Author Topic: I refuse to be defined by the chains that bound me...I am a quitter!  (Read 40453 times)

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
Re: I refuse to be defined by the chains that bound me...I am a quitter!
« Reply #151 on: March 26, 2019, 08:50:05 AM »
Is KTC all that different, or have I changed that much?  Lately, all I do is post and ghost.  I hate being lukewarm!  I want to be all in or all out, it's just my personality.  I just don't seem to have it in me anymore.  Everything seems soft.  It seems like every group is just a rehash of cavers from the past 6 months or so.  What happened to the groups that were 50 strong?  What happened to people staying quit?  I've got friends that have left and I've made a few more, but haven't really gotten involved with a new group in a while.  Why not?  I think it's because I just don't care as much as I did.  Fucking Bsarmo posted his newest gonna try this again day 1 post today.  A year ago, I would have blown him up, now I just blow it off.  I don't want to be this version of me that just hangs on out of duty.  Why?  I posted roll today, and I probably won't post jack shit to Bsarmo cause what good has it ever done? 

So which has changed?  Me?  KTC?  I miss what I thought it once was...so many friends gone.  So many dynamics changed.  I posted today....tomorrow, who knows. 

Broc

Offline walterwhite

• Admin (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 1.4.2016
  • Likes Given: 1112
« Reply #150 on: March 15, 2019, 01:29:02 PM »
Day 644...Kinda getting the blues on KTC and need a jolt of something to keep me back online.  Hoping the Midwest Meet provides that like it did in the past.  Btw, did you hear about the midwest meet?  It's linked down there in my sig.  Basically it's one badass weekend with other quitters in a similar ODAAT mindset.  People from all walks of life and with all day counts imaginable.  Great convo, great food, fun activities, camping if you wanna....if you're close, you're crazy not to go.  If you're not, you should start checking for flights. 

here's a quick synopsis of the lost days before 644.

Day 1 - Fuck this sucks, somebody shoot me
Day 3 - Why the fuck does everybody hate me?  Oh well...I'll become the biggest dick ever.
Day 14 - Fuck this Clemte and Batdad and B-Rad and Gas, what a bunch of douche nozzles
Day 22 - Stuck on an Amtrak for 22 hours.  Can't get dip, I want dip, can't get it......learning self control
Day 50 - Why did I just get half a pic of a half naked guy texted to me 15 times?
Day 75 - I think I'll quit today
Day 85 - Woot, one day more than the last time!
Day 94 - Drummathon.  Meet cbird, briang, bbj!
Day 100 - Ain't cured yet!
Day 128 - I wonder how big I can actually make text?  Is there a limit?
Day 130 - Bunch of apologies
Day 150 - Still not cured
Day 200 - Major crave, back to Smokey Mountain
Day 221 - Midwest Meet.  Meet big bird, mater, wire, mpg, nomo, bronc, bunch of other guys
Day 250 - Fuck I'm fat, maybe start losing weight
Day 251 - Eat all the worst shit ever
Day 300 - Another milestone, another can of Smokey
Day 365 - Fuck ODAAT added up fast!
Day 379 - Life isn't feeling so bad anymore.
Day 400 - Another Milestone
Day 500 - Half comma, yadda yadda, nother can of smokey, not cured.
Day 600 - see above. 
Day 644 - in a funk with KTC.

Dates may be way out of whack.  I don't know, because I CAN'T FIND MY ORIGINAL 2ND DRAFT OF MY ORIGINAL INTRO.

But it's fucking fine cause we do the best we know how to with what we have to work with.  Edit:  FU@Batdad with your super mod powers.

And btw, on the new forum, the answer is 99pt.

This is good shit man... step back and you can see the cycle of loving your quit, and just surviving it.. the ebb and flow is longer in between cycles... I'm sure guys with more days can shed some light, but I hope those ebb and flows continue to slow down a bit
I just looked at my introductions and I posted about a major funk around day 631.  We all go through them, they all suck but they all come to an end.  When they are over...you forget how bad they were and we go back to loving being nic free.  I sometimes ask myself how long will I post roll at KTC.  What I keep coming back to is just quit one day at a time.  Today I want to be quit...so I will post roll...because it works. 
You will NEVER regret quitting. You will ALWAYS regret caving ~ NOLAQ

Everyday an addict reminds himself he is an addict is a day an addict earns another day of freedom. ~ Scowick65

To persevere is important for everybody. Don't give up, don't give in. There's always an answer to everything. ~ Louis Zamperini

Offline Batdad

• Quit Asshole
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Churning the KTC Dookie Butter
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2017
  • Interests: Quitting!
  • Likes Given: 1068
« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2019, 12:39:14 PM »
Day 644...Kinda getting the blues on KTC and need a jolt of something to keep me back online.  Hoping the Midwest Meet provides that like it did in the past.  Btw, did you hear about the midwest meet?  It's linked down there in my sig.  Basically it's one badass weekend with other quitters in a similar ODAAT mindset.  People from all walks of life and with all day counts imaginable.  Great convo, great food, fun activities, camping if you wanna....if you're close, you're crazy not to go.  If you're not, you should start checking for flights. 

Day 3 - Why the fuck does everybody hate me?  Oh well...I'll become the biggest dick ever.
Day 14 - Fuck this Clemte and Batdad and B-Rad and Gas, what a bunch of douche nozzles
Day 22 - Stuck on an Amtrak for 22 hours.  Can't get dip, I want dip, can't get it......learning self control
Day 50 - Why did I just get half a pic of a half naked guy texted to me 15 times?
Day 221 - Midwest Meet.  Meet big bird, mater, wire, mpg, nomo, bronc, bunch of other guys
Day 600 - see above. 

Dates may be way out of whack.  I don't know, because I CAN'T FIND MY ORIGINAL 2ND DRAFT OF MY ORIGINAL INTRO.

But it's fucking fine cause we do the best we know how to with what we have to work with.  Edit:  FU@Batdad with your super mod powers.

This is good shit man... step back and you can see the cycle of loving your quit, and just surviving it.. the ebb and flow is longer in between cycles... I'm sure guys with more days can shed some light, but I hope those ebb and flows continue to slow down a bit
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Batdad

• Quit Asshole
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
« Reply #147 on: March 15, 2019, 12:15:20 PM »

Day 600 - see above. 

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King

Offline Batdad

• Quit Asshole
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #145 on: March 15, 2019, 12:08:58 PM »
bump

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
FU @Batdad again.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 12:16:04 PM by Broccoli-saurus »

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
I had an intro but now I can't find that motherfucker, so here's a new one.
« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2019, 11:45:00 AM »
FU @skol
FU @leo

FU@batdad

« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 12:16:36 PM by Broccoli-saurus »

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: 2nd time retread
« Reply #142 on: September 07, 2018, 07:15:00 PM »
Poof

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2018, 10:18:00 AM »
Getting close to un chartered quit waters.....never been past 7 months in 30 years....222 qlf

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #140 on: July 31, 2018, 07:06:00 PM »
Double WUPP time for 200, proud to be quit wit u

Offline SRains918

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • January '18 F.U.R.Y. Council
  • Quit Date: 9/29/17 And Every Damn Day Since
  • Likes Given: 2887
« Reply #139 on: July 16, 2018, 04:24:00 PM »
Quote from: 69Franx
Quote from: Broccoli-saurus
Quote from: srains918
I really wish I could change the name of this fucking intro.
Why?

Embrace who you are, where you come from, and what you've experienced. Good AND bad. It makes you who you are - a badass quitter that likes to have fun. One that I'm incredibly proud to call my friend (no matter how much shit I give you via text or chasing you around the site).

Remember these words of wisdom (author unknown):

Everything I've done up to this
point in my life has led me to
where I am today; and I'm pretty
fucking happy about it. All of my
decisions, both good and bad, got
me here. I regret nothing.
Thanks all for the happy 40/400 wishes. Sometimes I feel like the numbers are flopped, but it's all the same. I'm QLF, and time marches on. ODAAT.

Stephen, thanks for always being in my corner buddy.

Taking a step forward and getting back into a keto/paleo diet today, so just one more thing to track...but I want to be svelte again (hmmm....was I ever svelte?) Anyway, quit dip, quit sugar, 402/1. IQWYT.
Have fun and good luck with the Keto brother. the wife has me doing a 21 day Herbalife mostly shake diet. Hoping to drop 10# or so in those 3 weeks
There's something in the air... I started this morning too.

I (finally) bought a scale... I gained forty-five pounds quitting dip... I was a fat fuck to start with, so that's REALLY not good.

Patty and I set one of the spare bedrooms up as a simple home gym over the weekend (treadmill, elliptical with a bike seat attachment, stereo, tv). I think it cost us a total of about $75. I cancelled my gym membership that I haven't been using, so that'll pay for the stuff we got for the house pretty quick (two months or so).

My goal is to lose the extra person that I'm carrying around right now... Fuck...
... "If you want to be quit you need the help of others. To stay quit you need to help others quit." - walterwhite .......... My HOF Speech .......... Day One 9/29/17 ... HOF 1/6/18 ... 2nd Floor 4/16/18 ... 3rd Floor 7/25/18 ... 1st Lap 9/28/18 ... 4th Floor 11/2/18 ... 1/2 Comma 2/10/19 ... 6th Floor 5/21/19 ... 7th Floor 8/29/19 ... 2nd Lap 9/29/19 ... 8th Floor 12/7/19 ... Now accepting applications for F.U.R.Y. Council 2.0 - text for details ...

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #138 on: July 16, 2018, 04:12:00 PM »
Why?

Embrace who you are, where you come from, and what you've experienced. Good AND bad. It makes you who you are - a badass quitter that likes to have fun. One that I'm incredibly proud to call my friend (no matter how much shit I give you via text or chasing you around the site).

Thanks all for the happy 40/400 wishes. Sometimes I feel like the numbers are flopped, but it's all the same. I'm QLF, and time marches on. ODAAT.

Taking a step forward and getting back into a keto/paleo diet today, so just one more thing to track...but I want to be svelte again (hmmm....was I ever svelte?) Anyway, quit dip, quit sugar, 402/1. IQWYT.
Have fun and good luck with the Keto brother. the wife has me doing a 21 day Herbalife mostly shake diet. Hoping to drop 10# or so in those 3 weeks
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
« Reply #137 on: July 16, 2018, 11:28:00 AM »
Why?