Offline Bam0821

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-29
  • Interests: Kicking the habit and being a mom
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Intro
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2014, 11:14:00 PM »
"I'm back home with my girlfriend, my family, and I'm staying clean."

Again, this makes it sound like you can only stay clean because things are "just right". What are you going to do when shit gets hard again? When posting roll is inconvenient because you're hiking in the mountains? When you have to travel for a job again? When you're fighting with your girlfriend? When life just gets shitty because that's what life does? What will be different this time?
My protocol is all awesome, all the time.

Just kidding, I'm pretty fucking vulgar.

Offline CalgaryCanuck

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-14
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2014, 11:14:00 PM »
Quote from: Bam0821
Quote from: CalgaryCanuck
Quote from: Southpaw32
I will boys. Was a fucked up time in my life no doubt. But I'm back home and mentally prepared. Obviously there is no excuse, but no, in reality I had very little time to decide and was pretty much thrown to the wolves. I didn't have a plan to quit over there and I should have. But, its over and done with. I made a small fortune in a couple months, but I will choose family and health over that.br /br /I am not aware of the questions I have to answer. I have posted roll, and have no problem answering the questions just let me know what they are
1. What Happened?br /br /2. Why did it happen?br /br /3. What will you do different this time?br /br /Post your answers here and in December.
1. What Happened?br /br /Went into an uncomfortable environment with absolutely no plan to maintain my quit. I realize there is certain things during this battle that you need to prepare yourself for, and I went in completely blind.br /br /2. Why did it happen?br /br /Stress, anxiety, walking in unprepared. I went close to two months and got cocky. After leaving KTC, remained quit while I was over seas for close to 55 days before caving. I "stopped" for 360 days before, so I know the mental anguish it causes, but I also know that one slip up can ruin everything. br /br /3. What will you do different this time?br /br /Have a tighter quit plan, regardless of the circumstances. Not allowing myself to think a drastic change in a situation can allow me to dip. I did come back home for good, due to family reasons, not due to dipping. I can't revolve my life around avoiding places where I am prone to caving, I have to man up and protect my quit in these situations.
All of this makes it sound like the only reason you caved is because your job was stressful and you didn't "plan" well enough. True-ish, but why didn't you have a plan? Cocky? After a previous 365 day quit you got cocky? No. You didn't want it. Why do you want it this time? What is your plan to stay quit this time? Why should anyone believe your untrustworthy ass now?
Not going to try and convince anyone to believe me now. No sense in it, only thing I can do now is post roll and prove to people. Not going to lie, if I had seen a caver when I was on here in July, I wouldn't have trusted their asses either.

Offline CalgaryCanuck

• Quitter
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2014, 11:14:00 PM »
Quote from: Bam0821
I will boys. Was a fucked up time in my life no doubt. But I'm back home and mentally prepared. Obviously there is no excuse, but no, in reality I had very little time to decide and was pretty much thrown to the wolves. I didn't have a plan to quit over there and I should have. But, its over and done with. I made a small fortune in a couple months, but I will choose family and health over that.

I am not aware of the questions I have to answer. I have posted roll, and have no problem answering the questions just let me know what they are
1. What Happened?

2. Why did it happen?

3. What will you do different this time?

Post your answers here and in December.
1. What Happened?

Went into an uncomfortable environment with absolutely no plan to maintain my quit. I realize there is certain things during this battle that you need to prepare yourself for, and I went in completely blind.

2. Why did it happen?

Stress, anxiety, walking in unprepared. I went close to two months and got cocky. After leaving KTC, remained quit while I was over seas for close to 55 days before caving. I "stopped" for 360 days before, so I know the mental anguish it causes, but I also know that one slip up can ruin everything.

Have a tighter quit plan, regardless of the circumstances. Not allowing myself to think a drastic change in a situation can allow me to dip. I did come back home for good, due to family reasons, not due to dipping. I can't revolve my life around avoiding places where I am prone to caving, I have to man up and protect my quit in these situations.
All of this makes it sound like the only reason you caved is because your job was stressful and you didn't "plan" well enough. True-ish, but why didn't you have a plan? Cocky? After a previous 365 day quit you got cocky? No. You didn't want it. Why do you want it this time? What is your plan to stay quit this time? Why should anyone believe your untrustworthy ass now?
Not going to try and convince anyone to believe me now. No sense in it, only thing I can do now is post roll and prove to people. Not going to lie, if I had seen a caver when I was on here in July, I wouldn't have trusted their asses either.

Offline pr0f

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-31
  • Interests: Okinawa Kenpo Karate KobudoMuso Jikiden Eishin Ryu IaiMountain BikingHikingWaxing PhilosophicalStargazingPlaying PercussionStaying close with Christ
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2014, 11:11:00 PM »
I will boys. Was a fucked up time in my life no doubt. But I'm back home and mentally prepared. Obviously there is no excuse, but no, in reality I had very little time to decide and was pretty much thrown to the wolves. I didn't have a plan to quit over there and I should have. But, its over and done with. I made a small fortune in a couple months, but I will choose family and health over that.

I am not aware of the questions I have to answer. I have posted roll, and have no problem answering the questions just let me know what they are
1. What Happened?

2. Why did it happen?

1. What Happened?

Went into an uncomfortable environment with absolutely no plan to maintain my quit. I realize there is certain things during this battle that you need to prepare yourself for, and I went in completely blind.

2. Why did it happen?

Stress, anxiety, walking in unprepared. I went close to two months and got cocky. After leaving KTC, remained quit while I was over seas for close to 55 days before caving. I "stopped" for 360 days before, so I know the mental anguish it causes, but I also know that one slip up can ruin everything.

Have a tighter quit plan, regardless of the circumstances. Not allowing myself to think a drastic change in a situation can allow me to dip. I did come back home for good, due to family reasons, not due to dipping. I can't revolve my life around avoiding places where I am prone to caving, I have to man up and protect my quit in these situations.
Don't just post this here....we would like to see it in Dec. If your going to join our group we'd like to know all the details.

Also your post numbers are shit low compared to your days quit before....so help me Lord if you use Dec as a glorified quit counter I will fucking shred you.

I'm one of the roll trackers... I keep a very close eye and care very much for that month.... You miss a day and I will call you out... You just post roll and never interact and I'll cal you out...

Fucking hell man. You found a way to get dip but couldn't get online? My buddy was at a remote forward post in felusia(sp) and still was able to jump on from time to time for a few minutes.
Good Stuff,

- The Professor

December 14 Quit bushi with RANT
Quote from: mitchy42
Either get COMMITTED or get FUCKED!!
Quote from: visamoht
Just be aware the nic bitch never quits. She's doing push-ups in the parking lot right now.

Offline CalgaryCanuck

• Quitter
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2014, 11:09:00 PM »
Quote from: Tuco's
WTF is this? Post your cave status and run? You've been around KTC long enough to know the drill, Calgary. Until you post roll and give your word to your fellow December 2014 quit group, and that's assuming you actually quit, then there isn't much to discuss.

BTW, you should talk to the December guys about those external stressors and how they can affect your quit. I know it doesn't compare to having a job in a far-off country or anything, but one guy lost a close family member to cancer shortly after he quit. Except, he didn't cave. Weird.
I'm not back here to get into a pissing match or be humiliated over stresser situations. I'm back here to quit dip.

Offline Bam0821

• Quitter
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2014, 11:09:00 PM »

1. What Happened?

2. Why did it happen?

1. What Happened?

2. Why did it happen?

Offline CalgaryCanuck

• Quitter
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2014, 11:05:00 PM »
Quote from: sixercountry
Well, its been a long time(in my eyes) since I posted on the site. I seemingly vanished probably to most.

I took an overseas job in Iraq for some electrical work and knew I wouldn't be able to post roll, so instead of explaining myself I decided disappearing was my best action(idiot right?)

I sadly have to admit that I did cave, not immediately after leaving KTC, and actually not for near 30 days after leaving. But regardless, I caved. The stress of being in a country like that, not seeing my family, my girlfriend for months, eventually took over. I realize there is no excuse for caving, and I'm not asking anyone to sit here and feel sorry for me(and trust me,the 30 days experience I have on this site,I know no one will) The idea that I gave in to this garbage addiction for a sorry ass excuse of not seeing loved ones made me realize that what I have started again could make me never see them again.

I am not perfect, I'm a human being with a horrible addiction. This site gave me light at the end of the tunnel and I seemingly blew it. I was never as confident kicking this addiction than I was when I spent my time here, so if you'll let me, I'd love to post roll today and get a fresh start
ummmm I dont know what you are waiting for. Change your quit date, post this up in your old group and in December, and post the three answers to the questions. I welcome you back and will you see you to the HOF.....

I must however state something I remember. I remember you responding to some of my responses to some cavers/half ass quitters. I remember you thinking I was over the top and basically telling me to "relax". I hope you realize not that the type of attitude you had before will not lead you to success. This is literally life or death. Calgary, please treat it as such. You may not get another chance. Welcome back dude. Quit hard. Lets get this started.
Thanks man, guys like you and Bronc pushed me for sure. I am back for good this time. I did step into it the first time with a relaxed attitude towards the whole thing, and I also think that's what led to the cave. Either way, past is the past. I'm back home with my girlfriend, my family, and I'm staying clean.

Offline CalgaryCanuck

• Quitter
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2014, 11:01:00 PM »

1. What Happened?

2. Why did it happen?

1. What Happened?

2. Why did it happen?

Offline Southpaw32

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-28
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2014, 10:51:00 PM »

1. What Happened?

2. Why did it happen?

Dip kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life.

Floor: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Offline CalgaryCanuck

• Quitter
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2014, 10:49:00 PM »

Offline Bam0821

• Quitter
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2014, 10:40:00 PM »
When you stopped with October you had a real shitty habit of disappearing and reappearing. There is no surprise you caved, and when you chose to disappear off KTC completely for your job you were planning a cave. You obviously didn't have a plan to quit over there.

I hope you treat your brothers in December better than you treated October.

Offline Southpaw32

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-28
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2014, 10:34:00 PM »
Well, its been a long time(in my eyes) since I posted on the site. I seemingly vanished probably to most.

I took an overseas job in Iraq for some electrical work and knew I wouldn't be able to post roll, so instead of explaining myself I decided disappearing was my best action(idiot right?)

I sadly have to admit that I did cave, not immediately after leaving KTC, and actually not for near 30 days after leaving. But regardless, I caved. The stress of being in a country like that, not seeing my family, my girlfriend for months, eventually took over. I realize there is no excuse for caving, and I'm not asking anyone to sit here and feel sorry for me(and trust me,the 30 days experience I have on this site,I know no one will) The idea that I gave in to this garbage addiction for a sorry ass excuse of not seeing loved ones made me realize that what I have started again could make me never see them again.

I am not perfect, I'm a human being with a horrible addiction. This site gave me light at the end of the tunnel and I seemingly blew it. I was never as confident kicking this addiction than I was when I spent my time here, so if you'll let me, I'd love to post roll today and get a fresh start
Then get your god damn ass into december, answer the three questions, and start posting roll. You know the drill you just didn't care enough about us in October to care then. You chose slavery and death when we gave you the option of freedom and life. Maybe this time you'll be ready.
Dip kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life.

Floor: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2014, 09:03:00 PM »
Quote from: Tuco's
WTF is this? Post your cave status and run? You've been around KTC long enough to know the drill, Calgary. Until you post roll and give your word to your fellow December 2014 quit group, and that's assuming you actually quit, then there isn't much to discuss.

BTW, you should talk to the December guys about those external stressors and how they can affect your quit. I know it doesn't compare to having a job in a far-off country or anything, but one guy lost a close family member to cancer shortly after he quit. Except, he didn't cave. Weird.
All hat, no cattle.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2014, 08:20:00 PM »

Offline Spence249

• Quitter
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2014, 08:13:00 PM »
Quote from: sixercountry

ummmm I dont know what you are waiting for. Change your quit date, post this up in your old group and in December, and post the three answers to the questions. I welcome you back and will you see you to the HOF.....

I must however state something I remember. I remember you responding to some of my responses to some cavers/half ass quitters. I remember you thinking I was over the top and basically telling me to "relax". I hope you realize not that the type of attitude you had before will not lead you to success. This is literally life or death. Calgary, please treat it as such. You may not get another chance. Welcome back dude. Quit hard. Lets get this started.
If Sixer says he'll quit with you then so will I. Just don't fucking think about doing it again. I don't know you from Adam, but there are alot of people coming to KTC for help and Sixer puts his heart into helping people quit because he knows it could be a matter of life or death. Don't waste his or anybody else's time this go around. Quit hard, post roll and keep you word.