Great update!

Well, sir, we are all much more similar than it would seem. It was smart to reach out here. I reached the same point where you are, but it took me a little longer. I seriously, and I mean seriously, considered leaving. Instead, I came to the intros and I read and read. And when I found a dude that I could relate to, I posted on their intro. I picked a couple of guys a month for the next couple of years and I dumped everything I had into keeping them quit. I texted them. I met several in person across the country. I posted in their intros. I know their kids names, their joys and their sadness, and in the process made some very very good friends. I had disappointments along the way, but they were few in number and i learned from each one.

These men i would trust with my life. And in the process of helping them, they helped me even more. The heart of this lesson... I failed myself for 25 years. But the thought of having to tell... Andy, Scott, Jerry, Brett, Ryan,Nick, Ron, Tiffany, Eric, Ross, Dave, Dwayne, Bryan, Todd, Shane, Alvin, Mike, Christopher... (you get the idea) that I just dont care about the battle we fought together, so I caved... Is not a conversation that I can imagine ever having. These men (Tiffany is bad ass so im sure she has balls) and i fought together, win together, and i will not fail them.

You have a gift with words. You can help some guys, and help yourself too. At this point in your quit there is more to gain from giving than there is from taking.... This is my advice to you.
I needed to read this and, as he called it on text today, Brocc's "rambling sob shit." We've kinda hit a wall it seems at the same time. The site isn't that much fun right now, there's no in-fighting that kept it fun for several weeks, we're at that point where we're on deck for HOF but it's just a lull. There is such a rush with this place the first month or so, where you're learning how to live without dip, all the highs and lows of life, the comings and goings of the guys who will be your quit brothers and sisters, and just the whole fog and hourly battle of it. Now we're just in a place where we are basically trying to reinvent, rebrand, and reinvigorate ourselves in life without dip (and Brocc and I now have alcohol in common, at least for his little hiatus.) It's just a dead period, and I have felt it, too. WTW, I appreciate your insight into what you did at the same juncture in your quit.

And Brocc, when you find what you're searching for, let me know. I ain't found it either. But I'll quit with you again tomorrow and the next day until we find it.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2017, 10:47:00 PM »
Great update!

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2017, 02:58:00 PM »
I posted this in September, but I didn't want to lose the thoughts, so I'm putting them here too.

Sometimes, it's necessary to take a look at the past to remember who you used to be, what you did that you want to change. Sometimes, it helps to really analyze that shit. Lately, I've been a little bored with this site. Ever since April and March came over here to fuck with us, it's just seemed dead. And then new rules were put in place about messing with roll headers and such. The infighting was fun because it gave me an outlet. Now I feel like I have none, and I want to pull away from the site. Work is ramping way up again like it did last year. I feel as if it gives me a good excuse to back off and become a post and ghoster. But it also reminds me of the way I was last year about this time in my quit. I was lethargic about my quit. I used work as a huge excuse. I had guys texting me daily to try to find me to post promise. And then one day I just didn't post a promise. I had a planned cave, and then I came on here defending it, romanticizing it, making it sound ok, because hey it wasn't dip, and it wouldn't lead to me dipping. But then it did lead to me dipping, and it led to me upping my usage to about a can and a half a day for another 9 months before I'd decide to quit, and quit for good. All forms of nicotine. I spent another $2,000 on dip during that time. I hid that shit from my daughter. I flaunted it everywhere else cause i wasn't going to live in the closet. People would know I dipped, like it had some inherent nobility about it. Two grand. Hiding. Looking like an idiot. Nasty bottles in my truck, falling asleep with a dip in and waking up to that shit all over the sheets, always jonesing, preplaning time with my daughter and trips around rolls I had, etc etc.

What I'm saying is I don't want to go back there. I'm still posting my promise daily. I need something to keep me connected here besides just being an asshole. I don't want to fade away. I was an arrogant prick, and I know I have it in me to be that way again. I don't want to...I don't want to justify a fucking cave. I'm scared that I will, that this is a freaking pattern. Last time, I smoked that cigar, and then started dipping again because I was bored with my quit. Truthfully, that's why it was. I wasn't craving that bad, it wasn't insurmountable. It was boredom. A new challenge. See if I could become a social nicotine user. I couldn't. But that doesn't stop the nic bitch from seductively whispering in my ear. So I need something here. Maybe a primer and access to the SSOA. Maybe something else. But I need an escape from life's pressure somehow. Or maybe I don't...maybe I need to finally learn how to be a fucking man, stare that shit in the eye, not back down, but not give in either. I'm searching...what the fuck am I searching for?

For reference...this was my stupid son of a bitch ass last year:
Quote from: CavMan83
Quote from: Candoit
Quote from: CavMan83
Quote from: Medic
Quote from: Dipbegone
Quote from: bdsqueeze
Quote from: Brown71
Quote from: Broccoli-saurus
Hey guys, I didn't post a promise today, and this is why. I came to KTC to kill the can of death that I carried in my pocket for 8 years. I have done so, and frankly, have no desire to take another dip. Well I do, but I keep that shit at bay with my teaza and my unwillingness to waver from my commitment that I made to myself not to dip. I'm not dipping, and I have no desire to return to that way of life. However, last night, I went out to watch football with some friends and one of the guys brought cigars. I've always liked an occasional cigar, going back way before my dipping days. I smoked a sublime tatuaje and watched the game.

Now, I know that's not kosher with KTC and I believe I must now be kicked out of the group as a dirty lowlife caver. I have not caved in my promise to myself and I will not, with or without the site. Cigars will not be my gateway to dip. I won't start smoking a cigar or two daily. I'm not going to start chain smoking lucky strikes. I'd have more of a chance of sprouting wings and popping a unicorn out of my ass when I try to let out a silent fart. Not gonna happen. BSR texted me about my promise today and asked if I was going to post a day 1 in January. I am not going to post a day 1 and I'm not answering any 3 questions because my commitment to quit dip has not wavered. I want you guys to know that I'm proud of every single damn one of you and I thank you for your support through this.

Carry on October. Y'all are fucking awesome!
You know, in the past I would attack you and call you all sorts of nasty names, but I am not gonna. There is little point, you won't listen and frankly you don't give a shit about your word. Carry on with your life, if and when you actually want to quit...you can answer the questions.
'Popcorn' 'Popcorn' 'Popcorn' 'Popcorn'
Addict talk. You ingested nic. You sucked the brown cancer cock. This may be kill the can but the basis of this site is NIC free and keeping your word. You did neither. If you choose to quit answer with reflection in this group and show some guts in January. That's a good but young group and they don't need more mind fucked.

Most would say cigar, you romanticized it by personal name. I've seen this many times reading through history here. Either regain trust and work at this as priority 1 or don't waste these fine quitters time.
No. Fuck this bullshit. Not on the eve of the Dumpster Fire reaching the HOF.

Brocc, bottom line here is that you KNEW what you were doing wasn't kosher at KTC, and yet you chose to do it anyway. Rationalize it anyway you'd like, just do it somewhere else. Do it here at KTC, do it in your bedroom, do it in your car, I don't care...just take it somewhere else. Don't waltz in here on what should be a celebratory time for us, and act like you don't give a shit, because somehow in your twisted addict brain, you DIDN'T fuck up. Normally, I'm pretty easygoing with cavers...hell, I AM one, but coming in here with that cavalier attitude, man, fuck off. We're celebrating, and I'm not gonna give this bullshit another thought. Good luck, but with your attitude, you don't need luck, because you've got this all figured out.
This from his "interests" line on his profile page:

"Fuck that nicotine crap. I'm done with letting it rule my life."

Guess he didn't know that cigars contained nicotine......
Dude what you get bored with the intern or something? Come in here like we are wrong.... your the one that can not read the header under which you posted your "promise". New Bad-Ass Quitters: Place your name and promise NOT to use nicotine in any form today below here: But i guess you know better than us anyways, because cigars arent a gateway just like dumpstet fires arent awesome.
Add complete lack of integrity to his resume....

He posted yesterday at 3:25pm according to the timestamp.....the game started what, at 8:00pm? didn't even make it six hours between posting the promise and sucking on a nicotine log.....

Yeah he just needs to go away and this is my last posting about it. Pathetic is one useful adjective here....

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2017, 07:03:00 AM »
Day 40 Update.

This is the first week that I really feel good. I mean, I had some good days in there, but last week was constant fog, cravings, and irritability. I retained a fraction of the irritability, but the fog is gone for now. I do have a recurring sore mouth/throat. It goes away for a few days, then it returns for a couple. I'm really hoping it's just the healing process and not an indication of something a lot worse. I'm staying active on my quit group and on KTC in general, jacking with march any chance possible, and making April's title have truth to it. Crossfit is going well, and I'm starting to get a bit better in my workouts. I started a zone clean type diet this week, and will transition to Rennisance Periodization next week. Pretty stoked about that. I'm about 40-50 pounds overweight, 15 of that coming by way of my first month of quit. Ready to knock it down some.

I'm also very aware that this is coming up to the time that I got complacent in my quit last time and caved. I'm being proactive here, staying involved, staying aware, and keeping in a lot closer contact with my BIQ. They are my lifeline and a few of us have been texting a lot about the group, our individual quits and struggles, and everyday life. It's good to be building those relationships.

There's one group member that I took under my wing early on that caved this week. He reminded me a lot of last years version of me. He wasn't serious about his quit, like I wasn't serious about my quit. He caved and it strengthened my resolve to see this through. ODAAT, but I'm looking forward to seeing my grandchildren grow up years from now without a dip in my lip.

I quit with all of KTC today.
How did his cave make you feel bro? Did it make you angry? Were you pissed about the time and effort you wasted on him? Did you feel let down by his actions?
It did make me angry and I was let down. And it made me think about what bdsqueeze, Big Shot Rob, Edward, and some of the other dumpster fire guys probably thought of me. I'm here now though, and I think in the end I'll make them proud. I think about their commitment to me and to the group sometimes. Wish I had made it different, but I didn't.
Nice answer. I think you are on the right path bro.
All that matters is YOUR quit, not mine, not their caves, just you. Be selfish with your quit, I know I am. I have seen 1000+ dudes cave - that only makes me stronger.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2017, 02:25:00 PM »
Day 40 Update.

This is the first week that I really feel good. I mean, I had some good days in there, but last week was constant fog, cravings, and irritability. I retained a fraction of the irritability, but the fog is gone for now. I do have a recurring sore mouth/throat. It goes away for a few days, then it returns for a couple. I'm really hoping it's just the healing process and not an indication of something a lot worse. I'm staying active on my quit group and on KTC in general, jacking with march any chance possible, and making April's title have truth to it. Crossfit is going well, and I'm starting to get a bit better in my workouts. I started a zone clean type diet this week, and will transition to Rennisance Periodization next week. Pretty stoked about that. I'm about 40-50 pounds overweight, 15 of that coming by way of my first month of quit. Ready to knock it down some.

I'm also very aware that this is coming up to the time that I got complacent in my quit last time and caved. I'm being proactive here, staying involved, staying aware, and keeping in a lot closer contact with my BIQ. They are my lifeline and a few of us have been texting a lot about the group, our individual quits and struggles, and everyday life. It's good to be building those relationships.

There's one group member that I took under my wing early on that caved this week. He reminded me a lot of last years version of me. He wasn't serious about his quit, like I wasn't serious about my quit. He caved and it strengthened my resolve to see this through. ODAAT, but I'm looking forward to seeing my grandchildren grow up years from now without a dip in my lip.

How did his cave make you feel bro? Did it make you angry? Were you pissed about the time and effort you wasted on him? Did you feel let down by his actions?
It did make me angry and I was let down. And it made me think about what bdsqueeze, Big Shot Rob, Edward, and some of the other dumpster fire guys probably thought of me. I'm here now though, and I think in the end I'll make them proud. I think about their commitment to me and to the group sometimes. Wish I had made it different, but I didn't.
Nice answer. I think you are on the right path bro.

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2017, 11:47:00 AM »
Day 40 Update.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2017, 09:01:00 PM »
Day 40 Update.

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2017, 10:51:00 AM »
Day 40 Update.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2017, 02:16:00 PM »
Quote from: imBushe
Quote from: Thumblewort
So many big swinging dicks in here it is amazing any Quit happens at all.

Obviously, he struggled with his quit the first half dozen times, but I understand why he took offense to the first thing said to him when he came in here.

Applejack - Who gives a fuck if you quit the first time? Congrats. Plenty of good men and women quit the second or the third. You are in no way superior to any of them for quitting the first time. If you think you are, then you are missing the point. If you want to be the bigger man, be the bigger man. Tell Broccoli why the reaction to what Thumblewort said was wrong, don't shit on him for being ignorant.

Broccoli - Awesome that you are here. I don't care that you failed before. Don't fail this time. Thumblewort pointed out a flaw in your thinking. Accept that, or be prepared to fail again. The addition of pointing out your previous attempts is the way to emphasize how you thinking led to your mistakes. Take it as constructive criticism. You have an addiction and you have a habit of losing to it. If you cannot accept that, you will be here again. Like I said before, come hang out in June. Give your number out. If you are mad and want to scream at something, find me! I can handle it.
Please stop recognizing my BSD. It is making the lesser among us feel uncomfortable.
It is like Highlander, we can sense each other, but there can BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!
For a little biography on my non-BSD features.... I promised myself almost every single day for about 25 years that "today I will quit." I threw out probably 2,000 or more half fullcans of kodiak, only to stop at the gas station first thing the next morning to buy another can. Every day I lied to and failed myself. In addition to the monumental BSD Referenced to and admired lovingly in this thread... I'm pretty, on paper, successful. I have a great job. Hot wife. I like to win, and I work to win. But every day for over 9,000 days I failed myself. Every day I worked to win, and yet there was a big pattern of fail at only one thing...

Until 1,664 days ago. That's when I found this place. I have my word, and I kept it. I cried, I shook with anxiety and fear, but I reached out to my brothers here on ktc, and together we won. My pattern of fail became a win together. I will not fail my team, haven't missed a day and won't.

My group started with iver 200 members. On a good day we now have 8. Retreads pop up now and then and we scream at them and smack them around, they need to recognize that their failure hurt our team. And that in order to come back the have to endure a well deserved hazing of sorts. Clearly the mindset that they had didn't work. I believe my mindset does.

I hope this long winded diatribe helps. it is my opinion that no one is swinging their (smaller than mine) BSD around to be an ass. They are doing it to help in a way that has worked so many times here. Post roll. Every fucking day. As soon as your eyeballs open. Keep your word. If you are a liar or sociopath, leave... this place isn't for you. Reach out for help... there are thousands of us that will stop whatever we are doing to help a newbie quit. Keep your word! Do the same thing tomorrow.

Worktowin drops the ?
This HSD applauds the BSD.
HSD is horribly small right?

The best thing about this place is that people can be quick to forgive and move on. The guy you just called a PoS may be the first person to respond when you need somebody, and that is what acceptance is.

With all the SDs in here, big and small, I'm amazed nobody has started filming. BTW that wasn't a mic you dropped....
You want pics?????
I only exchange.
You run cock's R us, amirite? BTW, I forgot my password...

Offline imBushe

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-03-07
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2017, 02:53:00 PM »

Obviously, he struggled with his quit the first half dozen times, but I understand why he took offense to the first thing said to him when he came in here.

Applejack - Who gives a fuck if you quit the first time? Congrats. Plenty of good men and women quit the second or the third. You are in no way superior to any of them for quitting the first time. If you think you are, then you are missing the point. If you want to be the bigger man, be the bigger man. Tell Broccoli why the reaction to what Thumblewort said was wrong, don't shit on him for being ignorant.

Broccoli - Awesome that you are here. I don't care that you failed before. Don't fail this time. Thumblewort pointed out a flaw in your thinking. Accept that, or be prepared to fail again. The addition of pointing out your previous attempts is the way to emphasize how you thinking led to your mistakes. Take it as constructive criticism. You have an addiction and you have a habit of losing to it. If you cannot accept that, you will be here again. Like I said before, come hang out in June. Give your number out. If you are mad and want to scream at something, find me! I can handle it.
Please stop recognizing my BSD. It is making the lesser among us feel uncomfortable.
It is like Highlander, we can sense each other, but there can BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!
For a little biography on my non-BSD features.... I promised myself almost every single day for about 25 years that "today I will quit." I threw out probably 2,000 or more half fullcans of kodiak, only to stop at the gas station first thing the next morning to buy another can. Every day I lied to and failed myself. In addition to the monumental BSD Referenced to and admired lovingly in this thread... I'm pretty, on paper, successful. I have a great job. Hot wife. I like to win, and I work to win. But every day for over 9,000 days I failed myself. Every day I worked to win, and yet there was a big pattern of fail at only one thing...

Until 1,664 days ago. That's when I found this place. I have my word, and I kept it. I cried, I shook with anxiety and fear, but I reached out to my brothers here on ktc, and together we won. My pattern of fail became a win together. I will not fail my team, haven't missed a day and won't.

My group started with iver 200 members. On a good day we now have 8. Retreads pop up now and then and we scream at them and smack them around, they need to recognize that their failure hurt our team. And that in order to come back the have to endure a well deserved hazing of sorts. Clearly the mindset that they had didn't work. I believe my mindset does.

I hope this long winded diatribe helps. it is my opinion that no one is swinging their (smaller than mine) BSD around to be an ass. They are doing it to help in a way that has worked so many times here. Post roll. Every fucking day. As soon as your eyeballs open. Keep your word. If you are a liar or sociopath, leave... this place isn't for you. Reach out for help... there are thousands of us that will stop whatever we are doing to help a newbie quit. Keep your word! Do the same thing tomorrow.

Worktowin drops the ?

The best thing about this place is that people can be quick to forgive and move on. The guy you just called a PoS may be the first person to respond when you need somebody, and that is what acceptance is.

With all the SDs in here, big and small, I'm amazed nobody has started filming. BTW that wasn't a mic you dropped....
You want pics?????
I only exchange.
Actually, You DON'T disagree with me. You THINK you disagree with me, but you're mistaken. You're simply experiencing an illusion caused by the limits of your comprehension. -Dilbert

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2017, 02:49:00 PM »

Worktowin drops the ?

You want pics?????