Author Topic: I refuse to be defined by the chains that bound me...I am a quitter!  (Read 39417 times)

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
Here is the history from the old site.  I'm not transferring it over since so much of what made me who I am today wasn't in my posts, but in the responses of the KTC brotherhood.  I will make comments from here forward as time passes. 

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qs_xtreme/2nd-time-retread-t12211.html

Today is my day 502.  500 came and went like a wildfire, with a lot of atta boys and congratulations, and I'm still here posting one day at a time.  I've thought about leaving.  Especially with the new format, it would have been easy to fade out just as many did during that time.  500 is a big milestone, it would be easy to fade out after that too.  Yet, I'm still here and still involved.  Why?  I've been doing some thinking about that as I watched yet another brother pull away from the site last night. 

I'm here for the friends that I've made.  I'm here for the friends I've yet to make.  I'm here for the newbies and the vets and the comrades and the old timers.  I love the quit meets and seeing other people that have made the conscious effort to kick nicotine right in the teeth, to stare at death and tell it to fuck off.  KTC has become a big part of my life.  Not the macro though.  It's the micro.  It's the call in the middle of the night to talk somebody off the ledge.  It's the last minute meatup with a quitter I've talked to for a year but never met in person.  It's the life sharing, the relationships, the thought that my jacked up story might just help somebody else somewhere down the road.  So here I am at day 502 with every intention of staying around long term and slaying nicotine in every way imaginable.