Author Topic: My Intro  (Read 35427 times)

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4333
Re: My Intro
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2018, 04:14:00 PM »
Quote from: skolvikings
Big, big fucking win today boys. As I have shared I have had a tough week, not bitchin we all have em just venting.

I lost my mentor in a motorcycle accident Sunday in Oklahoma, I've been looking at flights that work with my schedule and I can't afford $1,200 right now. So I start sending out the regretfully not going to make it texts and my heart hurts.

I tell my CFO (and Friend) in the office next to me (who also helps HR/small company) that I won't need Friday off because the tickets were just too much. He asks how long of a drive it is and I tell him 14 hours but I don't have anyone to go with. He says "I'll go man, I've never been to Oklahoma." WTF... are you serious? For sure man guys road trip, I'm stoked.

So I come back in my office and think about these points:

1. Pre-quit no fucking way would I agree to this because there is no way I'm going to ninja dip to OKC with a respected business partner who has no idea I dip.
2. I don't have to go get 3 cans of Kodiak so I am stocked up for the trip
3. I told my CFO (and friend) that I am quit so he will be a huge support structure and would whoop my ass if I try to use Nic because I asked him to
4. I have a ton of contacts I can reach out to if at anytime during the trip I feel my quit is in jeopardy
5. I get to pay my respects to a man I truly care about that pre-quit I would not have been able to because the nic was more important

That last one was tough to type..... thank you KTC and all my brothas and sistas
I'm sorry to hear about your loss brother. Safe travels and text/call me if you need any support along the way.
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Online Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 971
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2018, 02:48:00 PM »
Big, big fucking win today boys. As I have shared I have had a tough week, not bitchin we all have em just venting.

I lost my mentor in a motorcycle accident Sunday in Oklahoma, I've been looking at flights that work with my schedule and I can't afford $1,200 right now. So I start sending out the regretfully not going to make it texts and my heart hurts.

I tell my CFO (and Friend) in the office next to me (who also helps HR/small company) that I won't need Friday off because the tickets were just too much. He asks how long of a drive it is and I tell him 14 hours but I don't have anyone to go with. He says "I'll go man, I've never been to Oklahoma." WTF... are you serious? For sure man guys road trip, I'm stoked.

So I come back in my office and think about these points:

1. Pre-quit no fucking way would I agree to this because there is no way I'm going to ninja dip to OKC with a respected business partner who has no idea I dip.
2. I don't have to go get 3 cans of Kodiak so I am stocked up for the trip
3. I told my CFO (and friend) that I am quit so he will be a huge support structure and would whoop my ass if I try to use Nic because I asked him to
4. I have a ton of contacts I can reach out to if at anytime during the trip I feel my quit is in jeopardy
5. I get to pay my respects to a man I truly care about that pre-quit I would not have been able to because the nic was more important

That last one was tough to type..... thank you KTC and all my brothas and sistas
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Dundippin

• Quitter
  • Shift your focus so you do not think about it
    • Recovery Meeting Place
  • Quit Date: 9/15/2015
  • Interests: Web development, database design, management, weightlifting, bike riding, gardening and watching the Baltimore Ravens.
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2018, 11:11:00 AM »
Skolvikings.

I love your intro. Welcome to the group.

It is sad to say that you are not the only person who gave a talk in front of 100 people with a dip in. You made me feel better. Who goes to an executive meeting and gives a briefing..... I am so glad those days are over.

I wrote down, some notes that I try to all new quitters. I hope it helps.

The main way to be successful is to just decide that you have quit. Once you stop the negotiating in your head as to whether you will do one more or not the rest becomes far more simple.

Next, you will learn to distract your attention from your desire for a dip to anything else that interests you. This ability to change your focus will guarantee your success and make your quit that much easier.

When you place a dip in your mouth, your brain releases sugars. Well, those sugars are now going to be gone.

However, you can replace them with OJ or other fruit juices with sugar. This will provide some comfort, especially in your initial quit days.

Make sure to exercise with weights and cardio when you feel that nagging tension in your muscles, you feel that rage, when you can not sleep and when you can not focus. Exercise really helps.

Here is one that most people overlook. Get at least 3 square meals a day. Hunger can really bring on those urges so squash those urges before they come. Eat full healthy meals and do not let yourself get excessively hungry. You will see this helps a great deal.

I waited until I was 59 quit after using tobacco for 40 years. You are wise to quit now.

I quit with you today.

Dundippin day 867

Offline David S

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2018, 11:58:00 PM »
Awesome intro skol. IQWYT

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2018, 05:33:00 PM »
Put up your tree

I thought about this today, not necessarily a quit thought but just a life thought.

When my 3 1/2 year old woke up this morning I watched him walk down the stairs to me. It was a normal day, he was grouchy and had sleep in the corner of his eye. Kind of rubbed his belly and scratched his butt as he not very eloquently stumbled down the stair case.

In that moment I thought back to a moment just a few months earlier. My wife and I have a tradition that the day after Thanksgiving we put up our 12 foot Christmas tree while our boys take their afternoon two hour nap. Why..... Simply because we want to see their expression of glee and happiness as soon as that tree hits their eyes coming down the stairs.

I feel that attitude is a choice, a choice that each of us makes on a daily/hourly/minute by minute basis. Put your tree up people, go at everyday with the most positive infectious attitude possible, and don't scratch your butt coming down the stairs, it throws off your balance.
No to mention, gives you stinky fingers
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Online Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2018, 02:28:00 PM »
Put up your tree

I thought about this today, not necessarily a quit thought but just a life thought.

When my 3 1/2 year old woke up this morning I watched him walk down the stairs to me. It was a normal day, he was grouchy and had sleep in the corner of his eye. Kind of rubbed his belly and scratched his butt as he not very eloquently stumbled down the stair case.

In that moment I thought back to a moment just a few months earlier. My wife and I have a tradition that the day after Thanksgiving we put up our 12 foot Christmas tree while our boys take their afternoon two hour nap. Why..... Simply because we want to see their expression of glee and happiness as soon as that tree hits their eyes coming down the stairs.

I feel that attitude is a choice, a choice that each of us makes on a daily/hourly/minute by minute basis. Put your tree up people, go at everyday with the most positive infectious attitude possible, and don't scratch your butt coming down the stairs, it throws off your balance.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2018, 09:48:00 PM »
Bad ass intro. You are quitting the right way. Quitting is so difficult at first, but it gets not only easier but so rewarding. One day at a time keep posting roll, keeping your word, and building connections. Never miss a day. Sounds lame. It works.

Kodiak can fuck off. 9,500 days of slavery here. 1,859 days of freedom.

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2018, 12:33:00 PM »
Just a suggestion (you're killing it, btw): Set up links in the first post of your intro for all of the stuff you want to be able to find fast. You can edit it as many times as you want, and add to it. See my first intro post for an example.

Also, there is a Wildcard page called "Test Thread". You can play around with all the BBCodes and see how your posts will look before you post them elsewhere.

Keep on chuggin' Bryce! Quit today. Don't worry about tomorrow.
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Online Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2018, 12:10:00 PM »
Another one I will use later in my quit, TY WW.

Click here

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2018, 09:25:00 PM »
Great quit story my friend. Thanks for posting it.

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 01-31-2017
  • Likes Given: 570
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2018, 03:41:00 PM »
Way to go, making this intro. I was beginning to wonder if you were gonna get it going!

Bringing your wife into it is a crazy good idea, I involved mine from the start, and although she may have thought it was crazy to text and converse with complete strangers, she wanted me quit. And I still am, thanks to this site.

Proud of you for being a leader and involved in April, Quit every day like your life depends on it.
To remain quit requires focus
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Online Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2018, 01:25:00 PM »
This just changed everything for me, I never want to lose this post.... thank you Wastepanel

Click here

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline RyanRhodes

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-11-22
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2018, 04:35:00 PM »
It's all a mindset brother. Great introduction and welcome to quittin'

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4333
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2018, 04:09:00 PM »
Quote from: Ready
Better late than never I guess. My name is Bryce and I have been using nicotine regularly since I was 17, so close to 20 years. Most of that addiction has been a can a day of Kodiak. Four sport athlete, grew up in a small town in South Dakota and I think baseball is what started me on dip. Went to college for commercial aviation but Sept. 11th happened and it scared me out of the industry. Moved to Omaha where I started with a restaurant company and spent 15 years working for them. Moved to Arizona in 2002 continuing to work for the same restaurant company. Made the move to the mortgage industry because I had a friend who owned a bank and he recruited me. Right before I made the move I got a new boss at my former gig that I nicknamed "two shakes Rodney" due to his over zealous micro-management and I feared he was going to follow me into a urinal some day, hence two shakes. Married my best friend and have two beautiful, young, hellish boys. I am currently 21 days into my quit and I am starting to grow a hatred for all things nicotine. I wake up every morning and the first thing I say to myself is "I'm not putting that fucking poison in my mouth", then I get on the shitter and post roll. It makes up for my previous habit of putting a fatty in and then go on the chive on the shitter. I have tried to stop in the past but obviously without success, before I was quitting for the wrong reasons, my wife, my family, a health scare etc. This time IT IS DIFFERENT because I am quitting for me.

The last day I used tobacco was Jan 2nd 2018... every Friday on the way home from my office job I stop at the same gas station and buy three cans of Kodiak. I forgot that Monday the 1st was a holiday so I fucked up and should have bought four cans. Monday night my can is getting low and I wanted to be ready for the morning "get up, put a dip in and take a shit." So I go to my briefcase in my truck and low and behold all cans are empty. Immediately panic strikes me, WTF am I going to do, now granted I had plenty for my morning dip but all I can say is absolute panic. I talk myself off the ledge and tell myself I will have one for the morning and then I will stop and get a can on my way to work. I wake up the next morning and put a dip in just like every morning, but today was different. I had an empty can and no tobacco in my possession. So I googled "dip withdraw symptoms" and poof KTC. I read the article that all of you have then I come across the spousal support article. I emailed that to my wife...... I swear to god I still to this day have no idea what came over me but I just said I am done. I am fucking done, I can do this, if I put my mind to something I can crush it. 21 days later I am still here and let me tell you I AM ALL IN. I think the strongest part of my quit is the hatred that is brewing, the sense of embarrassment of all the stupid things I've done in my dipping life. Standing in front of 100 people teaching a training session with a FUCKING DIP IN. Seriously who the fuck does that? I would have a dip in all day at work and spit in the trash can, the poor fucking lady that cleans the office must freaking hate my ass. I hid chewing from my parents... everyday I post roll with them through a group text message for an additional layer of liability.

I am fucking quit, today, and again tomorrow.

PPIHM (positive people I have met) MN, TPutney, BatDad, Donkey, Dog, Colonel, Pabs, COB, DavidS, the ironmen from March 2014, JB, Wildirish, Samrs, and all of my brothers and sister of April 2018
Winning!!!!

Outstanding!

Your quality of life will improve greatly! It gets better. It gets better all the time!
Hey Bryce - great intro!! Proud as hell to be quit with you today. Keep up the solid work ODAAT.

Oh and 'Finger' the nic bitch!
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2018, 09:44:00 PM »
Quote from: RDB
Nice introduction. Welcome.
Amen, great intro. Getting pissed at the nic bitch, awesome!

Great job on your quit, and participation here. See you on roll tomorrow and weÂ’Â’ll Do it all over again one day at a time