Author Topic: Anger brought me back to Day 1  (Read 9125 times)

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2037
Re: Anger brought me back to Day 1
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2020, 02:23:11 PM »
Well, I don’t think a simple “told you so” is guna do it. It’s been about 800 days since I was dropped from this group. It took me a while but eventually I caved. I’ve thought about coming back for to long. Everytime I put a turd in my lip the past year it sent an almost electric shock to my brain thinking about how far down the shit hole of addiction I’ve sunk. Back again, hoping you all will have mercy on me. I wana apologize to all of you first off, I regret a lot of things but mostly I regret not listening to the guidance of my fellow quitters, no matter how harsh it sounded.

Here’s how it happened, after leaving this site, I stayed quit for about 6 more months. I inspired my co workers and friends trying to quit, so that I could fill this gaping hole of accountability that I lost for myself and invest in other people. None of them survived, I watched my co workers slip back into addiction one by one and got to watch how easy it was to throw away so much progress. The stress of my new PM job and the lack of respect for my own well being kept growing like an infectious virus. It got heavier and heavier to hold and I lost sight of why I was quit.

THIS IS WHY THIS SITE WORKS.... which is also something I lost sight of. We reminded each other every day of the struggle we went through, why we hated it so much, and why we were so happy to be over it. The 1200 days I spent quit with July 2014 were the strongest years of my life. The empowerment it brings you to know you’re in the small percentage of people that have lifted themselves out of the shithole of addiction.

I want back on this train, and when I’m back I’m going to stay here until I either die, or the planet expires, whichever comes first. If I have an issue, I need to reach out and look for a solution. Treat roll as if it’s sacred EVERY GOD DAMN DAY. Watching that number grow is what’s keeping you alive, it’s like your life support. Pull the plug and you’ll end up like me, crawling back desperately looking for help.

DONT BE LIKE ME
BE A BADASS QUITTER

I was once a badass quitter, I was about 1200 days free. I got loose with roll, my group ditched me, it took me a while but I eventually caved. I’m now a year in and I’m more addicted than I’ve ever been. Stopped for 30 days and failed. I regret all of it, and I want to get my life back on track and ditch this piece of shit in my mouth. I know I’ll probably get reamed, but I’m here and I want to be done with this!
Man it's people like you that keep me posting my promise EDD. And I have to say, your group "ditching you" is possibly one of the lamest excuses for YOUR failure. YOU decided to throw away 1200 days of freedom. YOU put the cat shit into your face. There are countless other groups here at KTC that would have adopted you per se and let you post with them.

To start out, you need to answer the three questions. You need to dig deep and put some honest thought into these since they are for you more than us. We can learn from your mistakes but ultimately you need to get to the bottom of why slavery to a dead weed in a plastic can was better than freedom.

1.) What happened?
2.) Why did it happen?
3.) What are you going to do differently this time?

Post these answers into your new May 2020 group as well as your old group. I don't care that no one is there anymore. Maybe one of your old group people will come back thinking about caving, see your failure and think twice.

His old group is there, and is really strong, still. Many guys there post roll everyday, yes, they are hard core, but seeing this, glad they are because it's saving them. quit hard Daviddim.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Daviddim

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2020-02-05
  • Likes Given: 204
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2020, 01:59:30 PM »
Well, I don’t think a simple “told you so” is guna do it. It’s been about 800 days since I was dropped from this group. It took me a while but eventually I caved. I’ve thought about coming back for to long. Everytime I put a turd in my lip the past year it sent an almost electric shock to my brain thinking about how far down the shit hole of addiction I’ve sunk. Back again, hoping you all will have mercy on me. I wana apologize to all of you first off, I regret a lot of things but mostly I regret not listening to the guidance of my fellow quitters, no matter how harsh it sounded.

Here’s how it happened, after leaving this site, I stayed quit for about 6 more months. I inspired my co workers and friends trying to quit, so that I could fill this gaping hole of accountability that I lost for myself and invest in other people. None of them survived, I watched my co workers slip back into addiction one by one and got to watch how easy it was to throw away so much progress. The stress of my new PM job and the lack of respect for my own well being kept growing like an infectious virus. It got heavier and heavier to hold and I lost sight of why I was quit.

THIS IS WHY THIS SITE WORKS.... which is also something I lost sight of. We reminded each other every day of the struggle we went through, why we hated it so much, and why we were so happy to be over it. The 1200 days I spent quit with July 2014 were the strongest years of my life. The empowerment it brings you to know you’re in the small percentage of people that have lifted themselves out of the shithole of addiction.

I want back on this train, and when I’m back I’m going to stay here until I either die, or the planet expires, whichever comes first. If I have an issue, I need to reach out and look for a solution. Treat roll as if it’s sacred EVERY GOD DAMN DAY. Watching that number grow is what’s keeping you alive, it’s like your life support. Pull the plug and you’ll end up like me, crawling back desperately looking for help.

DONT BE LIKE ME
BE A BADASS QUITTER

I was once a badass quitter, I was about 1200 days free. I got loose with roll, my group ditched me, it took me a while but I eventually caved. I’m now a year in and I’m more addicted than I’ve ever been. Stopped for 30 days and failed. I regret all of it, and I want to get my life back on track and ditch this piece of shit in my mouth. I know I’ll probably get reamed, but I’m here and I want to be done with this!
Man it's people like you that keep me posting my promise EDD. And I have to say, your group "ditching you" is possibly one of the lamest excuses for YOUR failure. YOU decided to throw away 1200 days of freedom. YOU put the cat shit into your face. There are countless other groups here at KTC that would have adopted you per se and let you post with them.

To start out, you need to answer the three questions. You need to dig deep and put some honest thought into these since they are for you more than us. We can learn from your mistakes but ultimately you need to get to the bottom of why slavery to a dead weed in a plastic can was better than freedom.

1.) What happened?
2.) Why did it happen?

Post these answers into your new May 2020 group as well as your old group. I don't care that no one is there anymore. Maybe one of your old group people will come back thinking about caving, see your failure and think twice.
Daviddim

"The mentality and behavior of drug addicts and alcoholics is wholly irrational until you understand that they are completely powerless over their addiction and unless they have structured help, they have no hope."

"One more is right back where you were, and where you were was desparately wishing you were where you are now"

Offline Daviddim

• Quitter
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2020, 01:40:12 PM »
I’m not making an excuse, I know full well it was my decision to cave and get loose on roll. I should have reached out to admins to move me to a new group. Instead I thought I could go without one, Which is exactly where I went wrong. I will be posting in both groups as soon as I can find them. Thanks for the reply.
Daviddim

"The mentality and behavior of drug addicts and alcoholics is wholly irrational until you understand that they are completely powerless over their addiction and unless they have structured help, they have no hope."

"One more is right back where you were, and where you were was desparately wishing you were where you are now"

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4369
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2020, 01:28:17 PM »

1.) What happened?
2.) Why did it happen?

Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Daviddim

• Quitter
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2020, 01:14:01 PM »
Daviddim

Offline golfpro9696

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-12-09
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2014, 08:44:00 AM »
Quote from: scoot66
Quote from: Daviddim
Let me tell you all a story about a little girl named David that came on this site wearing a patch and a bad attitude 200 days ago. A girl that blamed their mistakes and weaknesses on unsuspecting people like the mail lady, or a teller at the bank, or that midget that's sitting in the corner that just wouldn't stop staring. All that aside, that little girl grew up one day and became a man. How? Do you ask? How does one small little girl grow a 2 inch dinger(fully erect mind you). Il tell you how, I'd like to pull a barry bonds on all of you and say I DID THIS, I DONT NEED ANY OF YOU, but that's a sack of fucking slutty lies. I owe every day to you guys! I can't thank you all enough for having my back for 200 days and for just being fucking bad ass quitters. Looking forward to the many days to come of celebratory quit days with my DD destroyers, but for now ODAAT
that's some strong quit talk there david. you are what makes me proud to be a part of this group of misfit toys called july 14. DD strong with you till the end. QLF with you today.
That's awesome! Congrats on 200
Quit Date: 12/9/2013
HOF Date: 3/18/2014
15th Floor: 1/16/2018
1 Year: 12/9/2014
2 Year: 12/9/2015
3 Year: 12/9/2016
4 Year: 12/9/2017

Proud member of March '14 Ironmen

Offline Scoot66

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 80
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2014, 07:44:00 AM »
Let me tell you all a story about a little girl named David that came on this site wearing a patch and a bad attitude 200 days ago. A girl that blamed their mistakes and weaknesses on unsuspecting people like the mail lady, or a teller at the bank, or that midget that's sitting in the corner that just wouldn't stop staring. All that aside, that little girl grew up one day and became a man. How? Do you ask? How does one small little girl grow a 2 inch dinger(fully erect mind you). Il tell you how, I'd like to pull a barry bonds on all of you and say I DID THIS, I DONT NEED ANY OF YOU, but that's a sack of fucking slutty lies. I owe every day to you guys! I can't thank you all enough for having my back for 200 days and for just being fucking bad ass quitters. Looking forward to the many days to come of celebratory quit days with my DD destroyers, but for now ODAAT
that's some strong quit talk there david. you are what makes me proud to be a part of this group of misfit toys called july 14. DD strong with you till the end. QLF with you today.

Offline Landdon

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: June 18, 2014 is my first day of quit. I thank God, KTC, and my family for helping me.
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2014, 02:32:00 PM »
AWESOME!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2014, 02:03:00 PM »
Quote from: Thewolfe
Nice work on the 2nd level David!

E D D

See you on roll tomorrow!

wolfe

Gratz David!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline thewolfe

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4-2-2014
  • Interests: Quitting. Hi-end audio and quality recordings of anything from classical to jazz, folk, bluegrass, rock, good 80s metal, and of course the crooners, The desert, hiking, camping and shooting.
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2014, 12:23:00 PM »
Nice work on the 2nd level David!

E D D

See you on roll tomorrow!

wolfe

Offline Daviddim

• Quitter
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2014, 10:56:00 AM »
Daviddim

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2014, 05:33:00 AM »
Been a while David ... need an update from you in here!!

Congrats on the 2nd floor bud! Proud as hell to be quitting with you EDD in July! Stick around, we're just getting warmed up!
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline slinger

• Quitter
  • Interests: My wife and two sons, sports, hunting, fishing, and quitting.
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2014, 10:33:00 AM »
Quote from: MCO
Congrats on the HOF brother! Welcome aboard!!! 'party2' 'shots'
Congrats, David. Well done!
We are what we repeatedly do. ~ Aristotle

Quit or get off the pot, Sally. ~ Diesel2112

The way I see it, you can either post roll daily or fuck off. ~ jost2brown

Bam! Right in the ass! ~ MonsterEMT

Quit Date: 3/4/14
HOF Date: 6/11/14
2nd Floor: 9/19/14
HOF Speech

Offline MCO

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-03-14
  • Interests: Shooting, hunting, fishing, videogames, women, etc.
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2014, 04:39:00 AM »
Congrats on the HOF brother! Welcome aboard!!! 'party2' 'shots'
Quit: 3/14/2014
HOF: 6/21/2014
Quitting with The Saloon and The Elite 8!!
If you are reading this; I quit with you today.

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2014, 03:27:00 PM »
Quote from: Quitter123
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: Bombero
STORY TIME!!!

Today i cleaned my car really well. Looked under the seat and what do i find staring back at me? ONLY ONE, CRISP, looked FRESH OUT OF THE PACK cigarette. Obviously just like every addict on planet earth i was trying to give myself a reason to smoke just one. I stared at that cigarette the entire 2 hour drive home from Monterey CA, when i pulled into my driveway, the first thing i did was grab that cigarette take it to the trash, and CRUMBLE IT INTO A MILLION TINY PIECES. Never, i repeat NEVER have just one, it doesnt fuckin work like that, once an addict always an addict. If youre not quite there yet and youre reading this, learn to HATE EVERYTHING that contains even a drop of nicotine and QUIT LIKE A MOFO

Stay Quit Friends!
Stay strong with me!
Nicotine sucks.

Quitting doesn't.

Good job destroing the cig (should you hit this bump again, do it faster), and Stay quit
I'm worried about two things: you stared at a cigarette for two straight hours, and you did it while driving?
It was just poetic to me. Multiple times ive run into a survivor of the purge. Idk i just wasnt that intimidated by it, i wanted it there so i could scold it and talk shit to it, like everytime i go into the store and see a can, that conversation you have. I like that conversation.
Nice!! Give it Hell.
Man, this is a good story. My heart sank for a minute when I saw this page at the top with the "Anger brought me back to Day 1" title. You are coming up on HOF and I thought oh shit noooooooo! Then I get to the bottom of the page and read your post from the other day. Dude, I'm really proud of you. You've come such a long way from being that whiny little !@#$!$ that was complaining about the mail lady. You've been rock solid in your quit. Not sure if I would recommend taking a 2 hour drive with a cig sitting next to you, but I also see how you used it. We do some crazy shit to stay quit and if you had to talk to and scold the cigarette on your drive, well then do what you need to do. Another tool in the arsenal I guess. But mostly I just want to say, way to go man. proud as hell of you.