Author Topic: I refuse to be defined by the chains that bound me...I am a quitter!  (Read 39418 times)

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2035
Re: 2nd time retread
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2015, 02:56:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: bdunn
I've actually been craving running lately!
My brother I'm afraid there's a chance you may always crave. I'm on day 210 and craved mowing grass today. So what, let's do this! That's the addict in us, not caving to it is the ktc in us! Quit on!
glad you came in again today with your promise, I'm watching you dunndunn. hehe

~the chick
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2015, 02:21:00 PM »
My brother I'm afraid there's a chance you may always crave. I'm on day 210 and craved mowing grass today. So what, let's do this! That's the addict in us, not caving to it is the ktc in us! Quit on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2015, 02:10:00 PM »

Offline quark

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-23
  • Interests: Biking, swimming, running, reading
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2015, 02:27:00 PM »
today's not too bad. I posted roll this morning, correctly this time and I will not use nicotine products today. I'm pretty excited, I added 20 pounds to my overhead squat max, as well as 20 pounds to my power snatch last night! I'm sure some of that was quitting dip related. Physically from getting that crap out of my system, and mentally from believing in myself. This is day 6, and by 9pm tonight, I will be 144 days dip free. Love the support here.
Once I added cardio to my lifting routine, I craved less: started running again and added an extra day of biking. Definitely agree with you about the mental aspect: when you know deep down you are a slave to a drug and too cowardly to give it up, it makes you see yourself as small and limited.

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2015, 10:42:00 AM »
today's not too bad. I posted roll this morning, correctly this time and I will not use nicotine products today. I'm pretty excited, I added 20 pounds to my overhead squat max, as well as 20 pounds to my power snatch last night! I'm sure some of that was quitting dip related. Physically from getting that crap out of my system, and mentally from believing in myself. This is day 6, and by 9pm tonight, I will be 144 days dip free. Love the support here.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2015, 07:53:00 PM »
Bryan my friend as you can tell already this shits tough. But if you post roll EDD and choose not to give in to the mental suck of the quit you will succeed! Being fee from the olé bitch is awesome. Everything you do without dip is so much better. Remember the mind will be rewiring for awhile so go with it and don't freak out. The fog will come and go ,just drink plenty of water. Get numbers from your quit brothers and sisters, you may need them,most of us did. You will also be an angry asshole, so be prepared, don't take it out on the family, they didn't put the shit in your mouth, you did. Walk away come in here post your angry ass messages we've all done that also but it's much better cuss,fuss, bitch and scream here than home or work! Quit on! Damn proud to be quit with you today my friend!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline geis2597

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-11
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2015, 07:38:00 PM »
Welcome Bryan!

Glad to have you on board. I'm Brian from Oklahoma. Bout to go mow the lawn w/o dip which is a lot easier in this July heat without dry mouth.

Anyhow, badass COLD TURKEY is the only way to quit. I'm convinced because I've "tried" all the other ways. No "trying" here on KYC. We DO here. We QUIT here. Our daily decision is not whether we are or are not going to use nic, but to figure out what we're going to do to cope and make it through the day. Using is NOT an option. Once you let it be an option again that's where you cave.

Stay strong. You're not in this alone.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2015, 07:15:00 PM »
Welcome BD. Take it one day at a time, post roll everyday and you will do it. Quit with you today man!
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2015, 06:47:00 PM »
I posted roll. Think I did it correctly, but might have gotten my name mixed with the old timers. I'll try to figure it out in the morning. About to go get a workout. I'm really excited to see if my workout times get better when I get all the nicotine out of my system. Thanks for the support. I came here because I need a little push sometimes and I don't want to fail.

Offline Joliver

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-14
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2015, 05:38:00 PM »
Oh, and welcome to the October FUN BAGS!
In a moment of weakness, click here.
Quit Date - July 14th, 2015

Was there ever any question on how much I could take?
You kept feeding me your bullshit,
Hoping I would BREAK!

QLFODAAT

Offline Joliver

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-14
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2015, 05:38:00 PM »
Congrats on getting to the point of being sick of the shit enough to toss it.

I found that working out is easier without dip, once the nicotine is out of your system your body isn't stressed during the workout making the workout more effective, just something to look forward too.

Keep up the fight man.
In a moment of weakness, click here.
Quit Date - July 14th, 2015

Was there ever any question on how much I could take?
You kept feeding me your bullshit,
Hoping I would BREAK!

QLFODAAT

Offline normjr88

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-06-01
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2015, 05:20:00 PM »
Welcome bdunn, I've been dipping almost as long as you've been alive. Some bad ass quitters in the October group. Introduce yourself and enjoy the ride. It's gonna suck until it doesn't. One day at a time and post roll every damn day.

Also a Texan 'oh yeah'

Offline QuitInCA

• Quitter
  • RANT Dec 2014
  • Quit Date: 9/8/2014
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2015, 05:06:00 PM »
bdunn, Welcome

Go through everything you own, and flush every last remnant of nic down the toilet. Cigars, cigs, dip, snuff, whatever, flush it. After that, get involved on this site. This is one of the best decisions you will ever make in your life. I look forward to seeing you around

Head here for your quit group and post your promise to the group that you will not dip today: Pre-HOF October 2015 Group topic/11203031/

-QuitInCA Day 319 without nicotine

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2015, 04:33:00 PM »
Yeah, and obviously, I joined Aug of 2012, and never have posted. That's about how long I've been trying to quit. This right here is the second longest I've ever been so far, but it will last. I'm not going to cave. I'm better than that nic bitch.

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
2nd time retread
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2015, 04:31:00 PM »
I've been a can a day dipper of cope wintergreen for 10 years. Smoked a cigar a day for 4 years before that. I just turned 37 years old and been nic free since 9pm on Saturday night, July 18th, so I'm 114 hours without a dip in my mouth. I've been going through a phase where I'd throw one in for about 10 or 15 min, then spit it out cause I was so sick of it. Decided enough was enough and quit cold turkey, no dip, no fake dip, no seeds, no nothing. I'm very active in the crossfit community, and do a WOD 3-4 times a week, staying busy at work, and eating a strict diet of macros, set amount of protein, carbs, fats. Yesterday, I felt great with no dip in my mouth, but today it's like I'm back at day 1. Cold sweats, foggy head, exhausted. But can't sleep at night. And all my thoughts have been really disjointed so sorry if this has been hard to read. Looking forward to workout tonight. And I'm not buying or putting any of that shit in my mouth either.

Bryan in Texas