Author Topic: Day 1...  (Read 11737 times)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
Re: Day 1...
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2022, 07:37:14 AM »
Anyone seen Hundy? I heard Stillbrewing ate him. That's right, Stillbrewing ate Hundy!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline AwakenedOne

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Proud Member of the April 2020 Cobra Kai Quit Dojo
  • Quit Date: 01/10/2020
  • Interests: Fearing God, Following Jesus, The Bible, my wife and kids, helping others, Texas A&M Aggies football, playing guitar, golf, guns, playing pick-up basketball, camping, fishing, quitting both nicotine and recreational cannabis
  • Likes Given: 598
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2021, 11:52:23 AM »
For all the guests lurking...

Today marks 600 days of independance from Copenhagen after 37 years of dependance and it feels awesome!
In the last 600 days:
I have been free from planning my days and nights around dip wondering if I have enough to get through the night.
I have been free from stinky spitters.
I have been free from spilling the above stinky spitters in every place imaginable.
I have been free from drooling brown goo on the pillows for sleeping with a dip in.
I have been free from the rage from the wife for drooling the above goo on the new linen.
I have been free from splatters of dried up tobacco juice on the door of my truck.
I have met other quitters, been to quit meets, and have made life long friendships.
I have made a network of KTC brothers and sisters who I know I could contact in a heartbeat should
the need for nicotine feel overwhelming...and these same would probably throat punch me if I ever caved.
I wake up every morning feeling blessed as I post my morning promise to stay free.  I know that even though
I will always be a nicotine addict, I am no longer a slave to tobacco.
I love my freedom...NAFAR!
Quit today and be free!
~SB
Congrats on 600 brother. Proud to quit with you.
600 hundy looks goo on you. Keep up the great work.
To the man who has taught me so much and has allowed me the pleasure of sharing his knowledge, I sir salute you  'army'. Congrats Steve and I am damn proud to be quit with you!!!!!!
Right on brother, keep fighting the good fight. Proud to be quit with you.
 INTRODUCTION | H.O.F SPEECH | H.O.F WRITE-UP
Q u i t : 1 / 1 0 / 2 0 | H O F : 4 / 1 8 / 2 0 | F 2 : 7 / 2 7 / 2 0 | F 3 : 1 1 / 4 / 2 0 | Y 1 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 1 | F 4 : 0 2 / 1 2 / 2 1 | F 5 : 0 5 / 2 3 / 2 1 | F 6 :  8 / 31 / 2 1 | F 7 : 1 2 / 9 / 2 1 | Y 2 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 2 | F 8: 0 3 / 1 9 / 2 2  | F 9: 6 / 2 7 / 2 2 | 1 K 1 0 / 0 5 / 2 2 | Y 3 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 3 | F 1 1 :  0 1 / 1 3 / 2 3 | F 1 2 :  0 4 / 2 3 / 2 3 | F 1 3 :  0 8 / 0 1 / 2 3 | F 1 4 :  1 1 / 0 9 / 2 3 Y 4 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 4 | F 1 5 :  ( i n  p r o g r e s s )
P R O V E R B S  3 : 5 - 6 | R O M A N S  1 2 : 1 - 2 | 1  C O R I N T H I A N S 1 3 : 1 - 1 3 | C O L O S S I A N S  3 : 1 2 - 1 4

A      W      A      K      E      N       E      D
T  O    T  H  E    E  V  I  L  S    O  F    N  I  C  O  T  I  N  E    &    A  D  D  I  C  T  I  O  N
M  A  D  E    P  O  W  E  R  F  U  L    B  Y  J E S U S
T  H  E    H  O  L  Y
O    N    E

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2021, 07:27:07 PM »

Today marks 600 days of independance from Copenhagen after 37 years of dependance and it feels awesome!
In the last 600 days:
I have been free from planning my days and nights around dip wondering if I have enough to get through the night.
I have been free from spilling the above stinky spitters in every place imaginable.
I have been free from drooling brown goo on the pillows for sleeping with a dip in.
I have been free from the rage from the wife for drooling the above goo on the new linen.
I have been free from splatters of dried up tobacco juice on the door of my truck.
I have met other quitters, been to quit meets, and have made life long friendships.
I have made a network of KTC brothers and sisters who I know I could contact in a heartbeat should
the need for nicotine feel overwhelming...and these same would probably throat punch me if I ever caved.
I wake up every morning feeling blessed as I post my morning promise to stay free.  I know that even though
Quit today and be free!
~SB
To the man who has taught me so much and has allowed me the pleasure of sharing his knowledge, I sir salute you  'army'. Congrats Steve and I am damn proud to be quit with you!!!!!!

Offline bubblehed668

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • "The" Conductor
  • Quit Date: 03/22/2008
  • Likes Given: 658
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2021, 11:05:23 AM »

In the last 600 days:
Quit today and be free!
~SB
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Online Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1633
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2021, 10:31:31 AM »

In the last 600 days:
Quit today and be free!
~SB
Jan19

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/5/19
  • Likes Given: 1076
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2021, 11:21:47 AM »

In the last 600 days:
Quit today and be free!
~SB
"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes all worth living.  So, love the life you live, live the life you love." - Bob Marley

“La tristesse durera toujours." ~ Vincent van Gogh

"You can fuck off all the way to fuckoff mountain and jump off FUCKOFF point for all i care. Just post and stay quit." ~MikeW2018~

HOF-3/13/20; 2nd floor-6/21/20; 3rd floor-9/29/20; 1 year-12/3/20; 4th floor-1/7/21; 5th floor-4/17/21; 6th floor-7/26/21

HOF Speech Here

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2021, 08:58:26 PM »
It is the coolest thing in the world to see a man you've only shared the ethernet with burst into life in 3D.
It was good to break bread this morning and share life for a while
The dudes that post and ghost, that never meet another quitter, leave their fate to chance.
Thanks Stillbrewing - for the daily texts, for the inspiration, for making the trip, for sharing a smile.
@Athan @GS9502
It was an amazing trip.  It's really incredible to see the brotherhood that you hear of when you first quit actually come to life.  These bonds are so real...to take up arms in solidarity against an addictive substance that at one time you welcomed into your body, and to meet those warriors who fought that daily battle against it with you in person.  I am forever grateful to you Athan & Matt for I feel that I have made lifelong friends.  We will definitely meet again.  Matt, you have an awesome family and I can't thank you enough for putting up with me for the weekend.  Quit on my brothers!!!
I get to host you next time!
Brotherhood goes next level when you can meet a fellow quitter face to face. Athan and I live close enough to meet up whenever our schedules allow, but to have Stillbrewing down from NJ was awesome. I got a couple of weird looks from people when I told them I was having a guy I'd never met before stay with us for the weekend, but they don't really understand the brotherhood that forms through KTC. @stillbrewing, @Athan, and I will always be down like three flat tires because we have a united goal - stay quit ODAAT.

I encourage any quitter who has an opportunity to meet other quitters to do it!
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2021, 07:51:24 PM »
It is the coolest thing in the world to see a man you've only shared the ethernet with burst into life in 3D.
The dudes that post and ghost, that never meet another quitter, leave their fate to chance.
Thanks Stillbrewing - for the daily texts, for the inspiration, for making the trip, for sharing a smile.
@Athan @GS9502
It was an amazing trip.  It's really incredible to see the brotherhood that you hear of when you first quit actually come to life.  These bonds are so real...to take up arms in solidarity against an addictive substance that at one time you welcomed into your body, and to meet those warriors who fought that daily battle against it with you in person.  I am forever grateful to you Athan & Matt for I feel that I have made lifelong friends.  We will definitely meet again.  Matt, you have an awesome family and I can't thank you enough for putting up with me for the weekend.  Quit on my brothers!!!
I get to host you next time!
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2021, 06:27:04 PM »
@Athan @GS9502
"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes all worth living.  So, love the life you live, live the life you love." - Bob Marley

"You can fuck off all the way to fuckoff mountain and jump off FUCKOFF point for all i care. Just post and stay quit." ~MikeW2018~

HOF-3/13/20; 2nd floor-6/21/20; 3rd floor-9/29/20; 1 year-12/3/20; 4th floor-1/7/21; 5th floor-4/17/21; 6th floor-7/26/21

HOF Speech Here

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2021, 06:07:09 PM »

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2021, 08:15:03 PM »
Tonight I see many guests creeping in the shadows.  There comes a time when you're dipping just because it's something your have been doing for years and it's just something that is comforting and fills in the time when you're bored.  Working on a project or doing yardwork is the best time to pack a lipper...but now you worried about those sores that come and go.  You have been wanting to quit for so long and have a couple of times for awhile, but something stressful always happens and it's like just one dip will be OK because I've been so good for so long.  Back to the dip grind full time.  The panic of the feeling that it may be too late and my mouth is on fire is now putting waves of anxiety through my being.  What will I tell my wife and my kids who depend on me everyday to make sure everything is OK? 
This was me. I made a million excuses of why I can't quit.  It made me sweat just to think about tossing that can in the trash.  WTF was I going to do when I wake up in the morning like I have for 37 years and feel for that can that I flushed?
YOU WILL QUIT!
It's not easy but nothing that is worthwhile ever is.
I love my FREEDOM! 
I will never be a slave to an inanimate object aka a dead weed in a can ever again.
Nicotine is a horrible addiction and spitting shit everywhere during covid is worse than a bad look.
Flush that can and post your day #1 with your word to stay quit for the day.
Tomorrow morning...wash, rinse, repeat.  We quit one day at a time.
Join me today in quitting!

HOF Speech Here

Offline stillbrewing

• Quit King
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2021, 05:21:59 AM »
Burned a few days off from work to do stuff around the house.  This morning I posted my day 476 and sent out my daily morning texts like I owned this shit.  Deep cleaned my kitchen today top to bottom (yep cooking is my shit).  I had a few drinks in the process and then that nic bitch started screaming in my ear.  If it wasn't for my promise to quit for today and my quit crew...I'd be lost.
Thank-you my friends.  Tomorrow will be another +1.
Tell Nic Witch that you are divorced from her and your wife will castrate you if you go back!!!!!!!! Besides I know two guys from Pa that would hang you upside down by your toenails if you caved. What do you think @MuleMan or is using toenails to good for our man @stillbrewing ,lol.
Nice win my brother. Demonstrates the importance of posting your promise and the brotherhood. Keep letting those days add up. You are killing it.
Thanks Doug & Keith...  LOL not ready to do another day 1.  I can't even imagine what kind of shit you would put me through.  Yeah...no...
way to keep er down brother! It’s the little wins that matter the most, your a badass quiter keep doing you !

You lean on us, we lean on you...shoulder to shoulder my friend.  My distinct honor and pleasure to be quit with you today brother.

~HAG
great stuff here on the StillBrew stream of consciousness channel

@Thefranks5 - we’d be on a mission together to punish Ol Steve. First you’d pick me up in that fancy new A-Team style work van. Then we’d hop over the bridge to Jersey and kidnap that sucker. A short trip south would allow us to expose his pasty flesh to the South Jersey green head fly. A little shirtless time on the Delaware Bay should cure him of those “just one more” thoughts.

Mule
@MuleMan Dang, that sounds like fun. I am not waiting to see  @stillbrewing gets stupid and cave, which I know he won’t!!!  Lets just make it happen now so he knows we are serious, lol. I like you and Steve would never ever want to go back to day 1. PTBQWYT

Doug
@MuleMan
Damn Mulz...you went straight for the green heads.  I'd rather be drawn and quartered.

HOF Speech Here

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2021, 06:09:38 AM »
Burned a few days off from work to do stuff around the house.  This morning I posted my day 476 and sent out my daily morning texts like I owned this shit.  Deep cleaned my kitchen today top to bottom (yep cooking is my shit).  I had a few drinks in the process and then that nic bitch started screaming in my ear.  If it wasn't for my promise to quit for today and my quit crew...I'd be lost.
Tell Nic Witch that you are divorced from her and your wife will castrate you if you go back!!!!!!!! Besides I know two guys from Pa that would hang you upside down by your toenails if you caved. What do you think @MuleMan or is using toenails to good for our man @stillbrewing ,lol.
Nice win my brother. Demonstrates the importance of posting your promise and the brotherhood. Keep letting those days add up. You are killing it.
Thanks Doug & Keith...  LOL not ready to do another day 1.  I can't even imagine what kind of shit you would put me through.  Yeah...no...
way to keep er down brother! It’s the little wins that matter the most, your a badass quiter keep doing you !

You lean on us, we lean on you...shoulder to shoulder my friend.  My distinct honor and pleasure to be quit with you today brother.

~HAG

@Thefranks5 - we’d be on a mission together to punish Ol Steve. First you’d pick me up in that fancy new A-Team style work van. Then we’d hop over the bridge to Jersey and kidnap that sucker. A short trip south would allow us to expose his pasty flesh to the South Jersey green head fly. A little shirtless time on the Delaware Bay should cure him of those “just one more” thoughts.

Mule
@MuleMan Dang, that sounds like fun. I am not waiting to see  @stillbrewing gets stupid and cave, which I know he won’t!!!  Lets just make it happen now so he knows we are serious, lol. I like you and Steve would never ever want to go back to day 1. PTBQWYT

Doug

Offline MuleMan

• Can Sweeper
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: December 28, 2019 after watching MULE play the MET in Philly
  • Interests: Mule.net; Live Music; Camping; Jam Bands; Heavy Metal; Offshore Fishing
  • Likes Given: 2526
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2021, 06:03:58 AM »

~HAG

Mule
MuleMan
Cause I Kill the Can

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2021, 07:13:13 PM »

~HAG