Author Topic: Now or never  (Read 9322 times)

Offline Onedollar99cents

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Now or never
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2013, 04:22:00 PM »
I really appreciate all of your replies. Have to do the whole phone thing all over again. The computer is fucking up but i figured out how to post roll properly. 'boob'

The fog is not really that big of an issue for me. Ive been living through fog close to a year. What i mean by this, i only dipped when i got back from work, where as before it used to be close to a can a day. I just could not quit completely, after a few days i would go ape shit and give in. I did a few weeks here and there on my own, but it was mainly due to a surgery of the throat and some other bullshit that kept me away from the nic. Somehow i just could not pull it together, and i know exactly why, i would always forget the reasons why i was quitting. I would forget about rotten gums, loose teeth and pains in the throat due to acid reflux. But KTC and the support group is a good way to keep a reminder in my head. Day 2 and one day at a time is how it will be.

Offline Jayhawk

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2013, 11:35:00 AM »
$1.99 - I've been reading what's going on so far. First, congratulations on deciding to quit. There are many things in your life that happen to you in which you may not have much control. But, your quit is one thing that you have absolute control over! You decide how this is going to go. Not me, not anyone else on this site. This quit is for you.

Having said that, we all know and understand what getting off nic does to us. We know that it feels like. Trust me on this, your wife is not nagging you. I will bet my ass she is fully supportive of you. This is going to suck for a while - get used to it. Embrace it and, love your wife, she is dealing with your withdrawal too, don't forget that. I know it will be tempting to be short with others. Just remember my words here - bring that shit to us, not your family. We can deal with it.

This frustration feeling will pass as you get that shit out of your system. We are right behind you supporting you. Your wife - I'm sure - is supporting you.

This my friend is all part of the fog. Some call it the suck. That seems appropriate. Embrace it. Own it and don't ever forget it. You are about to find out what quitting is worth. Once you bust through, your life will be better than it was with nic.

We have all been there. My advice - the fog is like a kick in the balls. You just have to deal with it until it goes away. It always does go away.

Congratulations $1.99 on quitting dip. Throwing the patch away was the second best thing to do. Experiencing the fog, or the suck as part of a cold-turkey quit is something that only the toughest badasses can do. We have all done it. You are about to experience it. Once you come out on the other side, you will be part of a group of guys who took control over something as serious as nic and beat that bitch. That makes you one tough bastard. Glad to have you on my team.

You are taking your life back one day at a time. That is impressive.
The fog is just one long kick in the balls.

Quit 5/15/13
HOF 8/22/13

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2013, 10:49:00 PM »
Quote from: gorilla1
PM'd you my number one. I expect a call or a text. I'm tryna build a network here with some people to help ensure my sobriety from the black dog shit. I don't wanna go back there, but I'm a forgetter and I need folks around who remember the truth when I don't. Help me out with that. Together we can be quit. Peace.
We are all just $5 and a bad decision away from disaster. That's why we are all here. Even the vets are not immune to this problem. Thus trade numbers and holding one another accountable. Give this guy your number and as many others as you can. If you are worried I've spent a huge amount of time with this guy texting over that last two days. He is a quitter! Glad to be quit with you.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline gorilla1

• Quitter
  • Interests: Not dipping. Always looking how to be a better father. Trees, gardening, writing.
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 10:35:00 PM »
PM'd you my number one. I expect a call or a text. I'm tryna build a network here with some people to help ensure my sobriety from the black dog shit. I don't wanna go back there, but I'm a forgetter and I need folks around who remember the truth when I don't. Help me out with that. Together we can be quit. Peace.

Offline Philly80

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 09:36:00 PM »
Quote from: Onedollar99cents
Quote from: worktowin
The patch is off  'bang head' . I'm glad I found out it was not an option, as a matter of fact i'll go grab the rest of them and toss them in the trash. So when I post roll tomorrow I must say: Onedollar99cents - Day 1? I'm trying to catch up on all the info within KTC, it may require a bit of time for me to catch up and figure out the rules, but for starters I've decided to make a deck of cards with all of the cancer pics from KTC. I'll keep those in my wallet so I could have a harsh reminder if the thought of buying another can ever crosses my mind - which will happen.
Now you are talkin! Welcome aboard man. No pain - no gain. Rip that patch pff and get ready. Nicotine is a formidable opponent, but if you post roll daily first thing and if you are a man of your word - you will do this.

If you lack integrity, this isn't a site for you. The people that succeed here keep their word to themselves an d each other. I think you'll fit on nicely.

Welcome aboard. If you need anything. - let me know!
Thank you, I will keep my word. The accountability idea is what really brought me here, I can stay true to myself but with nicotine it obviously has not worked otherwise I would not be here. I want to quit for myself but it does help knowing I'm not the only one going through this. :D
We are all in this together, take it one day at a time, post roll everyday and repeat. Good to be quit wit u.

Offline Onedollar99cents

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 08:55:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
The patch is off  'bang head' . I'm glad I found out it was not an option, as a matter of fact i'll go grab the rest of them and toss them in the trash. So when I post roll tomorrow I must say: Onedollar99cents - Day 1? I'm trying to catch up on all the info within KTC, it may require a bit of time for me to catch up and figure out the rules, but for starters I've decided to make a deck of cards with all of the cancer pics from KTC. I'll keep those in my wallet so I could have a harsh reminder if the thought of buying another can ever crosses my mind - which will happen.
Now you are talkin! Welcome aboard man. No pain - no gain. Rip that patch pff and get ready. Nicotine is a formidable opponent, but if you post roll daily first thing and if you are a man of your word - you will do this.

If you lack integrity, this isn't a site for you. The people that succeed here keep their word to themselves an d each other. I think you'll fit on nicely.

Thank you, I will keep my word. The accountability idea is what really brought me here, I can stay true to myself but with nicotine it obviously has not worked otherwise I would not be here. I want to quit for myself but it does help knowing I'm not the only one going through this. :D

Offline Onedollar99cents

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 08:46:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Nope. Today is still day one. Day 1 is the day you quit. Now your quit bro. Slave no more.. Its going to be rough for a couple minutes give or take, but you can and will do this.
Of course it's hard to stay quit, but I bet it's a lot harder to stay alive when you get cancer. Thanks for the encouragement, and i'll post day 2 tomorrow.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 08:45:00 PM »
The patch is off 'bang head' . I'm glad I found out it was not an option, as a matter of fact i'll go grab the rest of them and toss them in the trash. So when I post roll tomorrow I must say: Onedollar99cents - Day 1? I'm trying to catch up on all the info within KTC, it may require a bit of time for me to catch up and figure out the rules, but for starters I've decided to make a deck of cards with all of the cancer pics from KTC. I'll keep those in my wallet so I could have a harsh reminder if the thought of buying another can ever crosses my mind - which will happen.
The rules are easy.

1. No nic in any form.

2. Post roll every day like it is your job.

3. Honor your word.

4. Don't go in the other room with GMANN alone.....

You Can Do This!!!
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 08:07:00 PM »
The patch is off 'bang head' . I'm glad I found out it was not an option, as a matter of fact i'll go grab the rest of them and toss them in the trash. So when I post roll tomorrow I must say: Onedollar99cents - Day 1? I'm trying to catch up on all the info within KTC, it may require a bit of time for me to catch up and figure out the rules, but for starters I've decided to make a deck of cards with all of the cancer pics from KTC. I'll keep those in my wallet so I could have a harsh reminder if the thought of buying another can ever crosses my mind - which will happen.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 08:02:00 PM »
Nope. Today is still day one. Day 1 is the day you quit. Now your quit bro. Slave no more.. Its going to be rough for a couple minutes give or take, but you can and will do this.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Onedollar99cents

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2013, 07:51:00 PM »

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Deer hunting, motorcycles, football, basketball and most of all my quit and my loving family.
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2013, 07:30:00 PM »
Quote from: brinkhoffs52
$1.99.... Never is not an option, but now sounds like a pretty fucking smart idea.

You are making THE best decision of your life.  Single/Married/Divorced, Kids/NoKids, Job/NoJob, Girls/Guys, it doesn;t matter...  You CHOOSE today to stop something that is killing you every time you put in a pile of poison in your mouth...  And it is that simple... Every day, CHOOSE to post Roll, CHOOSE to stay quit, CHOOSE to save yourself.

We are ALL here for you and want to see you succeed!  Welcome aboard, and hang on tight... you are in for a bumpy (but oh so worthy) ride...

=Brink
Never is definitely not an option, what I had in mind is - now is the day this bullshit stops. I must say I did not read anywhere on this forum that I could not use a nicotine patch, I got a really bad craving got into a fight with the wife and figured i'll throw this thing on see if it helps. Is that considered caving? If so I guess I fucked up already...but i'd rather do that then put that poison in my mouth.
A nocotine patch is definantly a cave. THROW that shit away, BURN it, FLUSH it, whatever it takes to get rid of it. All that patch will do for you is keep you in a constant state of withdrawl and keep you in the fog and the suck even longer. PM me if you need anything.
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 07:30:00 PM »
One dollar,, very glad to have you but if the patch is still on its not welcome here. We quit here. We jump all the way in the quit pool. We don't just dangle our feet and sit on the edge.

You want freedom,, you gotta take it. The poison comes in many forms, patch included.

Don't be fooled into thinking one form of the poison is better than another. Nicotine is what your addicted to...

Pull that patch off and let's really quit bro!!!
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Onedollar99cents

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 07:14:00 PM »
On to the proper intro...

No kids, just a wife. Recently married, and the wife is already trying to kill me with nagging. Past few weeks have been hell, she has found every way possible to push my buttons. With that said, I still want to quit now, not tomorrow, not another year from now, which brings me to another point - been a user of poison about 5-6 years. I had a drinking problem too, but one day I just had enough of it and stopped, I know a lot of people would have not called it a problem but to me it was excessive (the frequency of drinking not the amount consumed) so I cut it right out of my life after reading a book about drinking by the author Allen Carr. My main hobby is working on cars other than that, its work and daily life activities, used to involve dipping and drinking but I think it's time to cut that shit out. So once again "hello" and thank you for explaining how to post on a phone.

Offline Onedollar99cents

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 07:05:00 PM »
Quote from: brinkhoffs52
$1.99.... Never is not an option, but now sounds like a pretty fucking smart idea.

You are making THE best decision of your life. Single/Married/Divorced, Kids/NoKids, Job/NoJob, Girls/Guys, it doesn;t matter... You CHOOSE today to stop something that is killing you every time you put in a pile of poison in your mouth... And it is that simple... Every day, CHOOSE to post Roll, CHOOSE to stay quit, CHOOSE to save yourself.

We are ALL here for you and want to see you succeed! Welcome aboard, and hang on tight... you are in for a bumpy (but oh so worthy) ride...

=Brink
Never is definitely not an option, what I had in mind is - now is the day this bullshit stops. I must say I did not read anywhere on this forum that I could not use a nicotine patch, I got a really bad craving got into a fight with the wife and figured i'll throw this thing on see if it helps. Is that considered caving? If so I guess I fucked up already...but i'd rather do that then put that poison in my mouth.