Author Topic: My Intro  (Read 43464 times)

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: My Intro
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2018, 10:38:00 AM »
Quote from: skolvikings
Excited for HOF..... LetÂ’s go.

Drop in the bucket.
Winning every day!

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 975
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2018, 12:44:00 AM »
Excited for HOF..... LetÂ’s go.

Drop in the bucket.
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2018, 07:01:00 AM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Keeping this one for me.... day 64 rage with a bunch of retreads coming back In June18, fired me up at work today...

I'm one of the new guys around here... only 64 days, take from it what you want.

I'll tell you what I did to protect my quit.

I FUCKING BURNED THE BOATS BABY....

Read that^^^^

I burned em all...

My wife knows.

My parents know.

I met two quitters that live within 10 miles of me.

I have friended some of the finest, dedicated and scary badass fighting come over to my house and drag my ass on roll quitters.

If I cave, I don't get to feel bad for myself and hide in a corner.... I sir have consequences.

I fear the cave... I am god damn scared out of my damn mind to cave.

I can't cave because if I do, I will have to:

1. Move
2. Get a new phone number- I run a business not good
3. File a protection order against WorktoWin, Leonidas, Golf, Steak, Athan, JGromo Etc... Etc....

Yeah I'm the new guy but I think I've done pretty good so far... Burn the boats, make that web of accountability so deep that your quit is protected.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And one more thing.... Pretty soon my group will be going to HOF... 100 days Woot Woot.

That's the end right, that's the goal... get to a hundred and life is peaches roses and buttercups.

Not for me it ain't.. why... I want a comma... that's right a goddamn shiny comma.

I tell myself how have all these badass, kick ass quitting comma kings get their shiny toy.

By staying on roll, I see some retreads here today that would have had that shiny beautiful toy but left and fucked it up.

I'll be right here.
Pure quit badassery right there. I'll just say one thing brother ...the comma is not an end game either.
Holy hell! Someone finally gets it. 100 days is just the participation trophy. You want to win? Then do it how the legends do. They embrace their quit. They use their addictive minds to become addicted to being quit and to living the life that was theirs all along. I have my comma, my next goal is a 5 digit quit number. You see, the champions, in any endeavor, always have another goal to reach. Be a champion of your life.

I'm quitting with this badass everyday.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2018, 06:47:00 AM »
Keeping this one for me.... day 64 rage with a bunch of retreads coming back In June18, fired me up at work today...

I'm one of the new guys around here... only 64 days, take from it what you want.

Read that^^^^

I burned em all...

My wife knows.

My parents know.

I have friended some of the finest, dedicated and scary badass fighting come over to my house and drag my ass on roll quitters.

If I cave, I don't get to feel bad for myself and hide in a corner.... I sir have consequences.

1. Move
3. File a protection order against WorktoWin, Leonidas, Golf, Steak, Athan, JGromo Etc... Etc....

Yeah I'm the new guy but I think I've done pretty good so far... Burn the boats, make that web of accountability so deep that your quit is protected.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And one more thing.... Pretty soon my group will be going to HOF... 100 days Woot Woot.

That's the end right, that's the goal... get to a hundred and life is peaches roses and buttercups.

Not for me it ain't.. why... I want a comma... that's right a goddamn shiny comma.

I tell myself how have all these badass, kick ass quitting comma kings get their shiny toy.

By staying on roll, I see some retreads here today that would have had that shiny beautiful toy but left and fucked it up.

I'll be right here.
Pure quit badassery right there. I'll just say one thing brother ...the comma is not an end game either.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2018, 08:26:00 PM »

Read that^^^^

I burned em all...

My wife knows.

My parents know.

1. Move

I'll be right here.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2018, 02:08:00 AM »
Quote from: chris2alaska
So freaking proud of April 18 and how it's shaping up. I know all groups say that but I think we have something special.

And not just for us...... we will help so many people in the future.

Proud of the Royalty.
PYBQWY Skol
I'm proud of you guys as well!!!

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2018, 10:25:00 PM »
So freaking proud of April 18 and how it's shaping up. I know all groups say that but I think we have something special.

Proud of the Royalty.
PYBQWY Skol
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2018, 07:51:00 PM »

Proud of the Royalty.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2018, 04:46:00 PM »
Better late than never I guess. My name is Bryce and I have been using nicotine regularly since I was 17, so close to 20 years. Most of that addiction has been a can a day of Kodiak. Four sport athlete, grew up in a small town in South Dakota and I think baseball is what started me on dip. Went to college for commercial aviation but Sept. 11th happened and it scared me out of the industry. Moved to Omaha where I started with a restaurant company and spent 15 years working for them. Moved to Arizona in 2002 continuing to work for the same restaurant company. Made the move to the mortgage industry because I had a friend who owned a bank and he recruited me. Right before I made the move I got a new boss at my former gig that I nicknamed "two shakes Rodney" due to his over zealous micro-management and I feared he was going to follow me into a urinal some day, hence two shakes. Married my best friend and have two beautiful, young, hellish boys. I am currently 21 days into my quit and I am starting to grow a hatred for all things nicotine. I wake up every morning and the first thing I say to myself is "I'm not putting that fucking poison in my mouth", then I get on the shitter and post roll. It makes up for my previous habit of putting a fatty in and then go on the chive on the shitter. I have tried to stop in the past but obviously without success, before I was quitting for the wrong reasons, my wife, my family, a health scare etc. This time IT IS DIFFERENT because I am quitting for me.

The last day I used tobacco was Jan 2nd 2018... every Friday on the way home from my office job I stop at the same gas station and buy three cans of Kodiak. I forgot that Monday the 1st was a holiday so I fucked up and should have bought four cans. Monday night my can is getting low and I wanted to be ready for the morning "get up, put a dip in and take a shit." So I go to my briefcase in my truck and low and behold all cans are empty. Immediately panic strikes me, WTF am I going to do, now granted I had plenty for my morning dip but all I can say is absolute panic. I talk myself off the ledge and tell myself I will have one for the morning and then I will stop and get a can on my way to work. I wake up the next morning and put a dip in just like every morning, but today was different. I had an empty can and no tobacco in my possession. So I googled "dip withdraw symptoms" and poof KTC. I read the article that all of you have then I come across the spousal support article. I emailed that to my wife...... I swear to god I still to this day have no idea what came over me but I just said I am done. I am fucking done, I can do this, if I put my mind to something I can crush it. 21 days later I am still here and let me tell you I AM ALL IN. I think the strongest part of my quit is the hatred that is brewing, the sense of embarrassment of all the stupid things I've done in my dipping life. Standing in front of 100 people teaching a training session with a FUCKING DIP IN. Seriously who the fuck does that? I would have a dip in all day at work and spit in the trash can, the poor fucking lady that cleans the office must fucking hate my ass. I hid chewing from my parents... everyday I post roll with them through a group text message for an additional layer of accountability.

I am fucking quit, today, and again tomorrow.

PPIHM (positive people I have met) MN, TPutney, BatDad, BrianG, Donkey, Dog, Pabs, COB, DavidS, the ironmen from March 2014, JB, Wildirish, Samrs, and all of my brothers and sister of April 2018
I'm rolling with KTC for over a month now and just realized the intro's aren't locked by live documents. Our resident mountain man (Chris2alaska) turned me on to it. So I go check mine out and your the first dedicated quitter to reach out and say hello.
And I never even knew it was here. You are a righteous brother of quit and then some. Most if not all of the quitters in April owe you a great big thanks for coordinating the show. I'd have been friggin lost for sure.
some day skol, we'll drink Ouzo till we can't see straight.
Molon LaBe
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4368
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2018, 02:16:00 PM »
Quote from: JB65
Quote from: Eric71
Quote from: DonkeyMN
Winning

Just got back from my first dentist appointment with cancer screening post quit. When I told my hygienist (who I have been going to for years, and gave me a light lecture every visit) that I was quit 36 days she started crying and gave me a hug (added bonus she's hot lol). I always declined the cancer screening in the past because I had an out of sight out of mind mentality. I fucking STRUTTED out of that office on cloud 9, everything checked out and Dr. says my gums are healing. He showed me a picture from my last visit a year or so ago and there is already immediate improvement.
I wish I could triple like a post sometimes.

You are absolutely killing it brother! Proud of you... Those gums are gonna look even better next time!
Keep piling up the wins, even if you are a Vikes fan
Awesome Bro! Winning is fun. Keep wining every day with your KTC family
This is great news brother!! Keep up the solid work!
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2018, 09:21:00 PM »
Quote from: Eric71
Winning

Just got back from my first dentist appointment with cancer screening post quit. When I told my hygienist (who I have been going to for years, and gave me a light lecture every visit) that I was quit 36 days she started crying and gave me a hug (added bonus she's hot lol). I always declined the cancer screening in the past because I had an out of sight out of mind mentality. I fucking STRUTTED out of that office on cloud 9, everything checked out and Dr. says my gums are healing. He showed me a picture from my last visit a year or so ago and there is already immediate improvement.

You are absolutely killing it brother! Proud of you... Those gums are gonna look even better next time!
Awesome Bro! Winning is fun. Keep wining every day with your KTC family

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2018, 07:32:00 AM »
Winning

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 01-31-2017
  • Likes Given: 574
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2018, 04:57:00 PM »
Winning

To remain quit requires focus
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2018, 04:16:00 PM »
Winning

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2018, 08:30:00 AM »
Quote from: MNxEngineer314
Big, big fucking win today boys. As I have shared I have had a tough week, not bitchin we all have em just venting.

I lost my mentor in a motorcycle accident Sunday in Oklahoma, I've been looking at flights that work with my schedule and I can't afford $1,200 right now. So I start sending out the regretfully not going to make it texts and my heart hurts.

I tell my CFO (and Friend) in the office next to me (who also helps HR/small company) that I won't need Friday off because the tickets were just too much. He asks how long of a drive it is and I tell him 14 hours but I don't have anyone to go with. He says "I'll go man, I've never been to Oklahoma." WTF... are you serious? For sure man guys road trip, I'm stoked.

So I come back in my office and think about these points:

1. Pre-quit no fucking way would I agree to this because there is no way I'm going to ninja dip to OKC with a respected business partner who has no idea I dip.
2. I don't have to go get 3 cans of Kodiak so I am stocked up for the trip
3. I told my CFO (and friend) that I am quit so he will be a huge support structure and would whoop my ass if I try to use Nic because I asked him to
4. I have a ton of contacts I can reach out to if at anytime during the trip I feel my quit is in jeopardy
5. I get to pay my respects to a man I truly care about that pre-quit I would not have been able to because the nic was more important

That last one was tough to type..... thank you KTC and all my brothas and sistas
I'm sorry to hear about your loss brother. Safe travels and text/call me if you need any support along the way.
Thinking about you, and pulling for you man. Great win, keep knocking those days down. stay close to your brothers here