Author Topic: I refuse to be defined by the chains that bound me...I am a quitter!  (Read 36076 times)

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
Re: 2nd time retread
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2017, 11:05:00 PM »
Quote from: Bulldog0311
Quote from: Broccoli-saurus
Quote from: Thumblewort
Not a habit, it's an addiction, no wonder you can't quit. Don't you have an original intro somewhere?
Man I'm glad I'm not you, negative nancy.

She understands habits...she doesn't understand the difference between that and addiction yet. I'm sure we'll have other convos. And I can quit. I am Quit. 34 days of quit now, asswipe.

If you care about my original intro so much, why don't you find it, then PM a mod to merge these two? Or just ask a question that I've already provided the answer to, that seems easier.
Wow. Just fucking wow.

You'd hate to be Thumblewort?

You should be honored to be Thumblewort. He has a three year legendary quit and has helped hundreds of addicts get quit while you were caving. Twice.

To be honest with you as a two time caver you should expect the vets to kick your balls around a bit. For as an innocuous a comment as Thumblewort made for you to start calling him names really pissed me off. You yourself said you got indignant and caved back in the day. I think you're getting indignant again. Maybe you need to look at that.

His comment wasn't even that harsh man. With two caves under your belt it's reasonable to assume you may not be getting it. When you called this a habit I thought the same thing, "Maybe this dude can't admit he's an addict." Thumblewort's response was low key man and you shit on him. Maybe you should look at his quit and ask him for advice instead of putting your granny panties on and calling people names for telling you the truth.

My .02 cents.

Take it or leave it. Use it or don't. My suspicion is I'm talking to the addict inside broccoli-saurus and that dude can kiss my ass. I hope the quitter in Broccoli-Saurus will get the message and understand it. Stay quit man.
He said I can't quit.

In reality I am quit. In the past, I have failed, but that doesn't define who I am today.

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2017, 11:03:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Not a habit, it's an addiction, no wonder you can't quit. Don't you have an original intro somewhere?

She understands habits...she doesn't understand the difference between that and addiction yet. I'm sure we'll have other convos. And I can quit. I am Quit. 34 days of quit now, asswipe.

If you care about my original intro so much, why don't you find it, then PM a mod to merge these two? Or just ask a question that I've already provided the answer to, that seems easier.
Hey... 3rd time around boy... STFU.

Thumble owned his shit the first time. He's a stud.
I owned my shit the first time. I'm a stud.

Ya feel me?
The. First. Time.

You're trying.
Again.
For the 3rd time.

If it were up to me you'd be gone because of your weak taint.

Keep your head down.
Quit.
Keep your false bravado to yourself.
Quit.
Own it this time.
Quit.

One and done. That's how real Quitters do it.
You have to prove yourself to us true vets.
Until you do... STFU.

I'm proud of you and your accomplishments. I haven't had them...yet. However, there's plenty of people that have failed and came back from it. Here's some in the business world.

https://www.entrepreneur.com/slideshow/219445

There's a few in the quit world too. Medic from October16 is a name that comes to mind.

So don't trash me...you don't know me and you have no idea what I'm capable of.

Offline sfurze76

• Quitter
  • Interests: familyViDeO GaMeSfitnessbuilding & refinishing furniture
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2017, 10:52:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack

Ya feel me?
The. First. Time.

You're trying.
Again.
For the 3rd time.

Keep your head down.
Quit.
Quit.
Own it this time.
Quit.

Until you do... STFU.

hey Applejacks nice name a fruity cerel

i quit a few times come shit on my intro

you are a big man one and done ( that's what she said)

Broc admits he caved before unlike some that are probably still posting they are quit and have caved but don't have the balls to admit it cause they are to weak to face they caved

i am glad to quit with Broc and glad he is in my group cause we are a strong group and we got each others back unlike other groups that have a lot of in fighting and nothing anyone says can take that away from us

so take your green and pink sprinkled name and post on someone who thinks your words mean something

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2017, 09:27:00 PM »

Ya feel me?
The. First. Time.

You're trying.
Again.
For the 3rd time.

Keep your head down.
Quit.
Quit.
Own it this time.
Quit.

Until you do... STFU.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Bulldog0311

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12/02/13
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2017, 07:00:00 PM »

Wow. Just fucking wow.

You'd hate to be Thumblewort?

You should be honored to be Thumblewort. He has a three year legendary quit and has helped hundreds of addicts get quit while you were caving. Twice.

To be honest with you as a two time caver you should expect the vets to kick your balls around a bit. For as an innocuous a comment as Thumblewort made for you to start calling him names really pissed me off. You yourself said you got indignant and caved back in the day. I think you're getting indignant again. Maybe you need to look at that.

His comment wasn't even that harsh man. With two caves under your belt it's reasonable to assume you may not be getting it. When you called this a habit I thought the same thing, "Maybe this dude can't admit he's an addict." Thumblewort's response was low key man and you shit on him. Maybe you should look at his quit and ask him for advice instead of putting your granny panties on and calling people names for telling you the truth.

My .02 cents.

Take it or leave it. Use it or don't. My suspicion is I'm talking to the addict inside broccoli-saurus and that dude can kiss my ass. I hope the quitter in Broccoli-Saurus will get the message and understand it. Stay quit man.

Offline Bulldog0311

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12/02/13
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2017, 06:46:00 PM »
Here ya go. Feel free to kick me in the nuts all you want.

topic/11249272/1/
Ok.

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2017, 04:51:00 PM »
Here ya go. Feel free to kick me in the nuts all you want.

topic/11249272/1/

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2017, 04:43:00 PM »

Offline sfurze76

• Quitter
  • Interests: familyViDeO GaMeSfitnessbuilding & refinishing furniture
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2017, 04:10:00 PM »
]PROUD to quit with you brother

Offline PhuctUp

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-05-28
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2017, 04:07:00 PM »
Not speaking for Brocc, but if you're going to be that negative, why not save your insults for people NOT quitting so damn hard right now. And in the FIRST sentence, he said he couldn't find an intro that he'd done.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2017, 09:26:00 AM »
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline imBushe

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-03-07
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2017, 04:49:00 PM »
I applaud you for talking with your daughter. It is hard to admit to somebody who thinks you hung the moon, that you are not as perfect as they think you are. I know what it is like to go so far and cave. You can do this if you want to. Be here every day. Give your number to complete strangers and let them harass you non stop like it is something they enjoy. I guarantee this will piss you off, but guess what, you will love them for it in the end!!!!! Come hang out with us in June17. We like people.
Actually, You DON'T disagree with me. You THINK you disagree with me, but you're mistaken. You're simply experiencing an illusion caused by the limits of your comprehension. -Dilbert

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2017, 03:05:00 PM »
So I couldn't find any intro here that I had done in the past. I guess it would be cool to see something old and odd that I had posted for perspective, but I just don't know how that would help me now. I've been here twice before. I don't even remember my first quit group. I flamed out super fast. In my second, I damn near made it to HOF and I regret that cave oh so much. That was the Dumpster Fire Oct16. BSR, one of my mentors is celebrating a year quit today, and here I am on day 33 due to being a pussy and caving. As far as reasons for caving other than putting nicotine in my mouth, I let myself get uninvolved with the site. Work got crazy and I put it was ahead of a quit. I smoked a cigar with buddies, and came back here proclaiming that it was just a cigar and it wasn't a gateway to get back to dipping. Man, I was just indignant about peoples reaction to it. I left on horrible terms. And they were all right of course. Within a couple weeks, I was back to finger fucking a can. And within 2 months, my consumption had gone UP. I spent the next few months dipping a can and a half a day.

My reasons for quitting this time are more pure. A lot of the reason is health issues that I've been worried about. My throat was chronically sore. I gutted all my spit. Never had a spitter at all. Occasionally, I'd spit the first couple times on a new dip, and gut the rest. I started thinking more and more about throat cancer, stomach cancer, etc, and getting scared. And I have an 8 year old daughter. She's my world and her momma isn't exactly great parenting material. If I die, her mom is about all she'd have and her chances of being a productive member of society would be about gone. And all those issues for a fix, for a high, for a weed. So I came back here, faced my past transgressions, and started posting again.

I'm at Day 33 now. I'm quit hard with a great group of quitters in Sept17. I'm ready to face those demons daily for my health, and for my little bitty family. In the first week of my quit, I had a talk with my daughter about my dip habit, nicotine, what it does to you, and why she should never start. Never too soon to have that convo. I was never that ninja dipper that I hear about on here. My family, coworkers, friends, etc all knew I dipped. My kiddo just thought it was "dirt stuff". Well she knows what it is now. I'm sad I ever tried it, but I'm glad I'm on this site with you great people.

I started dipping 10 years ago on a freaking dare when I was 28 years old! But I'm quit now. 33 days and going. I'm going to use this intro to post updates on my quit journey.

Bryan

Offline Grievous Angel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Jan 5, 2015
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2015, 08:15:00 PM »
Quote from: bdunn
Yeah, and obviously, I joined Aug of 2012, and never have posted. That's about how long I've been trying to quit. This right here is the second longest I've ever been so far, but it will last. I'm not going to cave. I'm better than that nic bitch.
LOL! I did the same thing but it was around six months before--not three years. HA!

Talk about getting up the nerve.

Well I'm glad you did. But now you've put your pen to paper. If you were like me you looked around and saw this place was pretty serious about quitting, accountability, brotherhood, and SUCCESS. I gotta be honest--I don't think I was ready. Or I was chickenshit. Or just not quite disgusted enough with my pathetic self.

Well I'm glad you finally worked up to posting up. You've done it now--don't let us down.

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2015, 06:31:00 PM »
Craved hard at the rodeo last night. So many people with a fat lip of turd in. But I resisted the urge I had to bum a dip off a complete stranger. I keep thinking about the last time I quit and caved at day 20. 14 months ago to the day. If I hadn't been a pussy and caved, I'd be 415 days quit, and $1800 richer, prob wouldn't have this jacked up tooth cavity in my mouth. I'm strong today because I'm a strong motherfucker, and that nic bitch isn't going to overpower my resolve to stay quit.