Author Topic: Here I go again  (Read 2640 times)

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Here I go again
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2014, 03:25:00 PM »
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: ihatecope
I have been free from nicotine for 365 days. Quitting has been one of the best decisions I have ever made and I cannot believe how much happiness has come from that decision. I am so grateful for this site which showed me how to quit, and for my fellow quitters who were there with me in the quit trenches through the suck. Also a big thanks to Brett, who I met on this site and has become a great friend.
I'm proud to be quitting with you and glad that you keep checking in here. Keep it strong!
Well done. Happy Quit Birthday
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2014, 02:36:00 PM »
I have been free from nicotine for 365 days. Quitting has been one of the best decisions I have ever made and I cannot believe how much happiness has come from that decision. I am so grateful for this site which showed me how to quit, and for my fellow quitters who were there with me in the quit trenches through the suck. Also a big thanks to Brett, who I met on this site and has become a great friend.
I'm proud to be quitting with you and glad that you keep checking in here. Keep it strong!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-19
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2014, 10:55:00 PM »
Congrats to u!! That's awesome. I'm on day 7 so just a little behind u :) I'm sure u remember what it's like that first week...
Caving = Failure. Failure is NOT an option.

Offline ihatecope

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family & Football
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2014, 02:01:00 PM »
Quit: Saturday Oct 26, 2013 @ 2:00 PM
HOF: February 2, 2014

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2014, 09:44:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
Day 150 - Just checking in.  I’m quit and loving being quit.  Freedom that’s what this is all about.  In the past 150 days there have been F’n awesome days and there have been F’n shitty days, but there have been NO days with nicotine.
Way to kill it Paul!
Congrats on 151! I hate Cope as well. I have have hated it for 275 days. My 275 sound just like your 151. That is life. We are now attacking the day like a normal human being and not an addicted slave.

Well done sir! Keep at it today.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »
Day 150 - Just checking in. IÂ’m quit and loving being quit. Freedom thatÂ’s what this is all about. In the past 150 days there have been FÂ’n awesome days and there have been FÂ’n shitty days, but there have been NO days with nicotine.
Way to kill it Paul!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline ihatecope

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family & Football
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2014, 05:20:00 PM »
Day 150 - Just checking in. IÂ’m quit and loving being quit. Freedom thatÂ’s what this is all about. In the past 150 days there have been FÂ’n awesome days and there have been FÂ’n shitty days, but there have been NO days with nicotine.
Quit: Saturday Oct 26, 2013 @ 2:00 PM
HOF: February 2, 2014

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2014, 08:33:00 PM »
Is this not what it's all about???? Way to be my brother.

Mogul

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2014, 05:49:00 PM »
Quote from: brettlees
This is the big 100 my friend, the first big milestone-- congrats and well done! You've been a stalwart quitter I knew was there if I ever needed a hand with my own quit. Thanks and enjoy coming this far. Please keep it up too, let's make this time last for good!
Congratulations, winning one day at a time pays off. Bask in the glory of quit today!
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2014, 03:28:00 PM »
This is the big 100 my friend, the first big milestone-- congrats and well done! You've been a stalwart quitter I knew was there if I ever needed a hand with my own quit. Thanks and enjoy coming this far. Please keep it up too, let's make this time last for good!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2013, 04:13:00 AM »
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Day 39 – The quit seems to be on cruise control.  All the days seem to be good days with very little infrequent naggings from the nic bitch.  I wrote this in a text earlier today but it defiantly sums up how I have felt lately,
The grass is way greener on the quit side of the fence.
Can I just say quitting chew has been fucking awesome! Good riddance forever nicotine, I do not miss you!

Quit Perspective
The past couple of days I have been thinking about Quit Perspective. This is something that can literally change your quit. For me Quit Perspective is something like this:

If someone says, “Hey Asshole, grow some balls and quit.” You can perceive that statement in a couple of different ways.

There is the person who is looking for any open door to cave and can choose this opportunity to be offended and return to his poison treatments.

Or there is the person who knows while quitting we all become assholes sometimes [or if you are using then you are literally an asshole cause you have shit in your mouth] and it definitely takes someone who is mentally and physically tough to protect their quit (i.e. “balls”). I guess that person would take the opportunity to say, "Thank You!” to the KTC brother or sister who at least took some time for you.

To all my new brothers  sisters here at KTC, I hope you assholes grow some balls and quit.
Thats awsome stuff.
Good insight, to bad that first group of pussies can't recognize the power of their addiction for what it is. So many think they have the door closed but are willing to open it to defend another sick whining pussy. They should have looked out the peep hole and they would have seen the bitch holding hands with the pussy. Soon they are walking off together humping the can.
'clap'

it is always nice to see a newer quitter begin to understand and realize what we are here trying to do for each other. Well done.

I stand beside and quit with you today.
I concur.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2013, 10:07:00 PM »
Day 39 – The quit seems to be on cruise control.  All the days seem to be good days with very little infrequent naggings from the nic bitch.  I wrote this in a text earlier today but it defiantly sums up how I have felt lately,
Can I just say quitting chew has been fucking awesome! Good riddance forever nicotine, I do not miss you!

Quit Perspective
The past couple of days I have been thinking about Quit Perspective. This is something that can literally change your quit. For me Quit Perspective is something like this:

If someone says, “Hey Asshole, grow some balls and quit.” You can perceive that statement in a couple of different ways.

There is the person who is looking for any open door to cave and can choose this opportunity to be offended and return to his poison treatments.

Or there is the person who knows while quitting we all become assholes sometimes [or if you are using then you are literally an asshole cause you have shit in your mouth] and it definitely takes someone who is mentally and physically tough to protect their quit (i.e. “balls”). I guess that person would take the opportunity to say, "Thank You!” to the KTC brother or sister who at least took some time for you.

To all my new brothers  sisters here at KTC, I hope you assholes grow some balls and quit.
Thats awsome stuff.
Good insight, to bad that first group of pussies can't recognize the power of their addiction for what it is. So many think they have the door closed but are willing to open it to defend another sick whining pussy. They should have looked out the peep hole and they would have seen the bitch holding hands with the pussy. Soon they are walking off together humping the can.
'clap'

it is always nice to see a newer quitter begin to understand and realize what we are here trying to do for each other. Well done.

I stand beside and quit with you today.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2013, 09:13:00 PM »

Quit Perspective

Thats awsome stuff.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2013, 12:03:00 PM »
hey, here you go again, quitting the nic bitch today! Step 4 out of hell, 40 days! way to go, I really believe you have this quit and I respect the way you protect it. I'm glad to quit with you and will have your back whenver you need it to keep this quit going- it gives my own quit added strength to have yours be so strong!

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2013, 06:52:00 PM »
Day 39 – The quit seems to be on cruise control. All the days seem to be good days with very little infrequent naggings from the nic bitch. I wrote this in a text earlier today but it defiantly sums up how I have felt lately,

Quit Perspective

Thats awsome stuff.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech