Author Topic: Yes, I shit the bed  (Read 321 times)

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Yes, I shit the bed
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 09:26:00 AM »
Quote from: Prekrunner2015
At 6:01 August 12, 2015 i threw out my last dip, ever. I have dipped Skoal Wintergreen for over 20 years, and was just under a can a day for 15 years of the 20. I would play sports, run, bathe, sleep, work, or pretty much everything ... with a dip. My wife was always the antagonist, pushing me to quit. I tried 3 times before, lasting 3 days, 7 days, and 21 days. Prior to August 12, 2015, i always used pouches to ween myself off of the dip or "in a pinch". Pouches are clearly safer right? You can put them in your upper lip easier, right? All it took was a major trigger for me to head to the gas station and buy a can of long cut versus pouches. Those were the easiest quits i could ever imagine. Especially now. It has been 100 days, COLD TURKEY!. I skipped the replacement stuff, SM or Coffee Dip, until I made it beyond 30 days. At Day 30, i went looking for Smokey Mountain and experienced my second panic attack of my quit. Thats when i knew i had to stay quit this time. Sleepless nights, wandering days, missed work, angry wife, confused toddler. All of these were a result of my addiction and decision to fuck that monkey right in the arse. I am quit today. I will stay quit today.

As noted in the title, i shit the bed by not posting this 100 days ago and posting roll with the folks in a quit group celebration 100 days this month. If you are new and planning your quit, layout your intro, post and find 3 buddies to help you beat the shit out of this addiction. tag or PM me if i can be your sounding board to stay quit!
Well said. I would only add the following prekrunner here displayed it but did not identify it. It take a lot of humility to admit that you are an addict and that you need help to your self; it take that same humility and a brass set of balls to do that same publicly either in the written or spoken word.

No quitting is not easy and the addiction that all of us have faced for years or damn near our entire lifetime sucks but without all of us addicts having the humility to admit our faults publicly we cannot help ourselves or anyone else for that matter. Newbies or potential quitters take note that the act of quitting not only helps you lead a physically healthier life it will drastically improve your emotional and mental health as well. That is not to say that if you are crazy as fuck this will cure you, because you may always be crazy but maybe this will help you identify your crazy.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Prekrunner2015

• Quit Date: 2015-08-12
  • Likes Given: 0
Yes, I shit the bed
« on: November 19, 2015, 08:29:00 PM »
At 6:01 August 12, 2015 i threw out my last dip, ever. I have dipped Skoal Wintergreen for over 20 years, and was just under a can a day for 15 years of the 20. I would play sports, run, bathe, sleep, work, or pretty much everything ... with a dip. My wife was always the antagonist, pushing me to quit. I tried 3 times before, lasting 3 days, 7 days, and 21 days. Prior to August 12, 2015, i always used pouches to ween myself off of the dip or "in a pinch". Pouches are clearly safer right? You can put them in your upper lip easier, right? All it took was a major trigger for me to head to the gas station and buy a can of long cut versus pouches. Those were the easiest quits i could ever imagine. Especially now. It has been 100 days, COLD TURKEY!. I skipped the replacement stuff, SM or Coffee Dip, until I made it beyond 30 days. At Day 30, i went looking for Smokey Mountain and experienced my second panic attack of my quit. Thats when i knew i had to stay quit this time. Sleepless nights, wandering days, missed work, angry wife, confused toddler. All of these were a result of my addiction and decision to fuck that monkey right in the arse. I am quit today. I will stay quit today.

As noted in the title, i shit the bed by not posting this 100 days ago and posting roll with the folks in a quit group celebration 100 days this month. If you are new and planning your quit, layout your intro, post and find 3 buddies to help you beat the shit out of this addiction. tag or PM me if i can be your sounding board to stay quit!