Author Topic: My Intro  (Read 35251 times)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
Re: My Intro
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 01:31:16 PM »
THREE HUNDRED. The annual lesbian fireman championship of Phoenix pales in comparison.
Amazing.  We're free brother.  We broke the chains she held us with, together we prevailed.  Some caved before, around, and after us, but onward we sailed.
You do indeed thunder in KTC's halls. We've come a long way and we've a long way yet to go.  Glad I have you by my side for what tomorrow brings.
But for today, well, I quit with you today.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 08:27:54 AM »
Glad you brought it over brother, I need to read it from time to time.  Kinda like Broc's 'what's wrong with the occasional cigar'.
Thanks!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 970
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 05:25:33 PM »
10:41 AM - Jun 29, 2018 #54

Why I'm Sticking around and EXACTLY what would happen if I didn't... how do I know, cuz I'm an addict

I know all of this has been written a 1000 times over on this site but I needed the reminder and hopefully it helps another out as well.

"This site is the only reason I think of chewing"

Good.

I want to be reminded DAILY about how much I hate that terrible filthy drug. I want to go into the new groups and read about guys not being able to sleep and waking up in a sweat and thinking they were dying, why, becuase that was me.

I want to remember being curled up in the fetal position naked in my bathroom with the room spinning because I was going through some kind of weird withdrawals.

I want to see my Brothers and Sisters name on roll to remember the war we went through TOGETHER.

I want those reminders everyday so I won't do that to myself ever again.

I want to reach out to a new quitter on day 1 that is going through that terrible feeling, scared and afraid, reach out my hand and pull him up from the depths.

If I feel "CURED" and leave the site I know 100% EXACTLY what will happen, and it has nothing to do with Chew. I now Loathe chew, I think it's disgusting, I have 100% confidence if I leave the site I will not cave on chew.

Cigarettes, now that scares the shit out of me. I will probably go a year on my own, I will forget almost completely about the site, and about my brothers.

I won't have that daily "reminder" about how much I hate Nicotine.

The wife and I will be over at our friends house (Sandy and Anna), Anna is a life long smoker who has attempted to quit numerous times and failed. They are both very proud that I quit.

My wife and I have become closer than ever in our 17 years together (never knew me without nic) and we will be getting drunk and doing our old people gross public displays of affection.(I can actually kiss her whenever I want now, no cat turd in my mouth and stank ass breath)

Wife will go inside and I will be buzzed and hanging out with Anna. Not one morsel of KTC and my brothers going through my brain.

Drunk and stupid I will ask for a cig, I want to feel that high that I got back when I was 14 and smoked one of my Grandpa's cigarettes's for the first time.

Anna will tell me to fuck off, "you quit this shit", I will say "dude, it's been a year, I can have just one." And she will oblige, why the fuck would she care, she didn't go through 179 days of fight with me, she's just happy to have someone else to smoke with.

I will smoke that heater and it will all be over, I can promise you that.

Next, I will buy a pack and leave it in my truck, stop on my way home from work to get my fix, just one smoke a day to get that "rush" feeling. You see I am an addict and now I need my fix. How do I know? Been there done that, many times before.

Hand sanitizer and wet wipes in my truck, stopping at mutiple gas stations to make sure I don't have the "smell" anymore. Shoot, I'll go to Restaurant Depot and buy latex gloves, that way my hand doesn't smell like smoke.

My 15 minute drive turns into 45 mins, the wife questions me... I lie. I lose time with my young sons that we could spend together before they go to bed. I'm now getting $20 cashback every time I'm at the grocery store so I don't have a $8 Circle K charge on my bank account every couple days.

Now a few weeks after in addition to my "ride home fix", I add the "going to work fix" and "late night fix." All the while lying and stealing time and money from my family and the love of my life.

Well fuck this, the wife is statrting to smell it, questioning me and I'm lying right to her face. What happens next... addict brain, well let's just buy a can, get your fix and won't smell like smoke.

Yep, balls deep in a can in a month, how do I know? Becuase I'm an addict and I have done it before.

This site changed me, and if I stay with it, I will stay changed. Am I going to pull back form the site over time, sure, right now I'm burnt, conducting is a shit ton of effort and time.

If post and ghost works for you, that is badass as long as you stay quit. I love posting with the vets, the interaction is minimal but meaningful, March 14 is a blast and all I do is write one line a day. I think I've only text Steak and Golf a handful of times but I know they would be there for me in a freaking heartbeat.

Our group will slowly fade but I truly hope we at least show up once a day for that reminder and accountabilty to keep us quit.

I guarantee you in the previous stated scenario if I was still involed with KTC and WUPPEDD I would NOT have had that cave heater..... you know why? Becuase I am a damn man of my word and I made a promise that morning to my brothers that I wouldn't... and I ain't a fucking liar.

-Skol
QLF
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 05:23:28 PM »
6:53 AM - Apr 11, 2018 #42

If actions speak louder than words,
in the annals of quit we shall see,
that you thundered from the mountains
and burst forth from the sea.
Those you helped were in the hundreds,
the mighty bitch was slain
We broke the chains she held us with
and the cans fell down like rain.
What a marvelous gift to give
to our quitting posterity
For those still held in bondage,
for victory’s theirs to see
And they’ll ask who went before them,
Who carved the path in stone
Behold there goes SkolVikings,
a greater quitter was never known!

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 05:22:27 PM »
6:26 PM - Mar 06, 2018 #29

Keeping this one for me.... day 64 rage with a bunch of retreads coming back In June18, fired me up at work today...

I'm one of the new guys around here... only 64 days, take from it what you want.

I'll tell you what I did to protect my quit.

I FUCKING BURNED THE BOATS BABY....

Read that^^^^

I burned em all...

My wife knows.

My parents know.

I met two quitters that live within 10 miles of me.

I have friended some of the finest, dedicated and scary badass fighting come over to my house and drag my ass on roll quitters.

If I cave, I don't get to feel bad for myself and hide in a corner.... I sir have consequences.

I fear the cave... I am god damn scared out of my damn mind to cave.

I can't cave because if I do, I will have to:

1. Move
2. Get a new phone number- I run a business not good
3. File a protection order against WorktoWin, Leonidas, Golf, Steak, Athan, JGromo Etc... Etc....

Yeah I'm the new guy but I think I've done pretty good so far... Burn the boats, make that web of accountability so deep that your quit is protected.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And one more thing.... Pretty soon my group will be going to HOF... 100 days Woot Woot.

That's the end right, that's the goal... get to a hundred and life is peaches roses and buttercups.

Not for me it ain't.. why... I want a comma... that's right a goddamn shiny comma.

I tell myself how have all these badass, kick ass quitting comma kings get their shiny toy.

By staying on roll, I see some retreads here today that would have had that shiny beautiful toy but left and fucked it up.

I'll be right here.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 05:21:06 PM »
2:16 PM - Feb 06, 2018 #20

Winning

Just got back from my first dentist appointment with cancer screening post quit. When I told my hygienist (who I have been going to for years, and gave me a light lecture every visit) that I was quit 36 days she started crying and gave me a hug (added bonus she's hot lol). I always declined the cancer screening in the past because I had an out of sight out of mind mentality. I fucking STRUTTED out of that office on cloud 9, everything checked out and Dr. says my gums are healing. He showed me a picture from my last visit a year or so ago and there is already immediate improvement.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 02:18:36 PM »
1/31/18

Big, big fucking win today boys. As I have shared I have had a tough week, not bitchin we all have em just venting.

I lost my mentor in a motorcycle accident Sunday in Oklahoma, I've been looking at flights that work with my schedule and I can't afford $1,200 right now. So I start sending out the regretfully not going to make it texts and my heart hurts.

I tell my CFO (and Friend) in the office next to me (who also helps HR/small company) that I won't need Friday off because the tickets were just too much. He asks how long of a drive it is and I tell him 14 hours but I don't have anyone to go with. He says "I'll go man, I've never been to Oklahoma." WTF... are you serious? For sure man guys road trip, I'm stoked.

So I come back in my office and think about these points:

1. Pre-quit no fucking way would I agree to this because there is no way I'm going to ninja dip to OKC with a respected business partner who has no idea I dip.
2. I don't have to go get 3 cans of Kodiak so I am stocked up for the trip
3. I told my CFO (and friend) that I am quit so he will be a huge support structure and would whoop my ass if I try to use Nic because I asked him to
4. I have a ton of contacts I can reach out to if at anytime during the trip I feel my quit is in jeopardy
5. I get to pay my respects to a man I truly care about that pre-quit I would not have been able to because the nic was more important

That last one was tough to type..... thank you KTC and all my brothas and sistas

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
My Intro
« on: September 18, 2018, 02:17:20 PM »
1/22/18

Better late than never I guess.  My name is Bryce and I have been using nicotine regularly since I was 17, so close to 20 years.  Most of that addiction has been a can a day of Kodiak.  Four sport athlete, grew up in a small town in South Dakota and I think baseball is what started me on dip.  Went to college for commercial aviation but Sept. 11th happened and it scared me out of the industry. Moved to Omaha where I started with a restaurant company and spent 15 years working for them.  Moved to Arizona in 2002 continuing to work for the same restaurant company.  Made the move to the mortgage industry because I had a friend who owned a bank and he recruited me.  Right before I made the move I got a new boss at my former gig that I nicknamed "two shakes Rodney" due to his over zealous micro-management and I feared he was going to follow me into a urinal some day, hence two shakes.  Married my best friend and have two beautiful, young, hellish boys.  I am currently 21 days into my quit and I am starting to grow a hatred for all things nicotine.  I wake up every morning and the first thing I say to myself is "I'm not putting that fucking poison in my mouth", then I get on the shitter and post roll.  It makes up for my previous habit of putting a fatty in and then go on the chive on the shitter.  I have tried to stop in the past but obviously without success, before I was quitting for the wrong reasons, my wife, my family, a health scare etc.  This time IT IS DIFFERENT because I am quitting for me. 

The last day I used tobacco was Jan 2nd 2018... every Friday on the way home from my office job I stop at the same gas station and buy three cans of Kodiak.  I forgot that Monday the 1st was a holiday so I fucked up and should have bought four cans.  Monday night my can is getting low and I wanted to be ready for the morning "get up, put a dip in and take a shit."  So I go to my briefcase in my truck and low and behold all cans are empty.  Immediately panic strikes me, WTF am I going to do, now granted I had plenty for my morning dip but all I can say is absolute panic.  I talk myself off the ledge and tell myself I will have one for the morning and then I will stop and get a can on my way to work.  I wake up the next morning and put a dip in just like every morning, but today was different.  I had an empty can and no tobacco in my possession.  So I googled "dip withdraw symptoms" and poof KTC.  I read the article that all of you have then I come across the spousal support article.  I emailed that to my wife...... I swear to god I still to this day have no idea what came over me but I just said I am done.  I am fucking done, I can do this, if I put my mind to something I can crush it.  21 days later I am still here and let me tell you I AM ALL IN.  I think the strongest part of my quit is the hatred that is brewing, the sense of embarrassment of all the stupid things I've done in my dipping life.  Standing in front of 100 people teaching a training session with a FUCKING DIP IN.  Seriously who the fuck does that?  I would have a dip in all day at work and spit in the trash can, the poor fucking lady that cleans the office must fucking hate my ass.  I hid chewing from my parents... everyday I post roll with them through a group text message for an additional layer of accountability. 

I am fucking quit, today, and again tomorrow.

PPIHM (positive people I have met) MN, TPutney, BatDad, BrianG, Donkey, Dog, Pabs, COB, DavidS, the ironmen from March 2014, JB, Wildirish, Samrs, and all of my brothers and sister of April 2018
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 02:19:12 PM by Skolvikings »

MY HOF SPEECH