Author Topic: I refuse to be defined by the chains that bound me...I am a quitter!  (Read 39430 times)

Offline imBushe

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-03-07
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 2nd time retread
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2017, 02:43:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: imBushe
So many big swinging dicks in here it is amazing any Quit happens at all.

Obviously, he struggled with his quit the first half dozen times, but I understand why he took offense to the first thing said to him when he came in here.

Applejack - Who gives a fuck if you quit the first time? Congrats. Plenty of good men and women quit the second or the third. You are in no way superior to any of them for quitting the first time. If you think you are, then you are missing the point. If you want to be the bigger man, be the bigger man. Tell Broccoli why the reaction to what Thumblewort said was wrong, don't shit on him for being ignorant.

Broccoli - Awesome that you are here. I don't care that you failed before. Don't fail this time. Thumblewort pointed out a flaw in your thinking. Accept that, or be prepared to fail again. The addition of pointing out your previous attempts is the way to emphasize how you thinking led to your mistakes. Take it as constructive criticism. You have an addiction and you have a habit of losing to it. If you cannot accept that, you will be here again. Like I said before, come hang out in June. Give your number out. If you are mad and want to scream at something, find me! I can handle it.
Please stop recognizing my BSD. It is making the lesser among us feel uncomfortable.
It is like Highlander, we can sense each other, but there can BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!
For a little biography on my non-BSD features.... I promised myself almost every single day for about 25 years that "today I will quit." I threw out probably 2,000 or more half fullcans of kodiak, only to stop at the gas station first thing the next morning to buy another can. Every day I lied to and failed myself. In addition to the monumental BSD Referenced to and admired lovingly in this thread... I'm pretty, on paper, successful. I have a great job. Hot wife. I like to win, and I work to win. But every day for over 9,000 days I failed myself. Every day I worked to win, and yet there was a big pattern of fail at only one thing...

Until 1,664 days ago. That's when I found this place. I have my word, and I kept it. I cried, I shook with anxiety and fear, but I reached out to my brothers here on ktc, and together we won. My pattern of fail became a win together. I will not fail my team, haven't missed a day and won't.

My group started with iver 200 members. On a good day we now have 8. Retreads pop up now and then and we scream at them and smack them around, they need to recognize that their failure hurt our team. And that in order to come back the have to endure a well deserved hazing of sorts. Clearly the mindset that they had didn't work. I believe my mindset does.

I hope this long winded diatribe helps. it is my opinion that no one is swinging their (smaller than mine) BSD around to be an ass. They are doing it to help in a way that has worked so many times here. Post roll. Every fucking day. As soon as your eyeballs open. Keep your word. If you are a liar or sociopath, leave... this place isn't for you. Reach out for help... there are thousands of us that will stop whatever we are doing to help a newbie quit. Keep your word! Do the same thing tomorrow.

Worktowin drops the ?
This HSD applauds the BSD.
HSD is horribly small right?

The best thing about this place is that people can be quick to forgive and move on. The guy you just called a PoS may be the first person to respond when you need somebody, and that is what acceptance is.

With all the SDs in here, big and small, I'm amazed nobody has started filming. BTW that wasn't a mic you dropped....
Actually, You DON'T disagree with me. You THINK you disagree with me, but you're mistaken. You're simply experiencing an illusion caused by the limits of your comprehension. -Dilbert

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2017, 02:10:00 PM »

Obviously, he struggled with his quit the first half dozen times, but I understand why he took offense to the first thing said to him when he came in here.

Applejack - Who gives a fuck if you quit the first time? Congrats. Plenty of good men and women quit the second or the third. You are in no way superior to any of them for quitting the first time. If you think you are, then you are missing the point. If you want to be the bigger man, be the bigger man. Tell Broccoli why the reaction to what Thumblewort said was wrong, don't shit on him for being ignorant.

Broccoli - Awesome that you are here. I don't care that you failed before. Don't fail this time. Thumblewort pointed out a flaw in your thinking. Accept that, or be prepared to fail again. The addition of pointing out your previous attempts is the way to emphasize how you thinking led to your mistakes. Take it as constructive criticism. You have an addiction and you have a habit of losing to it. If you cannot accept that, you will be here again. Like I said before, come hang out in June. Give your number out. If you are mad and want to scream at something, find me! I can handle it.
Please stop recognizing my BSD. It is making the lesser among us feel uncomfortable.
It is like Highlander, we can sense each other, but there can BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!
For a little biography on my non-BSD features.... I promised myself almost every single day for about 25 years that "today I will quit." I threw out probably 2,000 or more half fullcans of kodiak, only to stop at the gas station first thing the next morning to buy another can. Every day I lied to and failed myself. In addition to the monumental BSD Referenced to and admired lovingly in this thread... I'm pretty, on paper, successful. I have a great job. Hot wife. I like to win, and I work to win. But every day for over 9,000 days I failed myself. Every day I worked to win, and yet there was a big pattern of fail at only one thing...

Until 1,664 days ago. That's when I found this place. I have my word, and I kept it. I cried, I shook with anxiety and fear, but I reached out to my brothers here on ktc, and together we won. My pattern of fail became a win together. I will not fail my team, haven't missed a day and won't.

My group started with iver 200 members. On a good day we now have 8. Retreads pop up now and then and we scream at them and smack them around, they need to recognize that their failure hurt our team. And that in order to come back the have to endure a well deserved hazing of sorts. Clearly the mindset that they had didn't work. I believe my mindset does.

I hope this long winded diatribe helps. it is my opinion that no one is swinging their (smaller than mine) BSD around to be an ass. They are doing it to help in a way that has worked so many times here. Post roll. Every fucking day. As soon as your eyeballs open. Keep your word. If you are a liar or sociopath, leave... this place isn't for you. Reach out for help... there are thousands of us that will stop whatever we are doing to help a newbie quit. Keep your word! Do the same thing tomorrow.

Worktowin drops the ?
This HSD applauds the BSD.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2017, 02:08:00 PM »

Worktowin drops the ?

Offline imBushe

• Quitter
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2017, 01:51:00 PM »

Actually, You DON'T disagree with me. You THINK you disagree with me, but you're mistaken. You're simply experiencing an illusion caused by the limits of your comprehension. -Dilbert

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2017, 12:27:00 PM »

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2017, 11:21:00 AM »
Thanks guys, I'm about to PM both of you my digits, and I'll work on telling myself I'm an addict.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2017, 11:17:00 AM »
Part of being an addict is knowing that I am one bad decision away from stopping at the gas station and throwing 3 years away. I built a network of quitters that I'd have to ask permission to use dip again before I did that. They have become my friends, and I fear their disappointment more than I would my wife and kids, that's how strong my bonds are with them. If I don't post roll by noon (Eastern) I would have 5 - 10 texts looking in on me, most of which would be in line of "post roll asshole" or "what's wrong pussy". Subsequently, it's been well over a year since that has happened because I believe in the system and it works. The negativity doesn't work for all, but I know it did for me.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline imBushe

• Quitter
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2017, 11:07:00 AM »

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2017, 10:59:00 AM »
Quote from: Broccoli-saurus
Quote from: Bulldog0311
Not a habit, it's an addiction, no wonder you can't quit. Don't you have an original intro somewhere?
Man I'm glad I'm not you, negative nancy.

She understands habits...she doesn't understand the difference between that and addiction yet. I'm sure we'll have other convos. And I can quit. I am Quit. 34 days of quit now, asswipe.

If you care about my original intro so much, why don't you find it, then PM a mod to merge these two? Or just ask a question that I've already provided the answer to, that seems easier.
Wow. Just fucking wow.

You'd hate to be Thumblewort?

You should be honored to be Thumblewort. He has a three year legendary quit and has helped hundreds of addicts get quit while you were caving. Twice.

To be honest with you as a two time caver you should expect the vets to kick your balls around a bit. For as an innocuous a comment as Thumblewort made for you to start calling him names really pissed me off. You yourself said you got indignant and caved back in the day. I think you're getting indignant again. Maybe you need to look at that.

His comment wasn't even that harsh man. With two caves under your belt it's reasonable to assume you may not be getting it. When you called this a habit I thought the same thing, "Maybe this dude can't admit he's an addict." Thumblewort's response was low key man and you shit on him. Maybe you should look at his quit and ask him for advice instead of putting your granny panties on and calling people names for telling you the truth.

My .02 cents.

Take it or leave it. Use it or don't. My suspicion is I'm talking to the addict inside broccoli-saurus and that dude can kiss my ass. I hope the quitter in Broccoli-Saurus will get the message and understand it. Stay quit man.
He said I can't quit.

In reality I am quit. In the past, I have failed, but that doesn't define who I am today.
Why are you using the word habit? It's a big step calling yourself an addict - I know I had a hard time doing so, but in the end realizing we are helpless to nicotine makes the quit easier. There are people who smoke and drink on "special " occasions, and then do not use for weeks or months. I can't do that, I'm an addict.
You're absolutely correct, and it is hard for me to jump to calling myself an addict. It seems like such a terrible failing of personal character. I'll work on drilling it into my thick skull.
Addiction is NOT a failing, it's a disease. That's all I need to hear from you, is that you will work on it. If you want my digits, PM me, I send weird texts as well as life saving ones. No dick pics, I swear.

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2017, 10:55:00 AM »
Not a habit, it's an addiction, no wonder you can't quit. Don't you have an original intro somewhere?

She understands habits...she doesn't understand the difference between that and addiction yet. I'm sure we'll have other convos. And I can quit. I am Quit. 34 days of quit now, asswipe.

If you care about my original intro so much, why don't you find it, then PM a mod to merge these two? Or just ask a question that I've already provided the answer to, that seems easier.
Wow. Just fucking wow.

You should be honored to be Thumblewort. He has a three year legendary quit and has helped hundreds of addicts get quit while you were caving. Twice.

To be honest with you as a two time caver you should expect the vets to kick your balls around a bit. For as an innocuous a comment as Thumblewort made for you to start calling him names really pissed me off. You yourself said you got indignant and caved back in the day. I think you're getting indignant again. Maybe you need to look at that.

His comment wasn't even that harsh man. With two caves under your belt it's reasonable to assume you may not be getting it. When you called this a habit I thought the same thing, "Maybe this dude can't admit he's an addict." Thumblewort's response was low key man and you shit on him. Maybe you should look at his quit and ask him for advice instead of putting your granny panties on and calling people names for telling you the truth.

My .02 cents.

Take it or leave it. Use it or don't. My suspicion is I'm talking to the addict inside broccoli-saurus and that dude can kiss my ass. I hope the quitter in Broccoli-Saurus will get the message and understand it. Stay quit man.
He said I can't quit.

In reality I am quit. In the past, I have failed, but that doesn't define who I am today.
Why are you using the word habit? It's a big step calling yourself an addict - I know I had a hard time doing so, but in the end realizing we are helpless to nicotine makes the quit easier. There are people who smoke and drink on "special " occasions, and then do not use for weeks or months. I can't do that, I'm an addict.
You're absolutely correct, and it is hard for me to jump to calling myself an addict. It seems like such a terrible failing of personal character. I'll work on drilling it into my thick skull.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2017, 10:46:00 AM »

Wow. Just fucking wow.

My .02 cents.

He said I can't quit.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2017, 10:29:00 AM »
Quote from: AppleJack

Hey... 3rd time around boy... STFU.

Thumble owned his shit the first time. He's a stud.
I owned my shit the first time. I'm a stud.

Ya feel me?
The. First. Time.

You're trying.
Again.
For the 3rd time.

If it were up to me you'd be gone because of your weak taint.

Keep your head down.
Quit.
Keep your false bravado to yourself.
Quit.
Own it this time.
Quit.

One and done. That's how real Quitters do it.
You have to prove yourself to us true vets.
Until you do... STFU.

I'm proud of you and your accomplishments. I haven't had them...yet. However, there's plenty of people that have failed and came back from it. Here's some in the business world.

https://www.entrepreneur.com/slideshow/219445

There's a few in the quit world too. Medic from October16 is a name that comes to mind.

So don't trash me...you don't know me and you have no idea what I'm capable of.
My Quit track record... perfection.

Yours... not so much. A few times over.

Clam your bravado and prove yourself.

You have a ways to go.
Get 'er done.
So you're telling me that you've never tried to quit, even before KTC? Because most people try to throw that can out on their own, before realizing that they might need a little accountability or something. You're saying you dipped for X number of years, then decided to quit, and googled best ways to quit, found KTC, and this was your very FIRST attempt at quitting, thus making you perfect?

Look, I'm glad you're proud of what you've done. I'm happy for you. And you can stand up there on your pedestal screaming look at me, look at what I've done. I came back here, hat in hand, with humility when I found my group. I answered the questions and they accepted my sorry caving ass back into the fold. I have 35 days quit and I promise with you today, AppleJackOff....I will not use today.
Well, bub, believe me or not, that's exactly what I'm telling you...

I chewed for 25 years and never, NEVER, tried to quit. Ever. I was the worst kinda junkie. My wife texted me a link to the site one day and, yeah, this place was what I needed. Quit. Once.

Right or wrong, I have zero patience for the multi try mentality. One cave?... I can understand (I will still holler "bs"). This shit IS hard. After that?... nope. Take that weak sauce somewhere else. IMO you don't belong here. Do I have a superiority complex? Abso-Fuckin'-Lutely, and I will not apologize for it. A hard line on battling addiction needs to be drawn and NO give on that line should be allowed. It means some people will be left behind because they can't handle it. So be it. So... agree with me or not... make noise in my general direction... take pot shots at my name (you have room to talk!?!)... I don't really care. Despite your track record and my well earned opinion of it, I hope like hell you make this work, man. I really freakin' do...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline JRan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Golf, sex
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2017, 09:20:00 AM »

Ya feel me?
The. First. Time.

You're trying.
Again.
For the 3rd time.

Keep your head down.
Quit.
Quit.
Own it this time.
Quit.

Until you do... STFU.

I'm proud of you and your accomplishments. I haven't had them...yet. However, there's plenty of people that have failed and came back from it. Here's some in the business world.

There's a few in the quit world too. Medic from October16 is a name that comes to mind.

You have a ways to go.
Get 'er done.
So you're telling me that you've never tried to quit, even before KTC? Because most people try to throw that can out on their own, before realizing that they might need a little accountability or something. You're saying you dipped for X number of years, then decided to quit, and googled best ways to quit, found KTC, and this was your very FIRST attempt at quitting, thus making you perfect?

Look, I'm glad you're proud of what you've done. I'm happy for you. And you can stand up there on your pedestal screaming look at me, look at what I've done. I came back here, hat in hand, with humility when I found my group. I answered the questions and they accepted my sorry caving ass back into the fold. I have 35 days quit and I promise with you today, AppleJackOff....I will not use today.
Pride comes before the fall. What I have learned from this site is that the only quit that is "perfection" is to quit today. It doesn't matter whether you are 40 days or 400 days or 4,000 days...a cave is possible because this is an addiction and there is no cure. Congrats on your perfection, AppleJack. I think I speak for everyone when I say that we all hope to someday be as perfect as you are.

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2017, 08:43:00 AM »

Ya feel me?
The. First. Time.

You're trying.
Again.
For the 3rd time.

Keep your head down.
Quit.
Quit.
Own it this time.
Quit.

Until you do... STFU.

You have a ways to go.
Get 'er done.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2017, 11:13:00 PM »

Ya feel me?
The. First. Time.

You're trying.
Again.
For the 3rd time.

Keep your head down.
Quit.
Quit.
Own it this time.
Quit.

Until you do... STFU.

You have a ways to go.
Get 'er done.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.