Author Topic: Youngish quitter  (Read 1828 times)

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Youngish quitter
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2014, 03:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Done4Me
Bink - Congrats on 100, you've been through a lot the last couple of months and held strong. Proud of you dude. Remember that while 100 is an accomplishment, it's just another day on the journey.
^^^^Exactly. Congrats, bink. See you for 101 tomorrow.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2014, 02:48:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Bink - Congrats on 100, you've been through a lot the last couple of months and held strong. Proud of you dude. Remember that while 100 is an accomplishment, it's just another day on the journey.
Gratz Bink, and see you at 101 tomorrow!
Great Job Bink!! Awesome.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2014, 02:01:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Bink, I just want to say that I'm damn fucking proud to quit with you brother. You are a bad ass. Life threw obstacle after obstacle at you, piled them on 2-3 at once at times, and each time you got up, brushed yourself off and told the nic bitch to Fuck off.

See you on roll tomorrow brother.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2014, 08:30:00 AM »
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2014, 07:52:00 AM »

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2014, 07:27:00 AM »
Bink - You hold true to your word and you're gonna love yourself. You've got a lot of quit going on. Stay steady, +1 it, glad to be on your team.

Offline MCO

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-03-14
  • Interests: Shooting, hunting, fishing, videogames, women, etc.
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2014, 04:23:00 AM »
Keep up the good work Bink, you're kicking the Nic bitch's ass!
Quit: 3/14/2014
HOF: 6/21/2014
Quitting with The Saloon and The Elite 8!!
If you are reading this; I quit with you today.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2014, 01:42:00 PM »
Happy to be quit with you today Bink!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2014, 01:21:00 PM »
Proud of You Bink!!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2014, 02:29:00 PM »
Quote from: The_Bink
So, myself being an addictive personality, I swap my former bad addiction for a better one. Next time a craving comes on, instead of getting angry and lashing out: I drink some water, eat a piece of fruit, and/or work out. I'm using that former weakness to build good habits this time and not just transposing my bad habit to another one and subjugating other quitters to it.

However you all do it, I'm quit with you today.
Spoken like a true quitter. Can't deny your resolve and taking ownership of your quit. It's these types of traits that inspire the quit of others around you. Keep it up and quit on.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline The_Bink

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-30
  • Interests: World of Warcraft, Hockey, Xbox, Reading, Movies, Sex, the other good stuff in life... get to know me and I'm pretty open.
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2014, 01:16:00 PM »
I'm aware that they are different things, I thought that was clear in what I wrote. We are all addicts to nicotine, almost all of us are predisposed to addiction through an addictive personality. The addictive behavior I assume is the action on one's addictive personality. Whether one is addicted to alcohol, drugs, sex, gambling, or nicotine, everyone here feels the psychological and physical compulsions to use. But the cause of most of my problems is internal. I know I grew up in a not so stable home, after years of psychotherapy I found the source of many of my personality quirks. Some I have worked on and reformed after repeated correct behavior, some are set in and unchangeable at this point in my life. I will always get the urges, but it doesn't mean I have to act on them. Nicotine was one of many things I used to escape from the volatile nature of my upbringing. I wish I could go back now and tell myself I would've been alright without it, but instead I just fight it day to day from here on out and reshape my life nicotine free.

You're right, I am new to this, and I get that it worked for many, but it's not 100%. An addictive personality can be both a strength or a weakness. The addiction to nicotine is a weakness in that it kills you. But holding onto unnecessary rage and aggression past getting the chemical out of your body seems redundant to me. Take this on anger http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv ... cts_people I may be alone in that if I use anger as a crutch, I become a constant raging asshole and do as much harm to myself as using drugs (and it doesn't take long before I get on them). I've already done this before. I didn't have a stroke or anything physically life threatening, but I pushed everyone away and soon become isolated and depressed. I was then getting angry at how my life was going, and it only got worse. I soon had to turn to drugs to change the way I feel, and started my most recent downward spiral.

So, myself being an addictive personality, I swap my former bad addiction for a better one. Next time a craving comes on, instead of getting angry and lashing out: I drink some water, eat a piece of fruit, and/or work out. I'm using that former weakness to build good habits this time and not just transposing my bad habit to another one and subjugating other quitters to it.

However you all do it, I'm quit with you today.
Quit Dates
Nicotine 4/30/14

Group - Triple A (Adamant Augustonian Abstainers) Brass Ballers

Offline starr_78

• Quitter
  • Interests: Way too much football, golf, real wrestling not pro, and hockey. I like to go pheasant hunting and shooting all sorts of guns. Cooking and eating are two more big hobbies of mine haha.
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2014, 09:10:00 AM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Day 9 was relatively uneventful, only one quick craving on my break after lunch. It still blows my mind that everyone here looks at their addiction as a weakness. I think our ability as addicts is a strength when applied to the right things. Sure, being addicted to nicotine sucks and would eventually kill some of us in highly unpleasant ways. However, replace that addiction with drinking water, eating healthy snacks, or working out when you get a craving and you are rising above the bitch and instead doing your body a great justice. Use your addictive personality for good reasons, don't let it abuse you. I go hard at everything I do. In another light, this makes our entire group special. We're masters of motivating ourselves to get whatever we want. I did not use today, and I won't use before I go to bed. If I don't post again tonight, I'll see everyone in August roll tomorrow morning.
Spoken like a true neophyte.

Addiction and addictive personalities are two different things. Do not confuse them. Addictive personalities and addictive behaviors are also different.

Addiction to nicotine IS a weakness and that is why addicts of nicotine must fight every day to make sure that we do not use nicotine. If it wasn't a weakness then quitting would be easy and you wouldn't be here.
Well said Steakbomb!

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2014, 11:13:00 PM »
Day 9 was relatively uneventful, only one quick craving on my break after lunch. It still blows my mind that everyone here looks at their addiction as a weakness. I think our ability as addicts is a strength when applied to the right things. Sure, being addicted to nicotine sucks and would eventually kill some of us in highly unpleasant ways. However, replace that addiction with drinking water, eating healthy snacks, or working out when you get a craving and you are rising above the bitch and instead doing your body a great justice. Use your addictive personality for good reasons, don't let it abuse you. I go hard at everything I do. In another light, this makes our entire group special. We're masters of motivating ourselves to get whatever we want. I did not use today, and I won't use before I go to bed. If I don't post again tonight, I'll see everyone in August roll tomorrow morning.
Spoken like a true neophyte.

Addiction and addictive personalities are two different things. Do not confuse them. Addictive personalities and addictive behaviors are also different.

Addiction to nicotine IS a weakness and that is why addicts of nicotine must fight every day to make sure that we do not use nicotine. If it wasn't a weakness then quitting would be easy and you wouldn't be here.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline The_Bink

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-30
  • Interests: World of Warcraft, Hockey, Xbox, Reading, Movies, Sex, the other good stuff in life... get to know me and I'm pretty open.
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2014, 10:56:00 PM »
Quit Dates
Nicotine 4/30/14

Group - Triple A (Adamant Augustonian Abstainers) Brass Ballers

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2014, 01:10:00 PM »
Bink, I felt the same way when I joined 2 months ago. I went home and bitched to my wife about what a bunch of assholes the "chew quit site" was and who do they think they are and what do they know.

So fast forward 2 months, and I am in hook, line and sinker. Why? Because it is the truth. We are all addicts, we all have lied to ourselves and others about our addiction, and none of us is special. The sooner you lose the hurt feelings and listen to what is being said the sooner you can be free.

If a 44 y/o bullheaded asspipe like me can change his ways, I am sure you can as well. We all forget from time to time that there are people who know what the hell they are talking about, and it would behoove us to kindly listen.

I quit with you today Bink.