Author Topic: Now or never  (Read 9345 times)

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
  • Interests: I was addicted to nicotine for about 19 years before I actually realized that I was an addict to a drug. Allen Carr helped open my eyes with LionHeartedGirl (my sister). I am currently on day 2 and because of the frame of mind and different point of view that "The Easy Way" has given me, I don't doubt for one moment that I have ingested the last bit of that weed for the rest of my life. I am 35 now and am setting a goal of living long enough to have saved $100,000 because of my quit. At the same time, I am setting the goal of not smoking TODAY! One step at a time, while keeping my eyes on the horizon.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Now or never
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2013, 11:16:00 PM »
Quote from: wmcatty
The price of re-admission is truthfully answering the three questions that have been proferred to all who have caved and attempted a comeback. You need to answer all three and post the responses in your old group and in Feb. '14, your new group. Be honest in your answers and try to learn something about yourself.

(1) What happened to make you cave?

(2) Why did it happen?

(3) What are you gonna do differently in this quit, to avoid the same thing from happening again?
$1.99, Your attitude seems great. You feel like shit. Good, that feeling will do you well at this stage but won't last forever. You expect to be shit on. Good, that will probably happen. There are those here that have been itching for a target for their nic rage. It will also pass. You said that "I've thrown away everything I've worked for". I think that overlooks one major thing. You've worked to break some of the triggers. You've re-trained your brain to recognize that it can survive without nicotine. You've created connections that will (if you allow it) last for a lifetime. You were once a member of the Sky Divers. You may have shifted to another group but I think it's safe to speak for the rest of the group here when I say, You are a Sky Diver for life (as long as you are posting roll). That doesn't mean that you post roll with us anymore, but I would be disappointed if you don't post support with us on a regular basis if not every day. I mean, you have my phone number and you can always call or text any time. I would expect EVERY member of our group to feel the same way. Take your lumps, give serious thought to the questions and answer them when you have truly given them the thought they deserve, and post roll every damn day. There is a mindset that is created when you don't give yourself the freedom to miss a day. It creates a mindset of "never let your guard down" and you could have used that recently. Posting every day will help you get into that frame of mind. I want you to cross your HOF date as a 100% poster. I will post roll for you any day you need help. Ask around, I do that for about 15 different people in our group and I'll do that for you in your new group (just remind me so I don't accidentally post in Nov 13.
I said on our wall that I'm pissed at you and I am but I'm also damn proud of you. You didn't make excuses, you simply stated the facts. You came back to us and explained what happened so that everyone here can learn from your mistake. You posted day 1 because you know it's the right thing to do and you aren't sulking and going back to the tit that you sucked on for so many years. I am more proud of that than anything else and today, I quit with you. Now, continue to get your head out of your ass..... drink (but NEVER get drunk) with those that you can't trust to protect your quit..... and post roll every damn day.
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13
Thanks mostly to LHG. That girl rocks the world. I love you Sis.
Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow
SkyDiver - The first step is a bitch but that's when the fun starts.

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2013, 04:48:00 PM »
The price of re-admission is truthfully answering the three questions that have been proferred to all who have caved and attempted a comeback. You need to answer all three and post the responses in your old group and in Feb. '14, your new group. Be honest in your answers and try to learn something about yourself.

(1) What happened to make you cave?

(2) Why did it happen?

(3) What are you gonna do differently in this quit, to avoid the same thing from happening again?
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline gorilla1

• Quitter
  • Interests: Not dipping. Always looking how to be a better father. Trees, gardening, writing.
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2013, 04:34:00 PM »
Better get posting in Feb 2014 Monty. Get that Day 1 posted and start making good on your promise again to yourself and the rest of your brothers here who have been with you all the way. Get humble and answer the questions, get in constant contact with brothers here and be vigilant about your commitment to your quit. You know how to reach me anytime and I expect a call or a text BEFORE you decide to stuff that black dog shit in your face again.

Peace.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2013, 02:15:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: Mike
Quote from: Onedollar99cents
Quote from: Greg5280
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: Erussell
Quote from: gorilla1
Talking with this brother every day is helping to save my life. I just wanted to acknowledge that and let you know you are one hell of a quitter. Shoulder to shoulder man. Lets keep doing this thing.

Peace.
Thats right shoulder to shoulder! I changed my mind about coffee, i need to stay awake, ill deal with acid reflux later. 'crackup'
Both of you quitters are bad asses.
;)
Dig it! Using the site as it is intended!

:D
Got a bit hammered today and chewed on some hooch, found an empty can of grizzly and took a smell from it, the fuck? It smells like cigarettes!!! Holly shit i almost barfed all over the place. How come i never noticed that before? I guess i was so used to that nasty death smell that it did not bother me. Im so glad to be here, the craves are a walk in the park even after a few beers, and the support circle i have is so badass!!! ODAAT!!!

Btw tossed that shit and also rounded up some old spit bottles, they were all dried out and smelled like a hookers ass.
Your rocken this quit bro. Proud of you. Got to get onto you a little though. Take it for what it is.

Keep that filthy disgusting poison as far away from you as possible. Don't give in to your addict brain telling you to smell it. Yes it stinks,, it's the smell of slavery and death. Me and you smelled that poison for umpteen years. We are done!!!! We don't smell, taste or look with desire.

Be careful drinking. Drinking has ruined quits. Look how close you had the poison to your pie hole. Don't think for one second you are in the clear brother. Your got a great quit going, but your addict brain probes. It looks for the perfect time.

Since I've been here i've see to many failures. Guys with a lot more days then you. Quit with you bro.
How do guys handle a few drinks? I've avoided having even 1 beer in the last 12 days incase it becomes a trigger. I don't drink much so 1-2 for me would be 3-4 for a more normal guy. But eventually I might just want a beer or will go on vacation where alcohol is all around. Thoughts? How are guys successful with this? Or will it be easier a month or two more into it than I am now?
I don't think there is a profound answer. My answer would be to many is to many. Not trying to be smart. You actually answered that yourself. No your limits and then drink less than what you even THINK they are. It comes down to how important this quit is to you. glad to be quit with both of you.
Thanks Srans, I think you're right of course. Makes sense. Now to figure out what my limits are when I'm ready.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2013, 01:06:00 PM »
Quote from: Mike
Talking with this brother every day is helping to save my life. I just wanted to acknowledge that and let you know you are one hell of a quitter. Shoulder to shoulder man. Lets keep doing this thing.

Peace.
Thats right shoulder to shoulder! I changed my mind about coffee, i need to stay awake, ill deal with acid reflux later. 'crackup'
;)

Got a bit hammered today and chewed on some hooch, found an empty can of grizzly and took a smell from it, the fuck? It smells like cigarettes!!! Holly shit i almost barfed all over the place. How come i never noticed that before? I guess i was so used to that nasty death smell that it did not bother me. Im so glad to be here, the craves are a walk in the park even after a few beers, and the support circle i have is so badass!!! ODAAT!!!

Btw tossed that shit and also rounded up some old spit bottles, they were all dried out and smelled like a hookers ass.
Your rocken this quit bro. Proud of you. Got to get onto you a little though. Take it for what it is.

Keep that filthy disgusting poison as far away from you as possible. Don't give in to your addict brain telling you to smell it. Yes it stinks,, it's the smell of slavery and death. Me and you smelled that poison for umpteen years. We are done!!!! We don't smell, taste or look with desire.

Be careful drinking. Drinking has ruined quits. Look how close you had the poison to your pie hole. Don't think for one second you are in the clear brother. Your got a great quit going, but your addict brain probes. It looks for the perfect time.

Since I've been here i've see to many failures. Guys with a lot more days then you. Quit with you bro.
How do guys handle a few drinks? I've avoided having even 1 beer in the last 12 days incase it becomes a trigger. I don't drink much so 1-2 for me would be 3-4 for a more normal guy. But eventually I might just want a beer or will go on vacation where alcohol is all around. Thoughts? How are guys successful with this? Or will it be easier a month or two more into it than I am now?
I don't think there is a profound answer. My answer would be to many is to many. Not trying to be smart. You actually answered that yourself. No your limits and then drink less than what you even THINK they are. It comes down to how important this quit is to you. glad to be quit with both of you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2013, 11:47:00 AM »

Peace.
;)

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2013, 10:04:00 AM »

Peace.
;)

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Onedollar99cents

• Quitter
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2013, 12:53:00 AM »

Peace.
;)

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2013, 09:19:00 PM »

Peace.
;)

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2013, 09:13:00 PM »

Peace.
;)

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2013, 01:43:00 PM »

Peace.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline Onedollar99cents

• Quitter
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2013, 12:17:00 PM »

Peace.

Offline gorilla1

• Quitter
  • Interests: Not dipping. Always looking how to be a better father. Trees, gardening, writing.
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2013, 10:20:00 PM »

Peace.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2013, 04:35:00 PM »
Congrats sounds like a great Sunday!

Offline Onedollar99cents

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2013, 04:15:00 PM »
Today i feel a bit hungover but i cant tell you how great it is to walk outside and be anle to smell the grass, trees, even dog dhit may be...for the first time in years. So damn glad im quit with you all, glad i found this place, and glad the nic bitch is no longer in control of every decission i make.