Author Topic: Quit This Morning On Way Into Work  (Read 2410 times)

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
  • Quit Date: 7.24.2006
  • Interests: quitting, family, digital marketing, beer, whiskey, horror movies... Fucks Given: 0
  • Likes Given: 351
Re: Quit This Morning On Way Into Work
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 04:19:00 PM »
chewie's 3 step cave plan

Feel free to copy and modify to fit your needs.

step 1: Take picture of son out of wallet. Look my son in the face and tell him that I love dip more than I love him.

step 2: Take out KillTheCan.org business card, read the words and REALIZE that I'm letting each and every one of YOU down.

step 3: Call each of the 100+ KillTheCan.org phone numbers that I've got in my phone and get PERMISSION from each and every person to have a dip.

P.S.: I've never had to go past step 1
"Every man dies... not every man really lives." - William Wallace

QD - 7.24.06 / HOF - 10.31.06 / 2nd - 2.08.07 / 3rd - 5.19.07 / 4th - 8.27.07 / 5th - 12.05.07 / 6th - 3.14.08 / 7th - 6.22.08 / 8th - 9.30.08 / 9th - 1.08.09 / Comma - 4.18.09 / 11th - 7.27.09 / 12th - 11.04.09 / 13th - 2.12.10 / 14th - 05.23.10 / 15th - 08.31.2010 / 16th - 12.9.10 / 17th - 3.19.11 / 18th - 6.27.11 / 19th - 10.5.11 / 2K - 1.13.12 / 21st - 4.22.12 / 22nd - 7.31.12 / 23rd - 11.8.12 / 24th - 2.16.13 / 25th - 5.27.13 / 26th - 9.4.13 / 27th - 12.12.13 / 28th - 3.24.14 / 29th - 7.1.14 / 3K - 10.9.14 / 31st - 1.17.15 / 32nd - 4.27.15 / 33rd - 8.5.15 / 34th - 9.13.15 / 35th - 2.21.16 / 36th - 5.31.16 / 37th - 9.8.16 / 38th - 12.17.16 / 39th - 3.27.17 / 4K - 7.5.17 / 41st - 10.13.17 / 42nd - 1.21.18 / 43rd - 5.1.18 / 44th - 8.9.18 / 45th - 11.17.18 / 46th - 2.25.19 / 47th - 6.5.19 / 48th - 9.13.19 / 49th - 12.22.19 / 5K - 4.1.20 / 51st - 7.9.20 / 52nd - 10.17.20 / 53rd - 1.25.21 / 54th - 5.5.21 / 55th - 8.13.21 / 56th - 11.21.21 / 57th - 3.1.22 / 58th - 6.9.22 / 59th - 9.17.22 / 6K - 12.26.22 / 61st - 4.5.23 / 62nd - 7.14.23 / 63rd - 10.22.23 / 64th - 1.20.24

Episode III: The Final Quit | 406 Northlane | ScareTissue.com

Offline rlavec

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 03:43:00 PM »
Your plan should be to stay quit. One day at a time . One hour or one minute. Thats the plan . Try to survive the pain you will face and be strong. I am on day 20. Its not easy. But my plan is stay quit. Not try to .
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha

Offline Remshot

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • The One
  • Quit Date: January 23, 2006
  • Interests: Family
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 03:25:00 PM »
Quote from: Lochi21
I am 1 day clean and I came across something on here from someone who said I needed to establish a quit plan.  Can someone please help me with where to find information about a quit plan?
A post from one of the admins....
SoÂ…there are 3 of you on Day 2. ThatÂ’s great, you have brothers on the same day. You know that there are at least two mother motherfuckers in this world dealing with the exact same bullshit that you are. LOOT has a little piece of advice for you 3Â…if you plan on succeeding, and by that LOOT means QUIT, for goodÂ….then you fuckers better get to know each other. Fast like. Cause seeÂ…your chances of success without the other 2 are whole helluva lot slimmer. Take 2 minutes to exchange phone numbers in PMÂ’s right now. Make a deal with each other that you will not cave without at least calling the other guys first. Give them a chance to talk you out of something stupid.

You see that is called a plan. A cave plan. If you don’t have one, LOOT will bet that at least one of you won’t see 50 days. That may seem cynical of LOOT but it’s the cold hard truth gentleman. You will think of a million reasons why “just one” is OK before this is over with. Put your machismo to the side for a minute and reach out for some help (in the form of a phone #). LOOT knows, LOOT knows….all of you fuckers reading this are shaking your head wondering “who the fuck LOOT thinks he is barging in here telling me what to do”. LOOT is just a guy…a guy who very early on heeded the simple advice of making a plan that included other motherfuckers just like LOOT. In the same fucking situation LOOT was in…and ya know what? Total fucking strangers have become LOOT’s best friends and saved LOOT from LOOT. LOOT could not have walked this road without these twisted ass people.

So, this post does 2 things.
1) Reaffirms LOOTÂ’s quit by letting his entourage know that LOOT appreciates all you bitches listening to LOOT whine over the months.
2) Let you guys just starting know that it can be doneÂ….with a little help from some friends.

LOOT dares you all 3 to pick up the gauntlet LOOT threw down and exchange those digits.

You may think this is hokey shit and quite honestly, LOOT did too at one timeÂ…but if you read this post a couple times and let it sink in, youÂ’ll see past your own wallsÂ…and youÂ’ll send those PMÂ’s.

Make a plan. NowÂ…your life may depend on it.
What are you going to do when the craves hit you really hard?
What are you going to do when you feel like saying fuck it, and want to go buy a can of dip?
Who are you going to fall back on, when you really need some additional support?

Post roll every single day, "meet" people, exchange numbers, pm's, etc. When you feel any weakness and are losing control - call them, pm them, post on the board and ask for immediate help. People will respond.

That's a plan......Failing to plan, is planning to fail. Not my words. I believe they were said by Winston Churchill
QSXtreme

Quit -1/23/06
HOF -5/02/06 May 2006 Drama Queens

Proverbs 18:2

"A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion."

A Quit Plan: Do you have one?

CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit.
After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco. SportDad 1/13/05

Warm summer sun, shine kindly here;
Warm southern wind, blow softly here;
Green sod above, lie light, lie light.-
Good-night, dear heart, good-night.

Be silly, be honest, be kind

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 03:20:00 PM »
I am 1 day clean and I came across something on here from someone who said I needed to establish a quit plan. Can someone please help me with where to find information about a quit plan?
doesn't really mean anything formal per se.

it means you should have a plan on how you plan to stay quit.

step 1, join KTC. check
step 2, get involved on KTC, write an Introduction, go into chat, post roll EVERY DAY.
step 3, throw everything out. cups, dip, etc. clean out your car, office, garage, etc. check?
step 4, by some fake stuff if you think you need it. some swear by it, others don't like me.
step 5, plan to drink lots of water
step 6, plan on some oral substitution. Seeds? Gum? Pussy? Your choice, if you need it.

Etc
football rules, soccer drools

HOF: July 7th, 2009

Offline Lochi21

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 03:04:00 PM »
I am 1 day clean and I came across something on here from someone who said I needed to establish a quit plan. Can someone please help me with where to find information about a quit plan?

Offline MSHowell

• Quitter
  • Interests: Everything Intellectual, most things done outdoors, anything technical in nature, and the processes of Business.
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 12:56:00 PM »
Quote from: MSHowell
I quit chewing tobacco on the way into work this morning.  Last dip spit out at 6:30am - Chicago-time.  Actually, I have been seriously considering it for a couple of days.  The good news is, before I left the house this morning, I made sure I did a sweep of all my stash locations to grab tins and spin cups.  Everything has been thrown away and I just cut up my Sam's Club card at work (where I bought my 5-packs of Grizzly for $10).

I am only 2.5 hours into this so I'm doing OK right now -though starting to have some cravings.  I have chewed for 22 yrs and a tin a day habit for the past 18.  I quit once, a couple of years ago, for about 9 months and like an idiot, I rationalized I could limit it to one chew a day (at night before bed).  Within a week, I was back to chewing full-time.  That quit really depressed me because I thought I had kicked it.  I realize now, after reading this website, I was missing an important component.  Daily accountability.  I did you the 1-800 Tobacco Quit Line but I was leaving it up to them to call me.  I need to be the one to hold myself accountable.

Anyway, I am not very computer literate and I'm not really good at message boards like this.  I know I am going to need help so I am going to put my email address down in hopes someone can help me figure this all out?  I have no idea how to do roll call and I KNOW this is an important process.  I'm crying right now because I feel lost!  Help.

c_tom_21@yahoo.com
Tom, welcome to the rest of your life, and the best decision you could make. You will be in the same quit group as I am in, and I'll help you along the way.

Check your email and you'll have my contact information. Call me and I'll walk you though the roll posting process. (In real life, I'm a software consultant so I'm pretty good at computer user support).
Thanks for your help Mark. I'm a little less confused now.
Anytime brother, and sorry about calling you Tom. It's Lochi from now on B)
Seeking Nirvanna by perfecting the quit

Offline BoutTime

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 11:30:00 AM »
I quit chewing tobacco on the way into work this morning. Last dip spit out at 6:30am - Chicago-time. Actually, I have been seriously considering it for a couple of days. The good news is, before I left the house this morning, I made sure I did a sweep of all my stash locations to grab tins and spin cups. Everything has been thrown away and I just cut up my Sam's Club card at work (where I bought my 5-packs of Grizzly for $10).

I am only 2.5 hours into this so I'm doing OK right now -though starting to have some cravings. I have chewed for 22 yrs and a tin a day habit for the past 18. I quit once, a couple of years ago, for about 9 months and like an idiot, I rationalized I could limit it to one chew a day (at night before bed). Within a week, I was back to chewing full-time. That quit really depressed me because I thought I had kicked it. I realize now, after reading this website, I was missing an important component. Daily accountability. I did you the 1-800 Tobacco Quit Line but I was leaving it up to them to call me. I need to be the one to hold myself accountable.

Anyway, I am not very computer literate and I'm not really good at message boards like this. I know I am going to need help so I am going to put my email address down in hopes someone can help me figure this all out? I have no idea how to do roll call and I KNOW this is an important process. I'm crying right now because I feel lost! Help.

c_tom_21@yahoo.com
Tom,

Welcome brother to the best decision you will make. We are all addicts here to nicotine and we have all learned the hard way like you that we can never have another dip.

Go to the index.php?showforum=13 where you can learn all you can about the site.

Feel free to PM my and I will give you my cell phone number for support, get other numbers from your quit group also.

Post roll everyday and be accountable to you and us.

You will do this, success is our only option...for living.

Offline Lochi21

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 11:24:00 AM »
Quote from: MSHowell
I quit chewing tobacco on the way into work this morning.  Last dip spit out at 6:30am - Chicago-time.  Actually, I have been seriously considering it for a couple of days.  The good news is, before I left the house this morning, I made sure I did a sweep of all my stash locations to grab tins and spin cups.  Everything has been thrown away and I just cut up my Sam's Club card at work (where I bought my 5-packs of Grizzly for $10).

I am only 2.5 hours into this so I'm doing OK right now -though starting to have some cravings.  I have chewed for 22 yrs and a tin a day habit for the past 18.  I quit once, a couple of years ago, for about 9 months and like an idiot, I rationalized I could limit it to one chew a day (at night before bed).  Within a week, I was back to chewing full-time.  That quit really depressed me because I thought I had kicked it.  I realize now, after reading this website, I was missing an important component.  Daily accountability.  I did you the 1-800 Tobacco Quit Line but I was leaving it up to them to call me.  I need to be the one to hold myself accountable.

Anyway, I am not very computer literate and I'm not really good at message boards like this.  I know I am going to need help so I am going to put my email address down in hopes someone can help me figure this all out?  I have no idea how to do roll call and I KNOW this is an important process.  I'm crying right now because I feel lost!  Help.

c_tom_21@yahoo.com
Tom, welcome to the rest of your life, and the best decision you could make. You will be in the same quit group as I am in, and I'll help you along the way.

Check your email and you'll have my contact information. Call me and I'll walk you though the roll posting process. (In real life, I'm a software consultant so I'm pretty good at computer user support).
Thanks for your help Mark. I'm a little less confused now.

Offline MSHowell

• Quitter
  • Interests: Everything Intellectual, most things done outdoors, anything technical in nature, and the processes of Business.
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 10:36:00 AM »
I quit chewing tobacco on the way into work this morning. Last dip spit out at 6:30am - Chicago-time. Actually, I have been seriously considering it for a couple of days. The good news is, before I left the house this morning, I made sure I did a sweep of all my stash locations to grab tins and spin cups. Everything has been thrown away and I just cut up my Sam's Club card at work (where I bought my 5-packs of Grizzly for $10).

I am only 2.5 hours into this so I'm doing OK right now -though starting to have some cravings. I have chewed for 22 yrs and a tin a day habit for the past 18. I quit once, a couple of years ago, for about 9 months and like an idiot, I rationalized I could limit it to one chew a day (at night before bed). Within a week, I was back to chewing full-time. That quit really depressed me because I thought I had kicked it. I realize now, after reading this website, I was missing an important component. Daily accountability. I did you the 1-800 Tobacco Quit Line but I was leaving it up to them to call me. I need to be the one to hold myself accountable.

Anyway, I am not very computer literate and I'm not really good at message boards like this. I know I am going to need help so I am going to put my email address down in hopes someone can help me figure this all out? I have no idea how to do roll call and I KNOW this is an important process. I'm crying right now because I feel lost! Help.

c_tom_21@yahoo.com

Seeking Nirvanna by perfecting the quit

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 10:35:00 AM »
Welcome and congrats on your decision.

Sounds like you know what you are up against, the difference is, you have help this time. Not only will you hold yourself accountable, everyone else here will also.

You can never have just one, it's a lie.

Head over to May 10, post up, introduce yourself and get involved. This is your quit, own it.

Offline markr

• Quit Date 04/01/2009
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I like Bowhunting Deer, bowfishing, shooting, deer hunting, fishing for bass and smallies in local lake and streams. Taking my daughter out in the wild my youngest love to shoot ,hunt and fish. I am a Hunters ed instructor and like to introduce kids to outdoors activities. Restoring old tractors.
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 10:30:00 AM »

c_tom_21@yahoo.com

Welcome to the site. You have come to the right place to quit.

Hang in there! It will be a tough few days ahead just be ready. Get through about 3-4 days and the nicotine is out of your system then it is just a mind game.

Offline sensei

• Quitter
  • Interests: My hot wifeMy daughterMy sonKettlebellsKnivesMountain bikingFishingSurfingMotocrossThe Great Outdoors
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 10:28:00 AM »
Congratulations for making the best decision of you life!

Because I am reading your post, you have all the computer qualifications needed to be successful on this site.

The first thing you have to do is go post roll in the May Quit Group.

Don't worry if you mess it up, you will get the hang of it quickly.

And don't take any shit talking personally, we're all in the same boat and some of us are really grumpy without nicotine. It will pass, so hang in there with us.

How to Post ROLL CALL - Roll Call Instructions
Step 1 - Find the last Roll Call
Step 2 - Hit the "Quote" button in the upper right hand corner.
Step 3 - Click your mouse ANYWHERE in The bottom Box
Step 4 - Hit Ctrl and "A" at the Same time so it looks like THIS
Step 5 - Hit Ctrl and "X" at the same time so there is NOTHING in Either Box
Step 6 - Click your mouse in the TOP BOX
Step 7 - Hit Ctrl and "V" at the same time to Past the info into the top box AND ADD YOUR info to the bottom of the list
Step 8 - Hit ADD REPLY below the bottom box
Step 9 - Go back to the 1st unread post, pat yourself on the back, and have a beer cause you will not be dipping today.

Offline Lochi21

• Quitter
Quit This Morning On Way Into Work
« on: February 18, 2010, 10:17:00 AM »

c_tom_21@yahoo.com