Author Topic: Day 5 no Kodiak!  (Read 2746 times)

Offline Oliver88

• Quitter
  • Interests: Interests range from farming to sawyering. I collect and restore antique farm equipment. Woodworking, song writing and singing. My interests and friendships are vast.
  • Likes Given: 114
Re: Day 5 no Kodiak!
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2017, 10:32:00 PM »
Thank you.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2017, 10:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Oliver88
Quote from: worktowin
Oliver, I'm curious about this concoction you've mixed up with coffee. I've been a user off and on of Grinds for a while - as I love coffee. Can you share your recipe?

Jeez, I feel like I'm on Pinterest suddenly...

Hows the quit going?
Oh yeah, a couple scoops of dry coffee, then I throw in some celery seeds for texture. My first mixture had a bunch of Old Bay seasoning for heat and cinnamon. I've mixed a different batch with chilli powder and dried jalepenos- keeping coffee as the base ingredient. Just raiding the spice rack. It's been doing well for me.

Today I was running the sawmill; my tongue uncontrollably poking at my cheeks and lips. You know those certain jobs that...... Well I put in a lip of my concoction and settled right down to work. I know its a mind game and I'll have to one day break myself of wanting a stuffed lip but for right now I'm okay doing this.
Kodak is a formidable opponent. I chewed that shit for 25 years bro. Freedom is unlike anything I could ever have imagined. One day at a time, you are winning

If I can help or if you need s contact, shoot me a pm. Winning together is so much easier and more rewarding that fighting a war alone. Well done bro.

Offline Oliver88

• Quitter
  • Interests: Interests range from farming to sawyering. I collect and restore antique farm equipment. Woodworking, song writing and singing. My interests and friendships are vast.
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2017, 10:18:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Oliver, I'm curious about this concoction you've mixed up with coffee. I've been a user off and on of Grinds for a while - as I love coffee. Can you share your recipe?

Hows the quit going?
Oh yeah, a couple scoops of dry coffee, then I throw in some celery seeds for texture. My first mixture had a bunch of Old Bay seasoning for heat and cinnamon. I've mixed a different batch with chilli powder and dried jalepenos- keeping coffee as the base ingredient. Just raiding the spice rack. It's been doing well for me.

Today I was running the sawmill; my tongue uncontrollably poking at my cheeks and lips. You know those certain jobs that...... Well I put in a lip of my concoction and settled right down to work. I know its a mind game and I'll have to one day break myself of wanting a stuffed lip but for right now I'm okay doing this.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017, 07:27:00 PM »

Hows the quit going?

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 02:21:00 PM »
Me too man! Remember how bad this sucks. It gets a little better every day. You CAN do this!

Offline GrizzlySlave

• Unga Bunga
  • Quitter
  • Ursa nicotinus
  • Quit Date: 07-22-2017
  • Interests: Beekeeping, marine aquariums, landscape gardening, stream fishing, mushroom hunting and cultivation, backpacking, painting, log homes
  • Likes Given: 62
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 01:16:00 PM »
Nice start, Oliver. I'm only a couple of days ahead of you and I'm proud to be nic free with you today.

Offline GrizzlySlave

• Unga Bunga
  • Quitter
  • Ursa nicotinus
  • Quit Date: 07-22-2017
  • Interests: Beekeeping, marine aquariums, landscape gardening, stream fishing, mushroom hunting and cultivation, backpacking, painting, log homes
  • Likes Given: 62
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 01:16:00 PM »
Nice start, Oliver. I'm only a couple of days ahead of you and I'm proud to be nic free with you today.

Offline Bulldog0311

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12/02/13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 09:40:00 AM »
Welcome Oliver. This is a great decision you've made. You're going to find some days harder than others and challenges with your day to day activities. Just remember you're quitting One day at a time. You make that promise for one day and you can do anything for one day right?

You can do this!

Offline Oliver88

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 07:16:00 AM »
Thank you.

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 06:30:00 AM »
Welcome Oliver, glad you found us and congrats on making it to 5 days!

This site has every tool necessary to make your quit successful - it's just up to you to use them. The most powerful tool at KTC is called Posting Roll. "Roll" is your daily promise not to use any nicotine product. You make that promise first thing every day and then keep it. It's simple but it won't be easy. The premise is that "forever" is too big, so you break it down into managable chunks. You can be quit for one day, hell you did 5, just be a man of your word for one more day and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

You post roll in your quit group. Based on your date, you will be in October 2017. It's October because that's when you will hit 100 days, considered here to be a major milestone and Hall of Fame status. It's not the end, it's the end of the beginning.

If you're serious about your quit and want to use this site as a resource, go post your name and day count in the October 2017 Quit Group. There are very few rules here, but the most important one is that you must be on Roll to use the resources at this site.

You will find a neverending wealth of experience, support and information on the pages here. Every kind of struggle, success and failure is represented somewhere here and it's all available to you, if you invest the time to find and use it. Get to know your fellow quitters and invest in their success.

You're going to be in for a rough period. You're correct that the real trials come after the initial system shock. None of us were successful before tapping in to KTC, but I guarantee that this program will work if you are willing to work.

Welcome again and I look forward to seeing you succeed!

Offline Oliver88

• Quitter
Day 5 no Kodiak!
« on: July 28, 2017, 10:50:00 PM »
Hi, I'm on day 5 of quiting Kodiak. I know from previous attempts it will be later in my quit that I'll need help. I've been keeping a record of my quit this time; the agonies, cravings, fog and stupidity that has come from me during these last few days. It'll be interesting how I function away from dip; guess I never really thought I could. Sadly I carried a dip in my cheek most of my life.
Okay so that's my story. I have been mixing coffee with celery seeds, cinnamon, Old Bay and dried peppers. And it's been good for me. Actually I gave some to a friend who is a lifetime Dipper. I don't know if he's interested in quiting or just slowing down but he got his wife to get my recipe. lol.
I love farming, collect and restore antique and classic farm machinery and have a small trucking company. I want to keep my hands and mind busy and when things get tough (and they will) I hope I can turn to this forum for help. Talking about farming and tractors helps take my mind off dip!
Thank you for accepting me on here. I hope to make a few friends.