Author Topic: I refuse to be defined by the chains that bound me...I am a quitter!  (Read 39415 times)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
Re: I refuse to be defined by the chains that bound me...I am a quitter!
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2019, 12:00:14 PM »
If you were a banker you would be called Barclay's-Saurus and you would throw around hunert dollar bills like fun coupons. And I would be your most favored and trusted friend.
I love you
bye
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2019, 03:24:05 PM »
This is what this site is really all about.  Brotherhood.  Accountability.  Winning together instead of losing alone.

Quitting nicotine hurts more than anyone that hasn't done it could possibly understand.  But the personal growth that we attain through the process of learning how to win is the real reward.

Along the way, a lot of us have gained some lifelong friends.  I'm honored to call Bryan one of those friends.

Congratulations, man.  You've earned this.

Offline Gas

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Computer gaming, music, mechanics, music, music, music...staying quit
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2019, 11:36:20 PM »
Love you brother
Quit day: 9/23/16   HOF day: 12/31/16   2nd Floor: 4/10/17   3rd Floor: 7/19/17   1 Year: 9/23/17   4th Floor: 10/27/17   5th Floor: 2/4/18   6th Floor: 5/15/18   7th Floor: 8/23/18   2 Years: 09/23/18

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2019, 10:11:36 PM »
Awesome stuff brother! Having direction and purpose keeps a man sane, and happy. You seem to be finding all of that now. Now keep at it and don't forget it, don't take it for granted and you can be happy and successful for life. Keep spreading the word and touching lives here. As you know, it helps you and whomever you reach out to. Damn proud to quit with you today and looking forward to quitting with you again tomorrow
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline SRains918

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • January '18 F.U.R.Y. Council
  • Quit Date: 9/29/17 And Every Damn Day Since
  • Likes Given: 2887
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 07:02:04 PM »
Proud AF to be quit with you young man, and I’m excited for you!
... "If you want to be quit you need the help of others. To stay quit you need to help others quit." - walterwhite .......... My HOF Speech .......... Day One 9/29/17 ... HOF 1/6/18 ... 2nd Floor 4/16/18 ... 3rd Floor 7/25/18 ... 1st Lap 9/28/18 ... 4th Floor 11/2/18 ... 1/2 Comma 2/10/19 ... 6th Floor 5/21/19 ... 7th Floor 8/29/19 ... 2nd Lap 9/29/19 ... 8th Floor 12/7/19 ... Now accepting applications for F.U.R.Y. Council 2.0 - text for details ...

Offline Batdad

• Quit Asshole
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Churning the KTC Dookie Butter
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2017
  • Interests: Quitting!
  • Likes Given: 1068
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2019, 06:43:03 PM »
Hell yeah!! It’s amazing how we can grow one day at a time! Thanks for being a part of so many lives!!

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2019, 05:19:23 PM »
Day 614

I've been reflecting a lot today about what this site has done for me.  It's kept me quit, that's for sure.  But it's more...it's lots more.  There's people that are here just to quit and that's ok.  Take what you need and leave the rest.  But then, there's people like me, living life one day at a time with no real direction, not a lot super positive going my way.  I had a wonderful daughter, but limited friends, users and takers, fuck buddies, day to day finances, day to day life decisions....etc.  I was one slip away from a day 1 in my quit and a couple slips away from slipping back into depression, emptiness, walking out of good things just because I didn't feel I deserved them. 

On this site, I developed friendships that are deeper than anything I have in my day to day life.  I've got people here that I can talk to about absolutely anything.  I've got mentors and friends and occasionally I get to help somebody out myself.  And I find myself recently filled with new drive, new passion, new opportunities that I'm excited to grab by the horns.  I feel like I'm better able to show my daughter what a man should be like, to set that example for her.  If I trace it back, I think I owe it to this site, to this simple quitting nicotine one day at a time site where I forged some of the deepest friendships I've ever had.  So thanks to everybody here.  The ones that dished out the tough love, the ones that took time out of their days to talk to me, the ones that cared enough to get involved.  I really appreciate all of you guys (and a few ladies) much more than you could ever know.  Quit on!

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 01:45:43 PM »
I know I'm late here for the 600, but congrats again. Keep doing what you've been doing brother
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline SRains918

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • January '18 F.U.R.Y. Council
  • Quit Date: 9/29/17 And Every Damn Day Since
  • Likes Given: 2887
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 08:11:10 AM »

Holy shit dude...

I'm usually pretty good at puking semi-profound thoughts through my keyboard, but I'm tired this morning. Congrats on 6th floor brother. I'm proud AF to be quit with you today and every other day, and you need to know that it's unlikely I'd be here at this point without your support along the way. Thank you for all you do, even the shit that's annoying!!!

'Bow' 'clap' :rustaf1: 'hit it' 'Finger' roflmao
... "If you want to be quit you need the help of others. To stay quit you need to help others quit." - walterwhite .......... My HOF Speech .......... Day One 9/29/17 ... HOF 1/6/18 ... 2nd Floor 4/16/18 ... 3rd Floor 7/25/18 ... 1st Lap 9/28/18 ... 4th Floor 11/2/18 ... 1/2 Comma 2/10/19 ... 6th Floor 5/21/19 ... 7th Floor 8/29/19 ... 2nd Lap 9/29/19 ... 8th Floor 12/7/19 ... Now accepting applications for F.U.R.Y. Council 2.0 - text for details ...

Offline Rick Jr

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/19
  • Likes Given: 224
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2019, 11:19:09 AM »
Such an awesome Story to read! Thanks for sharing and congrats! Proud to be Quit with you Today!

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 04:08:50 PM »
Day 594...

Why the hell am I not waiting till 600 to post this.  Well...because Milestones.

Milestones make me crave a dip so bad.  It's the nic bitch lying in wait, and my brain thinking, shit..I deserve a reward for making it this far.  Just one won't hurt me.  Maybe just a can for when things are rough.  Why not?  So, I'm standing there at the new C-store by my house a couple days ago, scanning the cancer wall.  I'm not sure why I still scan the cancer wall, but I often find myself doing just that.  I'm over a freaking year and a half quit!  And here I am looking at the wall of cancer, telling myself not now, not today.  Well at the new QT, lo and behold, they stock Smoky Mountain in 3 flavors!  So I bought a can.  I haven't done fake in quite a while, but there it is...this is milestone week and I'm craving, and I'll be damned if I'm going to go back to slavery!  Like my buddy Miker says, don't sweat the small shit like fake...keep the main thing the main thing.  I agree.

6 days till 600, and that day will come and go, and  then 601, 602, 603...that little voice will start to still and maybe die off a little....but it'll wait and be back in my head around day 690....and I'll be standing in line with the same decision to be made.  All that to say this, I made my promise, I'm quit for today.  Let tomorrow take care of itself.  And never let that guard down.  I'm quit and I'm proud to be quit with all you quitters.

594 days ago you were a certified basket case.  A complete wreck.  Almost as if someone had a chain tied to each arm, each leg, and that other really small appendage and those chains were hooked up to individual tow trucks (see what I did there, Broc?) going in 4 big and 1 really small different directions.  Now, you are free.  Craves are reminders of the win, my friend.  Enjoy them, because they do become much less frequent, and some of us really enjoy the reflection of winning.

It is an honor to quit with you.

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 10:12:40 AM »
Day 594...

Why the hell am I not waiting till 600 to post this.  Well...because Milestones.

Milestones make me crave a dip so bad.  It's the nic bitch lying in wait, and my brain thinking, shit..I deserve a reward for making it this far.  Just one won't hurt me.  Maybe just a can for when things are rough.  Why not?  So, I'm standing there at the new C-store by my house a couple days ago, scanning the cancer wall.  I'm not sure why I still scan the cancer wall, but I often find myself doing just that.  I'm over a freaking year and a half quit!  And here I am looking at the wall of cancer, telling myself not now, not today.  Well at the new QT, lo and behold, they stock Smoky Mountain in 3 flavors!  So I bought a can.  I haven't done fake in quite a while, but there it is...this is milestone week and I'm craving, and I'll be damned if I'm going to go back to slavery!  Like my buddy Miker says, don't sweat the small shit like fake...keep the main thing the main thing.  I agree.

6 days till 600, and that day will come and go, and  then 601, 602, 603...that little voice will start to still and maybe die off a little....but it'll wait and be back in my head around day 690....and I'll be standing in line with the same decision to be made.  All that to say this, I made my promise, I'm quit for today.  Let tomorrow take care of itself.  And never let that guard down.  I'm quit and I'm proud to be quit with all you quitters. 

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 07:50:48 AM »
This past weekend in a nutshell....all I can say is wow. 

I went to a quitter meet up.  This wasn't my first quitter meet up, but for some reason this meet impacted me on multiple levels.  If you've never gone to a quit meet, you owe it to yourself and your quit to check one out.  I've met about 40 of the fine people on this site and have never left a meet as less than friends.  I've met people that I had issues at one time on the boards that in person, blew me away.  This meet was a three day weekend of awesomeness that I'll never forget.  I flew to Cleveland, Ohio to meet up with a bunch of people that I had never met in person.  Let that sink in.  I had never met these people in person, yet they felt closer to me than most of my family.  A couple of them, I had chatted with every damn day and was on a very personal basis with.  The rest, not as much but this weekend solidified a friendship with every one of them.  So off I flew to Cleveland. 

Clemte - what a masshole!  Great to finally meet this badass in person.  He'd been instrumental to my early quit and his poking and prodding probably pushed me to where I am today more than anything. 

69Franx - brother from another mother!  This top notch quitter has been an inspiration to me for a long time and was great to finally meet in person.  Amazing guy with an amazing girlfriend and family.

BillW - the man that set this whole thing in motion.  I honestly thought Bill was in his 60's for some damn reason.  Maybe it's the level of maturity he shows.  He's actually a year older than me and a man of great integrity.  Great to meet him!

CleAlt -we had gotten sideways a couple times on the board, but this dude is an amazing quitter and great to get to know him.  He showed me  how to do things in a Browns way, but I had to remind him that quitting was a win.  j/k

Cleveland Fan - what a host.  grilling burgers and brats, refilling brews, got me a new text buddy even if he did steal my girlfriend.  And his wife might even be cooler than he is!

Miker - I was prepared to really hate this asshole, and I couldn't have been more wrong.  His insight and words of wisdom and encouragement were amazing and we had a really great conversation toward the end of my stay.

Chewie - The guy that made all this possible.  By keeping the site open, that's the only reason I met all these people, the only reason most of us are quit, the only reason that Cleveland fan now has a blow up sheep.  He literally may have saved our lives, and is a huge example of how people should live life.  Kindness, humility, manliness...Chewie is top notch. 

I ate meals, drank drinks, had convo, and made friends that impacted me and will continue to impact me for a long time.  I watched the Chiefs kick the hell out of the Browns, but I saw some Browns traditions and fans that were awesome hosts.  Love that place!  I spent too much and took a day off work that I really shouldn't have, but in the end, the memories and impact of this weekend will last long after those issues are gone.  Love all these guys, and can't wait to do it again.

IQWYT.  Broc 516

« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 08:23:08 AM by Broccoli-saurus »

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 02:59:27 PM »
Kick ass brother, so glad you're sticking around!
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 02:05:29 PM »
It took me a long time to figure it out, but there is no end of the road.  There is only today.  I used to look forward to day 100.  It came and went, and the fanfare went with it.  More daily grind.  Then day 200 came and went, and more grind.  Day 365 was a huge one for me, but it also passed and I posted a 366 afterward.  I just passed 500, with 501 and 502 following.  Now I no longer look for the milestones, but I look for today.

How can I positively affect my life and those around me TODAY?  The past is past.  I can learn from it, but I can't relive it.  I can plan for the future, but I can't live it yet.  Today, this very moment I can choose.  And today I chose not only not to dip but to do everything I can to help others have the strength not to use.  The power of living in the present is huge.  We flippantly say ODAAT,  but to really sit back and understand the ramifications and to live that life is life changing.  It's a deal game changer.  Today I will not buy that can, I will not take that dip, and I will help you do the same.  Quit.