Author Topic: Today I quit and venture into the fog while ready for the challenge  (Read 1701 times)

Offline Aggies94

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 278
Re: Today I quit and venture into the fog while ready for the challenge
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2020, 04:28:54 PM »
Hello joshj! I am ready to join you in this fight. Nicotine has basically ruled my life for 35 years. I was always counting down the time till I could get the next fix.

I had my last dip on 10/25/20 at noon and these first few days have been hell. Not at all what I expected. I have taken comfort in finding this site and forum with the vast support that is available.  Thank you to all for all that you do.

I am determined to rid myself of the nic bitch forever. I have not tried to quit in the last 30+ years but I pray that I have had my last dip.

Godspeed in your journey.
It ain't dying I'm talking about, it's living!

Offline joshj

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running and shooting a bow and arrow
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 02:51:50 PM »
The hardest part is getting up the nerve to reach out. Go to your quit group and start posting. Get some numbers, many of us will give you ours to call or text if you have a hard time. Doing it alone makes it that more difficult but here you have family. Family that has been there and survived.

Today I quit with you. SAM 1965

Thanks SAM

Offline Stillamarine

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-06-12
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 12:02:59 PM »
The hardest part is getting up the nerve to reach out. Go to your quit group and start posting. Get some numbers, many of us will give you ours to call or text if you have a hard time. Doing it alone makes it that more difficult but here you have family. Family that has been there and survived.

Today I quit with you. SAM 1965
No day but today.

Semper Fi

24 years of dipping = 8,765 days of slavery to the nic-bitch (approximately)

Quit date June 12th, 2015

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 11:57:03 AM »
Today I'm quitting.  I started smoking 30 years ago.  A few years later I was influenced by a friend to start dipping because it was more convenient (you could do it indoors, around non-smokers, etc.), so I dipped during the day, smoked at night with alcohol.  I don't remember exactly when or why, but I finally stopped smoking in favor of dipping.  Probably because I'm an addict and it's easier to have a dip in your mouth all day than to go on countless outside smoke breaks. 

I never really had a reason to think about quitting until my wife and I were pregnant with our first child. I decided I'd quit the day that our daughter was born in 2006.  I held that tasteless dip in my mouth all damn day, but finally pitched it into the trash when we were in the hospital and I think I stayed quit for a handful of months. Then got sucked back in.

I tried quitting again a couple weeks ago.  I made it 3 days.  I have way too much to live for and I know, from personal experience and reading around KTC that it's a battle and I'm ready to fight!!!!!!!!!

Hi @joshj ,

First off, congrats on making the decision to quit.  Second, this is your first and only quit.  Everything else was just a stoppage.  Being quit is final.  We quit here one day at a time.  Every morning we wake up and post our promise to remain nicotine free for the next 24 hours.  The process is simple:

1. Wake Up
2. Piss
3. Post your promise to be nicotine free for the next 24 hours
4. Keep your word
5. Repeat Daily

The acronym is W.U.P.P. (Wake Up, Piss, Post).  Get used to acronyms.  We use a lot of them here.

You need to get in to your quit group.  You can find it HERE.

Go to your group, learn how to post roll, get to know your fellow quitters.  Exchange phone numbers with them and some vets through private message.  Those phone numbers are your life line to instant support when you need it, they are also the start of your web of accountability and brotherhood.

Read all you can in here about your addiction.  Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, you, like all of us, are an addict.  You will be an addict until the day you die. 

Embrace the suck and remember it and that you don't want to go through ever again.  Quit ODAAT (One Day At a Time).  Don't get overwhelmed with forever.  We don't do forever here.  Just concentrate on staying clean today.  Worry about tomorrow when tomorrow is today.

The last thing I am going to tell you is the most important.  Be sure you are quitting for yourself FIRST.  IF you go in to this thinking you're quitting for your wife or kids, you will likely fail.  This s one time when you are allowed to be selfish and to do something for just yourself.

Now, go post your promise!!
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 11:49:43 AM »
Today I'm quitting.  I started smoking 30 years ago.  A few years later I was influenced by a friend to start dipping because it was more convenient (you could do it indoors, around non-smokers, etc.), so I dipped during the day, smoked at night with alcohol.  I don't remember exactly when or why, but I finally stopped smoking in favor of dipping.  Probably because I'm an addict and it's easier to have a dip in your mouth all day than to go on countless outside smoke breaks. 

I never really had a reason to think about quitting until my wife and I were pregnant with our first child. I decided I'd quit the day that our daughter was born in 2006.  I held that tasteless dip in my mouth all damn day, but finally pitched it into the trash when we were in the hospital and I think I stayed quit for a handful of months. Then got sucked back in.

I tried quitting again a couple weeks ago.  I made it 3 days.  I have way too much to live for and I know, from personal experience and reading around KTC that it's a battle and I'm ready to fight!!!!!!!!!

Hi @joshj ,

First off, congrats on making the decision to quit.  Second, this is your first and only quit.  Everything else was just a stoppage.  Being quit is final.  We quit here one day at a time.  Every morning we wake up and post our promise to remain nicotine free for the next 24 hours.  The process is simple:

1. Wake Up
2. Piss
3. Post your promise to be nicotine free for the next 24 hours
4. Keep your word
5. Repeat Daily

The acronym is W.U.P.P. (Wake Up, Piss, Post).  Get used to acronyms.  We use a lot of them here.

You need to get in to your quit group.  You can find it HERE.

Go to your group, learn how to post roll, get to know your fellow quitters.  Exchange phone numbers with them and some vets through private message.  Those phone numbers are your life line to instant support when you need it, they are also the start of your web of accountability and brotherhood.

Read all you can in here about your addiction.  Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, you, like all of us, are an addict.  You will be an addict until the day you die. 

Embrace the suck and remember it and that you don't want to go through ever again.  Quit ODAAT (One Day At a Time).  Don't get overwhelmed with forever.  We don't do forever here.  Just concentrate on staying clean today.  Worry about tomorrow when tomorrow is today.

The last thing I am going to tell you is the most important.  Be sure you are quitting for yourself FIRST.  IF you go in to this thinking you're quitting for your wife or kids, you will likely fail.  This s one time when you are allowed to be selfish and to do something for just yourself.

Now, go post your promise!!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 11:57:29 AM by chris2alaska »
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline joshj

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running and shooting a bow and arrow
  • Likes Given: 24